ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old June 29th, 2015, 03:50 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Marquez I learnt some motocross from Rossi at Assen

REIGNING World Champion Marc Marquez finished second behind Valentino Rossi at the Motul TT Assen Grand Prix after studying Rossi throughout the race.

Despite a difficult start for the Spaniard, Marquez appeared more comfortable after returning to the older version of the Honda frame which has allowed he to push more as seen in 2014.

Marquez sat quietly behind Italian Rossi until the last few laps where the young Spaniard made his move only for Rossi to cut the final chicane after Marquez attempted to make a move up the inside.

“You can’t imagine what I feel, I’m really happy because we return to the top. We came back fighting for the win which is the most important,” explained the 22-year-old.

“I’m happy because we usually struggle here. Most importantly though, I enjoyed the bike again. There’s still some areas to improve. I was quiet and calm during the race and studied Rossi a lot, learning when I could overtake him and attack. I made a mistake with three laps to go, but I made it back.

“The whole race I focused on studying the last chicane perfectly, I knew where to put the bike to limit his space but I didn’t think he’d cut the corner. In the end I feel we won the race, but five points don’t really matter for me.”

“It’s important for me and the team to come back, especially in a track where we have struggled before. We enjoyed the track and the bike and with a lot to improve, especially at the end of the race.

“I took care of the tyres a lot and now we head to Germany. I learnt some motocross from Rossi today!,” concluded Marquez.

Marquez is currently fourth in the Championship, 74-points behind Championship leader Rossi.

Related Content

MotoGP Valencia test times - day two
MotoGP Valencia test times - day three
MotoGP Valencia test times - day one
MotoGP 2015: Assen race results
MotoGP 2015: Championship standings after Assen

Click here for full story...