ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old September 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

So I left my GF :(

It`s about 1 am and half drunk..typing from the parent`s home on their old pentium 2, and I feel like emptying my heart out cause well I just went through my first real break-up in my life at 27 years old (I would classify my past relations as minor compared to this..).

I`ve been with this girl for almost 3.5 years, we bought a house together..and since about some time ago, knew this wouldn`t end good, that it wasn`t how I liked it to be...so tonight I let the cat outta the bag.

I feel like a monster ripping someone`s life appart like that, I know she was still in love with me, it was hard to go with the discussion..sharing a house and multiple common friend is just making it harder..but i got to keep telling myself it`s for the better and everybody goes through that. I`m somewhat relieved now..last shifts at work was brutal..12 hours straight with that scenario of me telling my GF the speach was eating me from the inside...

I know it`s for the better now, I was treating her more like a roomate than a lover lately...but I gotta say, when I stepped out of the door and she ran to me me to give one last hug and a kiss, and said she was going to miss me...I felt like dying, like the biggest peice of Sh*t in the world

Old September 25th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Hang in there, Remy. Sounds like you made the only decision you could.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #3
Armored_Pig
ninjette.org member

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Suzuki GS500

I had to do that once..

Time heals all--for both parties..

I usually keep communications to a minimum, ymmv..

Just hang in there man. If you know its going to end eventually, stringing someone else along is the worst thing to do--imho, you did the right thing..

AP
Armored_Pig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2009, 10:37 AM   #4
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

You did the right thing, but I know it was hard. Hang in there. We're here to listen if you need to get more off your chest.

Old September 26th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #5
kkim

It's difficult, but if you know it's for the best, better now, before you got married, than after... believe me.

Hang in there.

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #6
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

oh man that sucks...but don't worry too much man. She'll be alright...
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #7
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Sorry to hear Remy I know how tough those decisions and moments can be. Look to the future and keep you head up. As Kim said we're here for you.

Old September 27th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #8
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

Life is full of hard decisions, and you just made a really hard one ...
But hang in there Remy, we're here for you, you'll always have family here to support you

Old September 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #9
emt250
2 Wheel Newb

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

You'll both get through it. Be strong.

Old September 27th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #10
dakkerz
ninjette.org member

Name: Dak

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

I was in the exact same situation and just did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. I broke up with my fiance of 3.5 years whom I lived with and completely broke her heart. It's been really tough going to outings with mutual friends and seeing her there and seeing how hurt she is.

I can't give you much advice yet on how to deal with it since I'm in the same boat, but keep your head up man.
dakkerz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #11
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkerz View Post
I was in the exact same situation and just did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. I broke up with my fiance of 3.5 years whom I lived with and completely broke her heart. It's been really tough going to outings with mutual friends and seeing her there and seeing how hurt she is.

I can't give you much advice yet on how to deal with it since I'm in the same boat, but keep your head up man.
Ill turn the boat and say to you, you probably did the right thing too...

I talked to her today, and I'm pretty sure it's going to get better. But its still very bad for her right now..she pretty much insisted on talking to me a bit. It's hard. thx for reading.

Old September 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #12
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Remy - nothing wrong with talking. If at the end of this you can both come away with a better understanding of why it didn't work and a friendship then you can't ask for much more. Hand in there.

Old September 28th, 2009, 04:02 AM   #13
dakkerz
ninjette.org member

Name: Dak

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
Ill turn the boat and say to you, you probably did the right thing too...

I talked to her today, and I'm pretty sure it's going to get better. But its still very bad for her right now..she pretty much insisted on talking to me a bit. It's hard. thx for reading.
Yeah one indication I KNEW I did the right thing was that I didn't feel heart broken over it all. I feel REALLY bad for breaking her heart, but at the same time I knew I wasn't happy and had to move on.

Yeah it's going to be hard at first. It was hard for us at first, because she had no where to go and had to stay at my house for a few days after we split until she could find a place to move to. I pretty much woke up every morning to her crying, but she's getting better and moving on as well. We're trying to stay friends, but we both know that we need to take it slow and minimize how much we talk because it still makes her emotional.

I'm glad you guys were able to talk and see that things will get better, it makes things a little easier. Like I said, keep your head up Remy and best of luck.
dakkerz is offline   Reply With Quote