ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old October 11th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #1
MotoED
ninjette.org guru

Name: Edd

Motorcycle(s): 2011 SE Pearl/Ebony Ninja 250R

Red face 1st Drop!

Not recently, but I did drop it the very 1st day I got it

The drop wasn't bad. It was embarrassing, I fell in front of my mom, when trying to convience her that I was gonna be fine riding a motorcycle. Lol.
I was just practicing on it, not even twisting the throttle, just letting go of the clutch, getting to know her
For some noob reason I squeezed the brake, while it was moving, and it sent me flying off the bike. The bike stood still for like 2 seconds... then fell on its side.

I lucked out, nothing happened to my bike. No cracks, dents, scratches.. Nada!
Only a busted turn signal, and I bent my shifter (is that what it's called? Sorry, I'm a noob) it also still works good, I just don't like knowing it's Fu*kd up. Does anyone know where I can buy one and get some help changing it?

So, that's my 1st drop story? What's yours?
[#4]
MotoED is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to crash area

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 11th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #3
MotoED
ninjette.org guru

Name: Edd

Motorcycle(s): 2011 SE Pearl/Ebony Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
/moved to crash area
My bad Alex, thanks for correcting.
[#4]
MotoED is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #4
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 white se 250r , 2008 zx6R

i ALMOST dropped mine in the garage taking it down off the stand, i forgot to pull the kickstand out so as i dropped it down it started going over quick.. luckily i was able to grab it and hold it as i pulled the kickstand down. since ive never dropped it i figured i would add that story instead
greatwhiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #5
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
I kinda dropped it once outside my house. I dropped it while sat on it, kick stand up, engine on and in neutral. I was doing some quick pre-ride checks, one of them being to check my front and rear brakes trigger the rear brake light. I looked back and pulled the front brake; saw it light up. I then used my foot to test the rear break... turns out I hadn't properly entered riding mode and I had in fact just pressed down the shifter It jolted forward and then tipped to the right. It didn't fall completely on it's side, as I managed to hold it up. All that happened was the right peg got some scratches on it. Thankfully no one was watching! I was kicking myself for ages after that. Such a stupid mistake.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #6
Apocolypze01
CBR? This is ninjaaaaaa!!

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '97 ZZR250

haha i dropped mine on the first day too! I was taking her off the centrestand whilst OFF the bike. lol.

From now on, i always hop on the bike and take to take it off the centrestand.
Apocolypze01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 16th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #7
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Lol my first drop was a noob mistake too, understandable because it was after a short back road practice ride session before I had taken msf or had even gotten my drivers license (oh illegal I know but it doesn't really matter now). I pulled into the driveway shut her down and leaned her over. Notice how I didn't say I put the kickstand down? Lol! Over she went.. ): bent my clutch lever and scratched the side of my mirror and turn signal. Still haven't gotten around to replacing any of it... bent clutch made clutch control hard at first lol but now I'm used to it :P
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 16th, 2011, 04:49 AM   #8
Apocolypze01
CBR? This is ninjaaaaaa!!

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '97 ZZR250

Haha same. I had my clutch lever bent from the first day i got it - from dropping it. It wasnt until i got new levers and grips the other day, I found the normal lever so hard to use!
Apocolypze01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 16th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #9
cuz
cuz

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

lol ya me too I was pushing mine out to the sunlight too work on it pressed the front brake w/a little turning and DOWN!!! she went w/me on top LOL took me less that 2 seconds to pick her up and say I'm sorry oohhh baby
Posted via Mobile Device
cuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #10
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
LOL! Funny story! Glad all was well!
My first drop was about a month after learning to ride. I was turning around in someone's driveway. I pulled in and was backing out on a decent incline (mistake #1 for a 5'6" girl learning to ride a motorcycle...). There was a bump at the end of the driveway. As I went over the bump already on my tiptoes going uphill, I lost footing and the bike fell. I picked it up and drove it home. The clutch lever was bent and the shifter wasn't shifting smoothly, but hubby got it all fixed up for me. Some lessons we just have to learn the hard way.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2011, 06:35 PM   #11
avneet
Kryptonite

Name: Avneet

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Haha my only ever drop was also right in front of my mom. Luckily I had already convinced her and was practicing in a high school parking lot (she was heading to the track to run). I was practicing u-turns in a tight space. I made the first few u-turns with about a foot of space from the curb. The next try I was going to fast and knew I'd hit the curb. Stupid me hit the front break while the wheel was still turned so the bike just straight fell over at like 5 mph. Luckily not even a scratch. All i was thinking was, "No mom is here!". I start picking up my bike pretending not to see my mom and hoping she didn't see me. As I'm walking up the bike I see her right beside me lifting it. Luckily she was laughing and was happy I'd crashed there in a parking lot while learning to ride rather then be out driving without having practiced.

Since my time of practicing until now I have luckily never dropped it again
avneet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:48 PM   #12
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Dropped mine the second day i had it.
Was moving the ninja into my backyard and slipped luckily it was on grass.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM   #13
mustang5.0
ninjette.org guru

Name: E

Motorcycle(s): 2011 GIXXER 600

lol.. did the same thing on my 1st day..still gotta fix that turn signal
mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:44 AM   #14
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avneet View Post
As I'm walking up the bike I see her right beside me lifting it. Luckily she was laughing and was happy I'd crashed there in a parking lot while learning to ride rather then be out driving without having practiced.

Since my time of practicing until now I have luckily never dropped it again
I've never dropped my bike, but I've had some super close calls. If my mother had been around, she would have laughed and then came to help.
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:39 PM   #15
Dragone
ninjette.org member

Name: Ted

Motorcycle(s): '86 VFR 750, '90 ZX7, '92 KZ1000, '05 ninja 500, '05 6RR, '06 10R, '07 ninja 250

That is a bad ass quote right there. I feel ya and thanks for posting that.

Quote:
The drop wasn't bad. It was embarrassing, I fell in front of my mom, when trying to convience her that I was gonna be fine riding a motorcycle. Lol.
Dragone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM   #16
LexisReid
ninjette.org member

Name: Alexis

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

I've dropped mine twice. Made me REALLY happy that I decided to buy used and not new!

Both times making slow u-turns. Target fixated on a car that I was heading towards, panicked and grabbed the front brake with the wheel turned. The first time I damaged the left turn signal, second time just scraped the shifter and the handlebar 'cause I felt it going down and tried to catch it. I think I wouldn't have dropped it, but I had literally filled my tank minutes before (my first ever fill up!) and MAN, that made a HUGE difference in the weight. I was out on my first ride with DH, so I was SUPER embarrassed to have made such a noob mistake. Fortunately he wasn't there to see when it happened and I had the bike back up when he came to see what was taking me so long.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM   #17
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexisReid View Post
Fortunately he wasn't there to see when it happened and I had the bike back up when he came to see what was taking me so long.
I bet he saw the whole thing from across the street, including your panic'd bike pick-up. He probably just decided to give your ego a break and so pretended he didn't see
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:18 AM   #18
LexisReid
ninjette.org member

Name: Alexis

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I bet he saw the whole thing from across the street, including your panic'd bike pick-up. He probably just decided to give your ego a break and so pretended he didn't see
LOL! Fortunately not. It was his fault anyway... if he hadn't gotten us lost, I would have never had to make that U-turn! He was in front of me, so he turned at the stop sign and went around the corner... came back when I was MIA after a minute or two.

As soon as he got back he said "You dropped it, huh?"