ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old January 13th, 2016, 03:50 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Jeremy Vine posts video of attempted motorbike theft

RADIO host Jeremy has uploaded this CCTV footage of an ‘attempt to steal motorbikes’ from outside his neighbour’s home in Chiswick, west London, at 5am.

The clip shows four riders pull up on two scooters before two of them begin removing the covers from three parked motorcycles.

The pillion passenger of the first scooter, wearing a high-vis jacket, pulls the cover off a motorcycle parked in a garden on the opposite side of the street. The rider does the same to two bikes parked in the road.

Having partially exposed each bike, the four then ride off again.

The riders of the second scooter don't dismount. They're on what appears to be a maxi scooter, possibly a Yamaha TMAX. The first vehicle is a smaller-capacity scooter.

BBC Radio 2 presenter Vine uploaded the clip on his YouTube channel yesterday and Tweeted: ‘Ten doors down from my house yesterday, at 5am, the most brazen attempt to steal motorbikes I've ever seen.’

He later added: ‘Amazing that we now have a situation in London where thieves wear HI-VIZ clothing.’

He told the Evening Standard: ‘What amazes me is just how brazen this is. They are in no rush at all.’
  • Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.
Related Content

Prolific London bike thieves jailed
Scooter pinball
Video: Bike cop busting drivers on mobile phones
DNA tests on trainer lead to thief's arrest
And the dumbest thieves award goes to...

Click here for full story...