ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 15th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Excited and sad for winter all at the same time

So i got my bike in September and figured i would hold off on doing any mods to it until winter. That way i can just work on it when i have time and not worry about getting it back on the road quickly and do everything i want to do at once and hopefully save some time in the long run.

This being said, i am excited to tinker around with the bike, but i've been enjoying riding it and not sure how much cold season riding i will get in.

Maryland winters have been crazy last few years, Last year was like spring weather all winter we didn't see any snow. 2 years before that, was snowmagedon both years and we got crushed so it is impossible to say how this winter will be.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I hope it's snowmaggedon. The cold weather already sh!ts on my mood, it might as well be fun if it's going to be cold and miserable.

Plus snow is fun on a mountain bike with low pressure knobby tires
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #3
pimpybra
ninjette.org member

Name: pimpybra

Motorcycle(s): Yellow 2002 Ninja 250

From Maryland here as well. I really hope it's like what last year was, not just for riding, but also so I don't have to shovel/etc with a lot of snow.

So far, I haven't let the cold stop me, I rode into work today, and rode in this past Tuesday with the rain (and some sleet). I'm just thinking it will be snow/ice which will stop me.
pimpybra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpybra View Post
From Maryland here as well. I really hope it's like what last year was, not just for riding, but also so I don't have to shovel/etc with a lot of snow.

So far, I haven't let the cold stop me, I rode into work today, and rode in this past Tuesday with the rain (and some sleet). I'm just thinking it will be snow/ice which will stop me.
Same here. I'm all bundled up, even if its 20 degrees out, I'm still riding. Snow and ice are my enemies. It's funny seeing drivers' faces. They are like, man this guy must be nuts, its nuts cold out!
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote