ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:15 PM   #1
lostdaemon
ninjette.org member

Name: Mar

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninjette

Question Turn Signal Light Going Solid?

Another n00b question, sorry!

So I was stuck in traffic and it was pretty hot yesterday. I was waiting in a turn lane chatting with another rider with my turn signal on, and I guess my bike was getting pretty hot. I looked down and saw that my turn signal, which flashes in time with the blinker, had gone solid.

What the heck does that mean?

Once I was moving again and tried to signal it was fine, blinked normal, but what was my Max trying to tell me?

Thanks!
lostdaemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Whiskey
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Were the indicator bulbs flashing or solidly on/off? (the orange ones, not the green light on the dash)

A loose connection may have been responsible, but was shaken back into position once you began moving. If that's the cause one bulb stays off the other stays on, the loose connection is at the off bulb. connections are behind the fairing panels for the front, and are under the seat for the rear ones.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:10 PM   #3
lostdaemon
ninjette.org member

Name: Mar

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninjette

The actual signals (flush mounts on the front, stock stalk signals in the rear) were going just fine - I asked the other rider later and he hadn't seen anything weird. Just the dash light had gone solid. I feel like I recall it having happened before in high heat too.

I'll keep an eye out for it in the future as summer comes on...
lostdaemon is offline   Reply With Quote