Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old May 31st, 2014, 11:01 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Fitness!

Post up what you did today to be physically fit.

Running, weight lifting, gym class, cycling, dieting, anything that moves your body toward a more chiseled form carved from marble likened to the body of physical perfection.

Today I ran just over six miles on the beach. Tomorrow I'm doing a free-weight exercise routine consisting of three sets, increasing repetitions -- usually takes just under an hour if I push it hard. Can't push too hard because inadequate rest time = early fatigue and incapable of completing the routine.

Being in good physical shape is like having cheat-codes for life. Everything you do is easier. Absolutely everything, from pulling a chair away from the table to sit, to brushing your teeth, to lifting a glass to your face, to bounding up a flight of stairs, absolutely everything.

Fitness = living life with the 'god-mode' cheat code turned on.

Old May 31st, 2014, 11:21 PM   #2
Singh2jz

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

One hour of solo basketball all day errry day. Longer if there's a game going. I love sports..playing and watching.

Old May 31st, 2014, 11:35 PM   #3
corksil

Nice! Yeah, sports are more fun to watch when you actually play the game and understand the tactics, strategy, and what goes in the player's mind.

Nothing feels better than having a good workout and sitting down full of endorphins feeling mellow and relaxed watching a good game.

Old May 31st, 2014, 11:50 PM   #4
Singh2jz

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Nice! Yeah, sports are more fun to watch when you actually play the game and understand the tactics, strategy, and what goes in the player's mind.
Yea, dude. I refereed 5th graders to 8th graders and it was awesome! I need to go back lol.

Old June 1st, 2014, 12:03 AM   #5
corksil

Someone's gotta do it ^

Instilling values of hard work, training and exercise... that's hard. Especially when you're dealing with children.

Old June 1st, 2014, 04:44 AM   #6
Twitchy Stitch
I love lamp.

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja tooniftyAaaarrrr (250)

I pooped and dropped off about five pounds there. Chiseled form here I come!

Nah but seriously lol I go to the gym every day and run 5 miles to work when I feel like it.

Old June 1st, 2014, 06:31 PM   #7
corksil

Nice! Yeah I'm about to lift for the day. Drinking the night before always makes it extra strenuous. Was tempted to run a few miles to burn the toxins out before I lift, by my legs are dead from yesterday's six miles.

Anyone else?

Old June 1st, 2014, 06:43 PM   #8
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
slept in... Sat in church for close to an hour. Ate a large brunch, 2 waffles, 3 eggs, 2 of which were in 2 breakfast burritos, with hard salami, some ham onion and peppers. Ate some sausage to... delish!

was lazy for awhile, thought about taking a nap, ate a snack instead. Sandwich, hard salami, ham, cheese, it was good. At some pumpkin pie for snack as well with some vanilla ice cream cuz i had no cool whip. Ate something else for snack to, can't remember what though?

was lazy a bit more, couldn't wait for dinner so i had another snack, some cheese and grapes, some pasta salad, and a beer it was good.

FINALLY DINNER!! Had a hot dog, some more sausage, pasta salad, chicken tenders more pasta salad and sausage.

thats about all the exercise i did today, might still have a late night snack before i go to bed who knows, i'm whooped though all that hard work.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2014, 10:44 PM   #9
corksil

I see wut u did thr. ^^^

I had multivitamins for breakfast, cigarettes and gun powder smoke for brunch, redbull for lunch, then redbull snack. Then bought a huevos rancheros plate around 2, took one bite and my stomach turned (redbull and cigarettes? bad food?) so I threw out the whole uneaten plate.

Creatine in the evening, then more cigarettes, a beer, rode into town to buy more beer, and now I'm having beer for dinner, maybe a ramen for midnight snack.

Such is life. I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me.

But it's cool cuz I did a workout that 98% of the population is physically incapable of, and yesterday I ran 6 miles, ten the day before that, and lifted.. I am a beast.

But no one on this forum seems to be into fitness and maintaining a strict exercise regiment.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:31 AM   #10
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
I just think "gym exercise" is mostly a waste of time. You want to stay fit, and gain strength where it is actually usable? Find some hobbies/activates that require physical exertion and go do them. This way, you have fun, get exercise, and get better/gain skill at whatever this hobby/activity is.

^better than spending an hour in a gym every day IMO where you build muscle that you will most likely never put to use and that bulk muscle most likely inhibits normal day to day functions more than it helps. Doesn't make sense in my head? but what do I know.
Some people say they like the gym... I think it is a chore and annoying. People that go to the gym are people that like looking at themselves in the mirror, JMO.

Get a hobby, hell 2 or three go do them, get skills, get fit, have fun.

here is a list of things that are fun, and will build usable muscle and help you stay in shape all at the same time.

bicycling, road or mtn I prefer mtn. work them legs and gluts, save those knees and build some serious cardio
rock climbing, Think your strong you ain't got nothing on these guys? Those big pipes won't help you here.
boxing/martial arts, build muscle where you need it, get trim, get faster, and learn how to kick ass... count me in!
dirt bike riding (if you have a big enough bike and ride hard, its a serious work out, hang on for the ride)
snowboarding/skiing (I forget what they say but you burn serious calories snowboarding and you build leg & core strength and gain balance)
basketball, great exercise, work on hand eye coordination, and work on your trash talking skills all at the same time.
hockey, ice skating, balance, core and leg strength, and you can put them boxing skills to go use to.
surfing, anything involving water is exhausting... less driving a boat.
swimming - to exhausting.. ill pass
wake boarding/skiing, fairly broad work out, + balance skills
skateboarding - balance, legs, just don't break an ankle

the list goes on...

With all of those things mentioned for not one of them does it pay to be huge ripped in the arms and shoulders/chest legs whatever, there is a fine balance between to much bulk muscle and lean usable muscle. Gym muscles are good for lifting symmetrical balanced weights and standing in front of a mirror... JMO

edit: this story in the news just today
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/trai...t-cant-do-pull

if this kid is that good clearly you don't need the strength in that area to play the sport well so why develop it?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:51 AM   #11
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I run 3 miles 2 to 3 times a week.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:05 AM   #12
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

I commute mostly on my bicycle:

11 miles each way. I try to do at least 2-3 days/week. This week, I think I might actually bike all 5 days.

I also have a home gym for resistance training, and a stand-up heavy bag.
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 08:18 AM   #13
Snake

Awesome bike @Worldtraveller

Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:05 PM   #14
corksil

Yeah I hear all that. Different strokes for different pokes.

Me, being a vain and conceited narcissist, I enjoy being on the "large" size. However I don't exactly fit the mold that you have in mind. I don't own a mirror. I lift my freeweights out in the garage, I don't like the gym atmosphere. (Irritating to see all these nasty fat fVcks show up and treadmill trot for 20 minutes and then leave like it was some big deal...)

Content to lift heavy from home, without an audience, without some big deal made about it. Compound lifts, not just "bicep curl, tricep press" stuff... compound lifts that build multiple muscles at once. High repetitions w/lowish weights, to build lean muscle. (However when you build "lean muscle" it eventually peaks and plateaus, in which case you have to add more weight, which adds more mass, which makes you bigger.)

I think most "body builder" type physiques are somewhat false on a practical level. Sure, the muscles are huge, goddamn veins all over, bulky mass, looks like the hulk --- but it's 'false' because it's mostly water weight, the muscles aren't anything near "lean muscle mass" -- it's more of an act than practicality.

As for your list of activities! Yeah right on! Everyone should get more exercise, period. Regardless of who you are.

A few of the things on that list I can't really do conveniently, but most of them are in my rotation.

Another great reason to lift, run, exercise etc is the high. The runner's high is absolutely real and absolutely undeniable. Your body goes numb, the top of your head tingles, your mind goes blank.... Honestly if you could find that feeling in a pill, I'd just buy the pill. But none of the pills I've eaten thus far provide any comparable feeling so the quickest way to that feeling is extreme physical exertion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
I just think "gym exercise" is mostly a waste of time. You want to stay fit, and gain strength where it is actually usable? Find some hobbies/activates that require physical exertion and go do them. This way, you have fun, get exercise, and get better/gain skill at whatever this hobby/activity is.

^better than spending an hour in a gym every day IMO where you build muscle that you will most likely never put to use and that bulk muscle most likely inhibits normal day to day functions more than it helps. Doesn't make sense in my head? but what do I know.
Some people say they like the gym... I think it is a chore and annoying. People that go to the gym are people that like looking at themselves in the mirror, JMO.

here is a list of things that are fun, and will build usable muscle and help you stay in shape all at the same time.

bicycling, road or mtn I prefer mtn. work them legs and gluts, save those knees and build some serious cardio
rock climbing, Think your strong you ain't got nothing on these guys? Those big pipes won't help you here.
boxing/martial arts, build muscle where you need it, get trim, get faster, and learn how to kick ass... count me in!
dirt bike riding (if you have a big enough bike and ride hard, its a serious work out, hang on for the ride)
snowboarding/skiing (I forget what they say but you burn serious calories snowboarding and you build leg & core strength and gain balance)
basketball, great exercise, work on hand eye coordination, and work on your trash talking skills all at the same time.
hockey, ice skating, balance, core and leg strength, and you can put them boxing skills to go use to.

the list goes on...

With all of those things mentioned for not one of them does it pay to be huge ripped in the arms and shoulders/chest legs whatever, there is a fine balance between to much bulk muscle and lean usable muscle. Gym muscles are good for lifting symmetrical balanced weights and standing in front of a mirror... JMO

if this kid is that good clearly you don't need the strength in that area to play the sport well so why develop it?
"So maybe the 6-foot, 180 pound Bennett isn't exactly at the same level of fitness as Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara, who can reportedly do 31 pullups, but his on-ice skill is clear. And that's what matters most."

^^ Sounds like a skinny homo to me. I'll bet he can play hockey better than me, I'll bet that without a doubt. But once I figured out how to move around on skates, I'd catch him and smash him into the wall with the force of thor's hammer.

See, that's life. It's cruel. The strongest survive, the weak are trampled. I'd say that's the core reason why I like the strength I've built. There comes a point in life when a man finds himself in a room with no door. The only remaining option is to walk through a wall to get where he wants to be. Being a big mofo is having the strength to literally walk through walls.

Feels nice, people ask "can you help me move this furniture?" and you just say "please tell me where you want it and step out of my way" and then proceed to pick up a refrigerator, couch, gun-safe by yourself and move it like it's weightless. Life with god-mode enabled.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:09 PM   #15
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
I run 3 miles 2 to 3 times a week.
Hell yeah! Feels good, dudntit?

Feels damn good when you sit down after and you just feel mellow and relaxed, content.

That's what's great about exercise, the further you push it, the better you feel after, and the more benefit you get from the workout.

I urge you to push for a 4th mile next time you run... maybe a 5th.

People severely underestimate their potential and what their personal "best" is. Maybe run 3, then sit down and let your heart rate return to normal for a few minutes, then get up and jog another mile.

Sometimes I do that, and then I do another. And another. And another. and it blows my mind because I just can't seem to stop. Goddamn energizer bunny inside me or something.. but then your legs hurt the next day but that's not the end of the world.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:13 PM   #16
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
I commute mostly on my bicycle:

11 miles each way. I try to do at least 2-3 days/week. This week, I think I might actually bike all 5 days.

I also have a home gym for resistance training, and a stand-up heavy bag.
Interesting machine you have there. What's wrong with a 'normal' style of bike. Is that one more comfortable to ride? Just curious...

Good work! Keep it up dude, it's hard to explain but you never feel like working out. You NEVER feel like "oh yay, time to bike 11 miles..." but you get on the bike and you start pedaling and before you know it you're there and you feel damn good and wonder why you weren't looking forward to the ride in the first place because you feel so good now. (And it's funny because that's how it goes almost every single time...)

I look at fitness as a habit, a personal value, a mental conviction. Something I simply do. There is no "want to" or "don't want to" --- just something that I do. Like taking a shower, or brushing your teeth. You wake up in the morning and you brush your teeth, period. You don't think "I don't feel like it" or "I'll brush my teeth tomorrow, I'm too tired/late/etc."

Just something you do. You eat to survive, you shower to stay clean, you work to afford housing/life, and you maintain fitness routines to stay in shape.

Keep up the good work brah!

Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:16 PM   #17
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:

See, that's life. It's cruel. The strongest survive, the weak are trampled. I'd say that's the core reason why I like the strength I've built. There comes a point in life when a man finds himself in a room with no door. The only remaining option is to walk through a wall to get where he wants to be. Being a big mofo is having the strength to literally walk through walls.

Feels nice, people ask "can you help me move this furniture?" and you just say "please tell me where you want it and step out of my way" and then proceed to pick up a refrigerator, couch, gun-safe by yourself and move it like it's weightless. Life with god-mode enabled.
Or you could use your brain and realize that the room is full of things, things you can use, things that you can use to get out, no sense in being I dimensional, makes for a weak opponent

move furniture... its funny you bring that up because that is part of one of my disses on weight lifting. I always say, "but its great if you want to be a professional mover, and that's setting the bar high "

Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:19 PM   #18
corksil

I will now give you all the munchies.

Bonus!

Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:24 PM   #19
corksil

Quote:
Or you could use your brain and realize that the room is full of things, things you can use, things that you can use to get out, no sense in being I dimensional, makes for a weak opponent

move furniture... its funny you bring that up because that is part of one of my disses on weight lifting. I always say, "but its great if you want to be a professional mover, and that's setting the bar high "
Hey it's not my fault that the typical size-obsessed body builder seems to be of very low intelligence on par with that of a gorilla. They set the precedent, they set the bar, they set the stereotype. Just keep in mind that not all of us "large" peeps are of extremely low intelligence.

Doesn't really matter which way you look at it, being strong is like a +1 for everything else in life. But lets not have this debate again.

Being physically fit of the body is like being intelligent of the mind -- it just makes life easier.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 12:29 PM   #20
corksil

Looket thees dang apes leapin around like they aint got none fvcks to give...

Excuse me while I jump over a car.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 03:10 PM   #21
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Interesting machine you have there. What's wrong with a 'normal' style of bike. Is that one more comfortable to ride? Just curious...

Good work! Keep it up dude, it's hard to explain but you never feel like working out. You NEVER feel like "oh yay, time to bike 11 miles..." but you get on the bike and you start pedaling and before you know it you're there and you feel damn good and wonder why you weren't looking forward to the ride in the first place because you feel so good now. (And it's funny because that's how it goes almost every single time...)
I call it my rolling lazyboy. It's way more comfortable on long rides, and as I get older, I still want to keep riding, but parts of the body start wearing out.

I also keep up with my martial arts, although I haven't formally trained much in the last few years, just work out on my own with the heavy bag and my forms.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 03:11 PM   #22
Snake

Quote:
Hell yeah! Feels good, dudntit?

Feels damn good when you sit down after and you just feel mellow and relaxed, content.

That's what's great about exercise, the further you push it, the better you feel after, and the more benefit you get from the workout.

I urge you to push for a 4th mile next time you run... maybe a 5th.

People severely underestimate their potential and what their personal "best" is. Maybe run 3, then sit down and let your heart rate return to normal for a few minutes, then get up and jog another mile.

Sometimes I do that, and then I do another. And another. And another. and it blows my mind because I just can't seem to stop. Goddamn energizer bunny inside me or something.. but then your legs hurt the next day but that's not the end of the world.
Oh yea! I love it when those endorphins are kicking in after a run. The best natural high you can get.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 04:49 PM   #23
corksil

@ traveller... Hell yeah. What martial art do you practice? I was formally trained in tang soo do but I don't do any formal training these days. At one point I taught a class of teenagers.. that was a pain. I got pretty far with the forms, some of them were getting up past 200 motions and a little hard to remember..

@ snake.. hell yeah that rush is incomparable.

I think I'll go for a run again today.

Old June 2nd, 2014, 06:55 PM   #24
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
I rode 13 miles around Jekyll Island. Tomorrow is a long run on the beach! I love vacation!

Normally I go to the gym 3-4 times per week and love it..weights, cardio workout classes, etc are my typical activities.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 07:08 PM   #25
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I've relied on cycling for far too much. My core has weakened.

My back is strong, my abs are crazy weak.

I've started a month ab challenge (which I will include some back exercises as well).
Here the routine my wife and I will be doing:

FYI: I may or may not follow this routine....it seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking about just making myself hit a plateau with day 19's numbers, then holding that for the rest of the month.

week# / situps / crunches / leg raises / plank
01/15/5/5/10
02/20/8/8/12
03/25/10/10/15
-----04/rest
05/30/12/12/20
06/35/15/15/25
07/40/20/20/30
-----08/rest
09/45/30/30/38
10/50/50/30/38
11/55/65/33/42
-----12/rest
13/60/75/40/50
14/65/85/42/55
15/70/95/42/60
-----16/rest
17/75/100/42/65
18/80/110/48/70
19/85/120/50/75
-----20/rest
21/90/130/52/80
22/95/140/55/85
23/100/150/58/90
-----24/rest
25/105/160/60/95
26/110/170/60/100
27/115/180/62/110
-----28/rest
29/120/190/62/115
30/125/200/65/120

That is a lot of ab work!

I did day 2 today, obviously.

EDIT:
I will also do some upper body, back, maybe burpees, and possibly jump rope as well. Oh, and cycling of course!

I miss my old self. Time to get it back.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2014, 10:29 PM   #26
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
I rode 13 miles around Jekyll Island. Tomorrow is a long run on the beach! I love vacation!

Normally I go to the gym 3-4 times per week and love it..weights, cardio workout classes, etc are my typical activities.
Sweet! People who respect their bodies respect themselves much more, and in turn, respect others commensurately.

Keep it UP!

Remember, if you ever feel lazy and unmotivated, a gym buddy is a great tool for keeping yourself accountable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I've relied on cycling for far too much. My core has weakened.

My back is strong, my abs are crazy weak.

I've started a month ab challenge (which I will include some back exercises as well).
Here the routine my wife and I will be doing:

FYI: I may or may not follow this routine....it seems a bit excessive. I'm thinking about just making myself hit a plateau with day 19's numbers, then holding that for the rest of the month.

week# / situps / crunches / leg raises / plank
01/15/5/5/10
02/20/8/8/12
03/25/10/10/15
-----04/rest
05/30/12/12/20
06/35/15/15/25
07/40/20/20/30
-----08/rest
09/45/30/30/38
10/50/50/30/38
11/55/65/33/42
-----12/rest
13/60/75/40/50
14/65/85/42/55
15/70/95/42/60
-----16/rest
17/75/100/42/65
18/80/110/48/70
19/85/120/50/75
-----20/rest
21/90/130/52/80
22/95/140/55/85
23/100/150/58/90
-----24/rest
25/105/160/60/95
26/110/170/60/100
27/115/180/62/110
-----28/rest
29/120/190/62/115
30/125/200/65/120

That is a lot of ab work!

I did day 2 today, obviously.

EDIT:
I will also do some upper body, back, maybe burpees, and possibly jump rope as well. Oh, and cycling of course!

I miss my old self. Time to get it back.
HELL YEAH!

I hear that, doing one exercise exclusively will have you waking up on day and performing a task only to feel oddly exhausted for no good reason afterward.

Definitely gotta mix things up, but you know what you're doing.

One of the most depressing things in life is looking in the mirror and thinking "damn, what happened to that body I had..."

I couldn't do anything or get out of bed for a week recently due to a medical issue, I lost 7lbs of muscle and almost cried when I caught my reflection in a car window once I was up and moving again.

The gains vanish instantly if you have a quick metabolism and it's damn hard to keep the mass if you don't remember to eat lots.

Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:20 PM   #27
corksil

Anyone else? Today I lifted heavy and took my multi... fish oil, glucosamine, coq10, b-complex, and that creatine steroid.

Tomorrow is cardio day again... gonna run my ten miles and try to do some compound upper body lifts.

Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:35 PM   #28
Snake

Quote:
Anyone else? Today I lifted heavy and took my multi... fish oil, glucosamine, coq10, b-complex, and that creatine steroid.

Tomorrow is cardio day again... gonna run my ten miles and try to do some compound upper body lifts.
I have never tried CoQ10. Is it as good as they say it is?

Old June 4th, 2014, 02:02 PM   #29
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:

the list goes on...

The gym is a hobby, I don't go to build myself to the size of a brick shithouse, I used be built like that, but do functional stuff like kettlebells, TRX & bodyweight work.

**** when I was a gunner I had to wear 36" trousers (I've a 32" waist) just to fit my legs in. I could leg press 245kg (540 lbs, ~3x bodyweight) on a sled type leg press & lift a field gun that weighed the same as an M5 BMW to it's point of balance or push it around once balanced. Carrying 100lb ammo crates was another regular occurrence, feeding 35lb bombs into a heavy mortar with it's barrel above head height took strength & stamina.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #30
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
@ traveller... Hell yeah. What martial art do you practice? I was formally trained in tang soo do but I don't do any formal training these days. At one point I taught a class of teenagers.. that was a pain. I got pretty far with the forms, some of them were getting up past 200 motions and a little hard to remember..
Started in Go jin ryu Okinawan Karate when I lived in Okinawa (3 years), and also studied kendo/kenjitsu there.

When I got back to the states, I did Manchurian kempo for about 4 years. Extremely varied martial style, much like jujitsu, with grappling, throws, strikes, and some weapons. Got back into it in the 90s with tae kwon do, and did get my black belt in that in 2001. I did a lot of teaching, and was actually co-instructor a good part of that time. I wouldn't mind doing that again, but for now, I just work out on the heavy bag.

Old June 4th, 2014, 05:03 PM   #31
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I used to really enjoy the gym. The free weights were right behind the treadmills.

It was a part of my routine and I enjoyed it (for more than just the view).

I prefer the bike on the road or trail over a gym. Just love being outside too much.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #32
Snake

Quote:
This question goes out to anyone that has tried this supplement.
My energy levels have been kinda low lately. I need a boost. HHmm... a legal one.

Old June 4th, 2014, 06:26 PM   #33
corksil

Quote:
I don't really notice any difference as I take it every morning with my other sups, but someone close had a heart attack and I see it as a preventative measure to my partially self destructive diet of animal-fats etc.

Every _body_ is different, some can eat bacon and eggs erry dang day for 80 years, others develop HBP and bad cholesterol numbers. Seemingly I have won the genetic lottery as I can eat w/e I please and with the work I put in, my body remains unchanged.

coq10 is cheap insurance.

Old June 4th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #34
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
The gym is a hobby, I don't go to build myself to the size of a brick shithouse, I used be built like that, but do functional stuff like kettlebells, TRX & bodyweight work.

**** when I was a gunner I had to wear 36" trousers (I've a 32" waist) just to fit my legs in. I could leg press 245kg (540 lbs, ~3x bodyweight) on a sled type leg press & lift a field gun that weighed the same as an M5 BMW to it's point of balance or push it around once balanced. Carrying 100lb ammo crates was another regular occurrence, feeding 35lb bombs into a heavy mortar with it's barrel above head height took strength & stamina.
This guy knows what I'm on about.

You build a body that compliments your lifestyle.

If all you do is shuffle papers and your 'heavy workout' is running 50ft to catch a bus... it doesn't make as much sense to build a strong body as if you load logs into a wood chipper, team-lift massive crap, or have to perform lots of heavy lifting or strenuous stamina type production.

When you get bigger, everything else gets lighter. (Yeah go ahead tell me that's not true, but there's truth in it if you overlook the lack of logic.)

Old June 4th, 2014, 06:32 PM   #35
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
Started in Go jin ryu Okinawan Karate when I lived in Okinawa (3 years), and also studied kendo/kenjitsu there.

When I got back to the states, I did Manchurian kempo for about 4 years. Extremely varied martial style, much like jujitsu, with grappling, throws, strikes, and some weapons. Got back into it in the 90s with tae kwon do, and did get my black belt in that in 2001. I did a lot of teaching, and was actually co-instructor a good part of that time. I wouldn't mind doing that again, but for now, I just work out on the heavy bag.
As long as you're doing something, that's what matters. I'm off for a run in a bit..

Sounds like you would be a pretty dangerous fellow to tangle with. I always liked the meditational aspect of the arts, seems to clear the mind and steady the will -- brings about a mental clarity, not to mention an air of "If you act in ways that displease me, I am capable of bashing you until you see things from my perspective" >.<

(Come to the dark side, it's better over here... I promise.)

Old June 4th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #36
corksil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I used to really enjoy the gym. The free weights were right behind the treadmills.

It was a part of my routine and I enjoyed it (for more than just the view).

I prefer the bike on the road or trail over a gym. Just love being outside too much.
I hear that! I lift outside under a tent in the woods. It's nice to be in nature, very nice indeed.

Then again you could always be one of the ones in the gym who shows up with headphones and a thousand yard stare who says nothing to no one and is paying 100% attention to the workout at hand.

Keep up the good work, all of you!

Old June 4th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #37
corksil

Quote:
This question goes out to anyone that has tried this supplement.
My energy levels have been kinda low lately. I need a boost. HHmm... a legal one.
Unless I'm mistaken, fish oil is cheaper.

When I started taking it I noticed a slight boost in mood and outlook (lol, slight) -- and a clearer mind. I felt less mentally cluttered. I could think more clearly it seemed.

There's all kinds of "magic pill" supplements out there, don't believe the hype. Do the research, study the science of nutrition, examine your diet, and then try things. Supplements are cheap.. I'm talking about calcium/magnesium, b-complex, fish oil, glucosamine (good for the joints), but watchout when you start taking stuff with flashy labels and infomercials and "___celebrity takes this supplement!"

And after all of my research, cocaine will give the best "boost", meth for the extended "boost" (stay out of psychosis), opiates for the mellowing sleepy happy, cannabis for confused lack of productivity, benzos for the IDGAF attitude, alcohol for self-confidence and pain relief...

Not advocating you go for the stronger stuff, but hey cut to the chase and skip the snake oil. >.<

Old June 4th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #38
corksil

And w/e you do, stay off the antidepressants and the SSRIs... they will wreck you quicker than you can say "Uhhhh, I'm not sure what the problem was anymore.." And I don't mean in a good way. Zombiemode 24/7. Talk about apathy.

Here's an example for b-vitamins. I have a contact who has a mother, aged 80+. At that age, your stomach doesn't absorb b-vitamins as well as it used to, especially after stomach cancers etc... Long story short, this person plays cards with their elderly mother. Once a month she goes in for a b-vitamin injection, which slowly wears off as the month passes. The elderly woman is very sharp after the injection, she is unbeatable at cards, 15 days later, she's degraded to 50/50 mental capacity (card-playing-performance), 20 days later, she makes stupid mistakes with the cards and loses frequently, by the time the month is up, she forgets everything, can never win, and always loses her stuff all over the place.

b-vitamins ftw... b6 replenishes nutrients lost during alcohol metabolism (Read, consumption) and b12 replenishes nutrients lost during metabolism of psychedelics (and many other mind adulterants.)

Old June 4th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #39
Snake

Thanks for the info @corksil

Old June 4th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #40
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I lift all sorts of stuff everyday, I run all over, and on an on... But hey check out my beer gut
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote