ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old January 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #1
hazelberg
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki 250R

100 miles in...

Well guys, I've owned my 06 250R for about two weeks now. I had no riding experience prior to my purchase. I've taken the bike out about three or four times and have rode about 100 miles so far. I had my first wreck today, taking a corner too slowly while hitting loose pavement on old tires. The incident was made worse because I was less than 25 ft. from my house and my girlfriend was right behind me to witness the whole event. Completely thrashed my right blinker and cut the fuel line. Need advice on how to fix both
hazelberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #2
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

no bueno.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Have you taken the MSF course?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #4
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Happy you weren't hurt, other than possible bruised left ego due to girlfriend seeing everything. However, cornering too slowly is not the cause of traction loss. It may be worth reviewing the accident or talking it out and see what you might be able to learn. First thing is never to blame road conditions or going too slow. Don't be too discouraged, though. Many people dump their bikes in slow speed (or even parked) accidents early after purchase. The important thing is to keep learning, and as Alex mentioned, get some good basic instruction to get you up to speed quicker.

For repairs, we have a very good index of DIY threads here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5586. You might also check for replacement parts at Bike Bandit or similar site, which has complete searchable OEM replacement parts. Super easy - you just input your year and bike model, then look through the diagrams for the part you need. The Bike Bandit link above will take you directly to the schematic for your bike.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 11:15 PM   #5
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

You'll never forget this incident and that will make you a better rider, and a safer rider too.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #6
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Glad you're ok. It sucks to read about riders going down.

You cut the fuel line and trashed the fuel line on the right side? Check with the microfiche on bikebandit or cheapcycleparts to make sure you're talking about the right thing, because the fuel line is on the left side...
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #7
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Sorry to hear you bit the dust man, we learn from our mistakes....well most people do.

I've run into a few "Oh S$%t" moments, and I analyze how that happened and how not to do it again. It's learning from our experiences that makes us better riders. So, fix your baby up and get riding, be proud that you weren't severely hurt.

Ride Safe man!!
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #8
cbdallas
ninjette.org guru

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R

I, too am curious how you destroyed the right blinker, and cut the fuel line, which is on the left side of the bike. Sorry for your spill. This is why I have such a hard time looking ahead in corners. I'm too concerned with what's right in front of my wheel that will potentially cause me to slide.
cbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 13th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #9
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

I found out the hard way that the "blinkers" are really a stem and light fixture, $50 per item so $100. Send me a p.m. as to which side and i'll send you a pair bro. If you aren't aware of counter-steering get on it and take the time to get used to it and continue until it's second nature (for me it was easy to do but took a year to do so on auto.) Allows you to power out of such situations. Happy Trails, let me know.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote