Notices

Old March 16th, 2020, 07:03 AM   #41
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): GSXR 750, GSXR 600, Ninja 400, Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
Just remember, motorcycling with all the gear on will prevent you from getting it.
1 - you are more than 6 ft apart
2 - full face helmets will prevent spread of droplets (ever sneeze in your helmet, it stays on the visor)
3 - leather gloves prevent you from touching gas pumps with bare hands (don't remove gloves with teeth)
4 - twisty fast roads - out run it!

Disclaimer - I made all of this up, there is no data. Test at your own risk. Ride safe and ride often to enjoy life more.
🤣🤣🤣...... I like the way you think and agree 100%!
JFMNINJA400 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old March 16th, 2020, 07:47 AM   #42
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
CA governor ordered all bars to close. Boo!

Looking at completely wrong areas. What about buses, ferries, or trains/subways? Sanitation has never been very good on those to begin with.

what did you expect? when has govt ever done the right thing??
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2020, 08:33 AM   #43
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gantt View Post
what did you expect? when has govt ever done the right thing??
Sure, for certain special groups of their buddies, govnt's done right. But yeah, for the masses, they get fleeced no matter what.

I suspect this is just a trial-run and testing to gather data. Something big's on horizon...
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2020, 02:26 PM   #44
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:

I suspect this is just a trial-run and testing to gather data. Something big's on horizon...
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2020, 03:20 PM   #45
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I bet we see more severe curfews, heavily incentivized immunizations, etc. as time rolls on.

There's scary rumors coming out of China about actual severity and death count vs what the Chinese government told the world. Even if the truth is somewhere in the middle (like it always is), we're in for a really aggressive spread of this thing.

I personally am working from home as of today at lunch time when we all got sent home, but in the mean time, I'll continue to do things like bike, get groceries, work on cars, etc. until either:
1) I get it and have to take some sick time or
2) we get the all clear and can go back to drinking beer out in public and spreading germs for fun.

Either way, I'm really glad I live in a forest and can successfully avoid all but a handful of people when I want to be a hermit. It lets me get away from things when I want to. Also... working from home presents a unique opportunity for mid day rides

Side note: if there's ever a vaccine, I wonder how anti-vaxxer parents will react.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2020, 03:30 PM   #46
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Link to original page on YouTube.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2020, 05:37 PM   #47
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
People in my so-Cal suburb are acting relatively ok. They're panic-buying, and dumb stuff at that, but they're all polite about it. I'm expecting husband to be working from home soon, though he went in to the office today.

Raining, haven't had the bike out in 3 weeks. Withdrawal! I need bike time!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2020, 08:38 PM   #48
Snake

Amen sista to the return of sunshine! It has been raining at least one day a week for the last 2 months.

Old March 17th, 2020, 07:46 AM   #49
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Golds gym by me has closed for at least 2 weeks or more. I will have to find another way to work out. The GYM keeps me sane during the winter months.
This is the most riding I have done during the winter ever! I have been able to go out on one of my bikes at least once a week!

Bad news is track/race season is in jeopardy. 1st race/track day is/maybe 4/4 at NCBIKE. I am bracing myself for the bad news any day now.😢

Old March 17th, 2020, 09:58 AM   #50
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

while most jobs are slowing or stopping entirely, my job has gotten busier. with more shipments moving on the roads to restock shelves the tracking industry is feeling pretty good for now. depending how long this all lasts, i am sure it will slow down once people stop having money to spend on stuff at the store.

Old March 17th, 2020, 10:30 AM   #51
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

About 30000 U.S. troops just landed in Europe.
Without face-masks...
I don't think military is that stooopid, so their commanders & higher-ups must know something...

Old March 17th, 2020, 11:14 AM   #52
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
During past 3-months, death toll in U.S.:

97 - coronavirus
+10,000 - common cold/flu

Many people getting over coronavirus reports it's just like any other flu. Of course, if you're old or have compromised immune system from other illness, one additional infection might just do you in. But that could be anything. George Washington died of common cold/flu.

Media's been directed to drive up fear and paranoia levels. I suspect it's to make what's coming down road easier to push through legislation:

- vaccinations of entire populace
- chip-implants
- cashless banking system

Makes it easier for Global Bankers to further their goals. Recommended reading on our monetary system, "Creature from Jekyll Island".

Old March 17th, 2020, 03:52 PM   #53
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I hesitate to share much here, but I'll make an exception for this video.
That's a good little speech.

It's summarizing this chart I see from a few people with the same concept:

I enjoyed this Podcast from Joe Rogan. His guest was Michael Osterholm, one of the worlds best recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. If you want the lowest BS input on the subject without any political agenda, scare mongering or downplaying of severity, this is the one to listen to. Long but worth it.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Quote:
For those worried about there 401K’s, it's like the virus and your face........ don’t touch it!
Regarding the 401K, I'd add to that by saying don't look at it either. It's gonna make you sad. Holy moly I lost a big chunk of change. Worse than 2008. If it drops more I'm going to be -6 digits. Would have been good if I could have moved some to bonds 3 weeks ago. Nothing to do now but ride it out.

There's got to be a joke in there about looking at my face also.

Old March 17th, 2020, 10:42 PM   #54
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
The media didn't shut down China, Italy, Norway, Spain, most of Europe, or the U.S. The media didn't cancel tens of thousands of flights. The media didn't infect more than a hundred thousand people in dozens of countries in one month. The media didn't tell you to buy toilet paper.

The media said wash your damned hands.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2020, 10:59 PM   #55
DannoXYZ

Media reports completely erroneous “facts” fed to them by their handlers. About 97% of media companies are owned by 7 most powerful families. Where do the masses get their information that’s causing them to panic? If anything, govrnt policies have been in response to panicking masses.

I was in Hong Kong in early January for 3-weeks and there was mass hysteria well before any government actions. Same panic buying of cocooning goods.

While everyone’s got their heads in sand over couple cases of new flu like any other year, government is sneaking through anti-Constitutional regulations taking away more of our rights and freedom. ISPs and site-hosts should be very concerned about this: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/0...message-online

After collapse of economy and banking system, we’ll have new order with ever more control of our daily lives.

Anyway, Isreal already has vaccine. It will just cost us dearly in tax-payer’s money.

Background on flu deaths:
https://www.health.com/condition/col...flu-every-year
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/past-seasons.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art.../#!po=0.500000

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 18th, 2020, 05:09 AM   #56
DannoXYZ

Responsible reporting is out door with media quoting shills claiming “millions will die” without any proof of any kind. Part of issue is stats can’t be confirmed until afterwards. Also many who get infected and recover aren’t counted, thus making fatally rates look worse in moment.

Going back to Nov.1 when CDC considers start of yearly flu season in U.S.:

116 deaths from CoVid-19
22000 deaths from regular common cold/flu

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/#S3

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; March 21st, 2020 at 08:32 AM.

Old March 18th, 2020, 09:00 AM   #57
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
To many executive orders, what are the limits of our local governments? How can they close gyms, bowling alleys, etc.? The gym will keep you healthy, just wash your hands and wipe down equipment before/after use.
The only thing not closed is the range (weapon), but some are outdoor.

In Ohio they are writing orders left and right without and consideration of what the people want. All the waitresses, adult entertainment, and self employed will receive $0, without proof of income. Unemployment doesn't pay health insurance or 100% of wages. The cap for a single person is 480 a week. Normally that is good, unless your normal income is 2000 a week.
I am waiting on Marshall law.

Old March 18th, 2020, 11:53 AM   #58
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
1st race/track day
Not to be a dick, but which one is it?

Track days aren't races.

Old March 18th, 2020, 01:32 PM   #59
DannoXYZ

One track-day in CA on my calendar has been cancelled.
AFM racing season appears to be intact at moment.

Old March 18th, 2020, 02:03 PM   #60
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj13 View Post
The media didn't shut down China, Italy, Norway, Spain, most of Europe, or the U.S. The media didn't cancel tens of thousands of flights. The media didn't infect more than a hundred thousand people in dozens of countries in one month. The media didn't tell you to buy toilet paper.

The media said wash your damned hands.
Washing your hands doesn't stop the virus. It's largely a placebo to make people feel like they are doing something. It's one of the things the media is wrong about and people/media need to stop repeating this like it means something. The virus isn't spread on hands. It's spread in air.

Michael Osterholm, via Men's Health Article:
Quote:
The other huge thing is, of course, hand washing, which can help protect people from all kinds of germs, but has no direct link to stopping the spread of coronavirus.

"I think the primary thing about hand washing is legitimate," he says. "People want to feel like they're doing something, so we tell them 'wash your hands often to prevent this disease', but I feel we're not being very honest with people. The data is really just about breathing air, which we can't stop. So keep doing the hand washing, but don't think it's going to stop the disease."

Old March 18th, 2020, 03:35 PM   #61
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I mean... I'm going to keep washing my hands. The sudden attention on hand washing (and the way that Purell and soap flew off the shelves...) was a really good reminder that people apparently don't wash their hands on a regular basis. hahahaha.

Old March 18th, 2020, 04:53 PM   #62
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Washing your hands doesn't stop the virus. It's largely a placebo to make people feel like they are doing something. It's one of the things the media is wrong about and people/media need to stop repeating this like it means something. The virus isn't spread on hands. It's spread in air.

Michael Osterholm, via Men's Health Article:
"It is worth noting that, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, touching a surface or object with the virus and then touching one's own face "is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads". Even so, the CDC, the World Health Organization and others health authorities, have emphasised that both washing one's hands and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily are key in preventing Covid-19's spread. So although we still don't know exactly how many cases are being caused directly by contaminated surfaces, experts advise exercising caution."

"But the NIH study found that the SARS-CoV-2 virus survives for longer on cardboard – up to 24 hours – and up to 2-3 days on plastic and stainless-steel surfaces. "

updated BBC article from today.

So, while airborne droplets are the main mode of transmission for this virus, it's still a good idea to wash your hands frequently to prevent spread to yourself (by rubbing eyes, picking nose, you get the idea). You have no clue if you have touched a surface that infected droplets have come to rest on, it's not like it throws up a sign saying "I GOT YA!"

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2020, 04:59 PM   #63
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
So, while airborne droplets are the main mode of transmission for this virus, it's still a good idea to wash your hands frequently to prevent spread to yourself (by rubbing eyes, picking nose, you get the idea). You have no clue if you have touched a surface that infected droplets have come to rest on, it's not like it throws up a sign saying "I GOT YA!"
Certainly can't hurt, eh? I'm not sure about virus, but with bacteria, friction from rubbing hands kills them in addition to soap.

Preventing those airborne droplets from getting into air when coughing and sneezing is 1st step. When I was in Hong Kong & Viet Nam, face-masks were given away everywhere for free, hotels, restaurants, cabs, malls, stores, etc. Anywhere, you went they were giving them out.

Old March 18th, 2020, 05:03 PM   #64
DannoXYZ

Like with '30s depression, populace under distress do odd things. One of them is cleaning. I guess so you're feeling like you're doing something and have some kind of control over your life. A lot of unemployed people bathed, dressed up and left house like going to work. Then spend time in movie-theatres. Recent run on toilet-paper and cleaning-supplies seems to be along similar lines.

I have bidet, so toilet-paper supply lasts forever. Have generator all filled up. Year's worth of rice, pasta & beans stored up (gotta learn something from those damn VC tunnels). Cisterns of water under house filled. Damn Walmart was all out of ammo though.

I find it disturbing that baby and pet foods were untouched at stores! Are you not going to feed your baby and pets when hunkered down? Also gravy-mixes and seasonings were not picked up. When you've got meats going bad, that's best way to make them palatable!

My friend who works for Swift said truck-shipments were canceled weeks ago. Farm pick-ups and deliveries were stopped long before run on stores. Now tonnes of empty trucks sitting at stops and along Hwy-5 just waiting for work. Supplies are there, just not getting to retailers.

Old March 18th, 2020, 05:38 PM   #65
Snake

Today the big 3 automakers closed down the assembly Kant’s for the next two weeks. I have not heard if the furloughed employees will get paid or not.

Old March 18th, 2020, 07:14 PM   #66
JFMNINJA400
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Not to be a dick, but which one is it?

Track days aren't races.
Both, lol. Let me explain, EvolveGT is running the track day, and they have their own race series called MotoGladiator. Which they run during the track day after lunch, during the track day. They have a series for the “little” bikes, 500cc or less. Middleweight class for the 600cc and heavyweight for the 750 and 1000cc. They usually have 1 or 2 races at certain track days.

I started racing the 400 the end of last season with them. I may try my 600 or 750 in the bigger bike series.

If we have a SEASON!

Old March 18th, 2020, 11:04 PM   #67
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Getting weirder here...

All bars and restaurants closed. Noonish, went to visit a 75 year old friend, had a Heineken, discussed weirdness. An hour later, had a different mid 70's friend come over to my house for an OBDII 2 car check (and a beer (Bud) on the west patio) . After that, a different good friend who recently retired came over to pick up our co-owned pressure washer (2 more Buds each, in sunshine, on west patio).

Then flight attendant daughter and coworker came over to sponge a meal (which is ok): both had been sent this morning on overnight trips to Canada (Vancouver and Edmonton), both were not allowed to get off plane by Canadian customs... Both planes returned empty almost immediately to SeaTac. A glass or two of wine for all...

So much for quarantining.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2020, 02:36 AM   #68
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Like with '30s depression, populace under distress do odd things. One of them is cleaning. I guess so you're feeling like you're doing something and have some kind of control over your life. A lot of unemployed people bathed, dressed up and left house like going to work. Then spend time in movie-theatres. Recent run on toilet-paper and cleaning-supplies seems to be along similar lines.

I have bidet, so toilet-paper supply lasts forever. Have generator all filled up. Year's worth of rice, pasta & beans stored up (gotta learn something from those damn VC tunnels). Cisterns of water under house filled. Damn Walmart was all out of ammo though.

I find it disturbing that baby and pet foods were untouched at stores! Are you not going to feed your baby and pets when hunkered down? Also gravy-mixes and seasonings were not picked up. When you've got meats going bad, that's best way to make them palatable!

My friend who works for Swift said truck-shipments were canceled weeks ago. Farm pick-ups and deliveries were stopped long before run on stores. Now tonnes of empty trucks sitting at stops and along Hwy-5 just waiting for work. Supplies are there, just not getting to retailers.
My family has a store of food, supplies, and ammunition. We keep a supply up to date, have for years now. Dog food and cat food included.

I work at a heavy diesel shop and we have seen an influx of over the road rigs in for repairs. Trucks are moving the same as always.

Old March 19th, 2020, 01:13 PM   #69
Snake

New York is looking at releasing prisoners due to overcrowding and no way to separate prisoners.

Old March 19th, 2020, 01:46 PM   #70
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
New York is looking at releasing prisoners due to overcrowding and no way to separate prisoners.
So, time for crime to go up....

Old March 19th, 2020, 03:23 PM   #71
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Ohio has been doing it for a few days now. Just what we need....

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2020, 03:56 PM   #72
DannoXYZ

So get this... went to Safeway for groceries and they've wrapped up self-service buik-foods cabinet. No big deal. BUT... none of employees were wearing face-masks! I asked and they said corporate has forbidden them to wear masks because, "It looks scary."

Given that this is airbourne pathogen, 1st and 2nd best line of defence is face-masks for both infected person and everyone around them! Korea's and Germany’s amazing results at containing this was isolation and face-masks for everyone! We saw 1st-hand Hong Kong and Viet Nam giving face-masks out for free everywhere!

Our leadership at national, local and corporate levels have really dropped ball on this one. There's parallel with exposing workers to undue risk of smokers; which is why it's no longer allowed in restaurants. Why are they exposing workers and the public to covid-19 unnecessarily!?

I invite you to boycott any business/retailer that doesn't require their employees to wear face-masks (and provides them). For yours and your family's personal safety.

So Mr. Robert Gerald Miller and his board finds this scary!?!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; March 19th, 2020 at 09:38 PM.

Old March 19th, 2020, 09:30 PM   #73
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
Ohio has been doing it for a few days now. Just what we need....
I have huge bucket of empty shell-casings I've been putting off for while. Guess it's time to reload them...

Old March 19th, 2020, 10:28 PM   #74
DannoXYZ

I think this guy is credible:
https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/ch.../levitt/facts/

He's accurately predicted development of virus and its effects. While there are multiple sources that have reported his information, I think it's his actual message that's important, regardless of source.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nobel...om-coronavirus

One takeaway is that fatality-rates are not accurate simply due to not being able to gather data on total number of infections. Looking at reports from those who've gotten over it, symptoms are not any different than regular common cold/flu. So we may never know total numbers infected with this specific virus.

Examining rate-of-change of death-rate (derivative function) gives better indicator. Difference between distance vs. speed vs. acceleration. Similarly, total deaths vs death-rate vs death-rate increase/decrease.

Old March 20th, 2020, 08:13 AM   #75
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Predictions are fun, they can even be useful. Misrepresenting what has already happened is less fun, and can be dangerous, and that article appears to. Italy already has more deaths due to this than any other country in the world, including China. It is continuing to accelerate, not slow down in the past few days, regardless of when this was written for that paper. Use the same Johns Hopkins data that was quoted there - there are already an additional 1000 deaths since that was printed. (EDIT2: Italy just announced 627 deaths on Friday, up from 427 the prior day, now up over 4,000) A slightly more usable website is right up here, but you can always compare the numbers with Johns Hopkins to verify over time. Johns Hopkins appears to split out only the US by state by default, while defaulting the rest as countries, I imagine because they were asked to. (EDIT: if you click on US on the left side of that page, it does show totals for US and then for each individual state). Yesterday, US just crossed 100 deaths. Today, we crossed over 200. If we check back in 10 days, I think it's most likely we will consider those numbers very small.

I agree with some of your points, calculating a mortality rate can vary based on the unknown denominator of cases if the symptoms are such that many are unreported - but extrapolating it from the curve of the death rate alone has been more than enough to frighten governments all over the world. Our capability to change the death rate is also partially separate from the academic lethality of the disease itself - once it hits the threshold where medical care needs to be throttled due to capacity, it will clearly be higher than it would have been otherwise. Lack of preparedness in the governmental and healthcare space coupled with populations not actively and successfully slowing the transmission rate will kill people that wouldn't have died otherwise.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old March 20th, 2020, 08:55 AM   #76
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Pennsylvania to close all "non life sustaining businesses"

Things gonna get real interesting in a couple weeks.

No chance kids go back to school next week, let alone this year i feel.

Feeling grateful the wifey has an understanding job with decent benefits that allows her to work from home.

This is really going to hurt lots of people, lots of people that have jobs with next to no benefits. Hard to say where all this is headed but imagine it's going to get significantly worse before things start to get better.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2020, 09:05 AM   #77
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Pennsylvania to close all "non life sustaining businesses"

Things gonna get real interesting in a couple weeks.

No chance kids go back to school next week, let alone this year i feel.

Feeling grateful the wifey has an understanding job with decent benefits that allows her to work from home.

This is really going to hurt lots of people, lots of people that have jobs with next to no benefits. Hard to say where all this is headed but imagine it's going to get significantly worse before things start to get better.
ive stocked up on a few items, for me to stock up more is rare. i am an even keel fellow and already have a good amount stored because you never know what may happen.
bought a few bags of dog and cat food and pulled cash from the bank in small bills in case i need to go cash only. we may start seeing stores closing around here. Broadway is silent today, and we have a paper mill plus many other industrial sites along this route. normally see at least 50% of traffic being commercial trucks. and it looks like Sunday out there now. our yard is getting empty as we fix trucks with not many coming in broken down to replace them.

Old March 20th, 2020, 09:39 AM   #78
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
We live in a fairly rural area so i don't think we will be quite as stressed as other areas of the country especially big cities but i kind of expect things to be pretty bad around here in a few weeks.

A lot of shops, businesses and what not around here are probably just barely getting by normally. This is going to cripple local business and the majority of people just getting by as it is. Fair amount of drug activity and the surrounding areas as is, expect some of those people to start taking more chances.

Feeling like there needs to be some kind of stop put on certain types of loans or at least some measure to help borrowers survive.

I need to start being a little more pro active, planning out ahead a few months. Definitely need to have a little more cash on hand along with some other things. Maybe i'll finally buy that home defense shotgun i've been wanting.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2020, 09:42 AM   #79
DannoXYZ

Better hurry and buy that shotgun!
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/busin...les/index.html

Old March 20th, 2020, 09:52 AM   #80
Alex
ninjette.org dude

At first glance it seems like that industry has such perverse incentives compared to most others. If the economy is good, people are happy, and apparent stability reigns, that industry has problems staying afloat. When things aren't so rosy, suddenly they have significantly fewer financial issues - and sales go through the roof.

But perhaps it's not really that unique, and plenty of industries push the fear aspect all the time as a marketing tactic. Healthcare (buy this new drug, or you won't live as long) Auto (buy this new safer car, your old one will kill you) Media (everyone not like you is out to get you and take what is yours) Even consumer electronics (buy this or your friends/colleagues will know you're an out-of-date loser).