ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
A Bee INSIDE The Helmet

What's scarier than a drunk teenager who just smoked meth, texting and driving while getting a blow job in an SUV? MOTHER ****ING BEES IN YO MOTHER ****ING HELMET!!!

Alright, here's what happened. I invited my friend to come on a ride with me to go get the title for my 250 signed by the original owner (forgot that when I bought it whoops ) She was skeptical at first but I tempted her with the glorious honor of being the first tush on the back of the 1000. I gave her a helmet, an extra jacket and gloves. I slapped a GoPro on her helmet cuz why not eh? She's never been on a motorcycle before so I told her I'd go a little slower. Under 70mph in the twisties and under 95mph on the freeway

We take off and she proceeds to bear hug me for the next 15 minutes, then she loosened up and it was a nicer ride. We took the scenic route to the guys house, around a 50 minute ride there. Close to gilroy we are in an area that has no turnoffs. It's a narrow one lane each way road and the asphalt drops off about 6 inches into dirt. This is the time when a bee flies into my helmet. I have a full faced modular helmet with the visor down and that little chin wind blocker thingy. Somehow, that bee managed to fly over the winshield and up into my helmet. I saw it come in and land on the corner of the visor.

Here's the situation, I'm riding my brand new ninja 1000 with less than 100mi on the odometer and a nublet on the back whose never ridden before, on a road with no turn offs that would be dangerous to stop on because of the high rate of speed and narrow lanes, and a bee just flew into my helmet. I have 2 options, scream like a girl and bail (I had to lay it down bro, there was a bee in my helmet!) or grow a pair and ride it out.

My balls grew 2 sizes that day (I'm still having trouble walking due to it). I looked at the bee and decided, I need to be calm and not panic, I'll slow down and stop as soon as I can. I could see it moving, clinging to my face shield in the bottom corner. I thought my options through, I'm wearing aviator sun glasses so my eyes are protected, the worst is that it might sting me on my face somewhere but at least not my eyes, alright be calm, no sudden movements

Now my helmet is modular and I considered opening it up but theres no guarantee the bee would fly out if I did that and for the time being the bee wasn't going anywhere so I decided to leave it shut unless he tried to take off again. So I rode it out. I checked the clock and it took 4 minutes to get to a turn off. Four minutes of me watching the road checking the bee, check the road, back to the bee, road, bee road bee road bee. It was certainly a distraction.

I eventually found a place to turn off. I stopped the bike, put the kick stand down, slowly lifted up the modular part of my helmet, undid the strap and carefully took the helmet off. When I lifted the modular part up the bee must have tried to take off but he moved to the contact points and got smashed. Good riddance ****er, you deserved that death. I told my friend and showed her and she was like "OMG WHAT THE **** THATS SO SCARY!" I said Yea it happens sometimes. She was shitting her pants

I got off the bike and found some twigs to scrape the ****er off. Put my helmet back on and off we go!

I'm just thinking how bad that could have been if he got me in the eye. I'm very glad I always choose to wear sunglasses even though my helmet has a built in sun visor. Scary ass ****. I am enjoying the enhanced size of my balls though.

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM   #2
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

I've been stung in the eye by a bee before. Actually, that was the first time I ever got stung by a bee. I was 4 and thought shooting the nest with my squirt gun was a good idea. Not so.

Bees don't scare me anymore. What scares me is the horse fly that flew into my truck tonight that was the size of a hummingbird! I stabbed it with a pen in my glove box and it didn't die! I had to stab it again and this time it flopped around a bunch, fluttered between my dash and windshield and I assume it died and it now stuck underneath my dash. Now I have this massive ****ing bug stuck in there.

If that bug got in my helmet I definitely would have crashed. This horse fly was MASSIVE!

The other day I did get socked in the eye with a june bug real good on the bike. My eye was sore for a few hours afterward. I usually ride with my visor up (unless I'm in boy racer mode), but I wear my prescription glasses too all the time. The glasses did nothing. My sunglasses block more crap (Oakley Frogskins), but they're not perfect shields either.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM   #3
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Lifting the face of your helmet probably would have blown him right into your face leaving you no choice but to scream like a Bi%ch and lay her down. I for one, would have fully understood if you had.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Yep that's what I figured would happen if I lifted it up. It was going to be my last resort haha
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:33 PM   #5
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

Glad you kept your composure bro...I still think modular helmets, far from not being nearly as protective as full faced (compact) ones, look completely gay, especially on sport riders...whatever floats your jigglets bro.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Your right, I should attach a mohawk so it's as gay as yours, I don't want to be out done!
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:39 PM   #7
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Your right, I should attach a mohawk so it's as gay as yours, I don't want to be out done!
ha! at least my 'hawked helm will keep my precious chin covered in case of a fall...but yeah, you have a knack for broken bones, so keep on rocking that flip lid.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:50 PM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Glad you kept your composure bro...I still think modular helmets, far from not being nearly as protective as full faced (compact) ones, look completely gay, especially on sport riders...whatever floats your jigglets bro.
If it pleases the court, I would like you to point out the modular helmet. Take as much time as you need.

AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM   #9
EthioKnight
Super Noob

lol...it's that bulky ass silver one isn't it?...and what, if I may ask, is your freaking point? "Oh! my flip floppy lid looks compact, so it should provide me with equal protection as compact ones."...sheeesh...

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Skid
troll bait

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250EF

WTF why so many helmets? LOL
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:02 PM   #11
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
lol...it's that bulky ass silver one isn't it?...and what, if I may ask, is your freaking point? "Oh! my flip floppy lid looks compact, so it should provide me with equal protection as compact ones."...sheeesh...
The one on the left end?

You say they look gay but I want to know if you can actually point it out
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:02 PM   #12
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid View Post
WTF why so many helmets? LOL
NOT ENOUGH HELMETS!!!

:x
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:03 PM   #13
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

The Schuberth! OMG ITS SO BIG
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:04 PM   #14
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-os View Post
The Schuberth!
shhhhhh!

This is ethios test!
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM   #15
Skid
troll bait

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250EF

Ooh, a game! Imma guess the AGV.
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:06 PM   #16
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
lol
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #17
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Quote:
shhhhhh!

This is ethios test!
but dude I've already guessed...there's a single "silver" helmet..and yes it's the one on the left, jeez!...I'm ragging on you about the flip lids out of concern for your ass bruh and for their notorious probability of flipping open upon impact. I love ya bruh...I'm not hating.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:14 PM   #18
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
but dude I've already guessed...there's a single "silver" helmet..and yes it's the one on the left, jeez!...I'm ragging on you about the flip lids out of concern for your ass bruh and for their notorious probability of flipping open upon impact. I love ya bruh...I'm not hating.
The locking mechanism on the Schuberth is actually quite good

And in case anyone is wondering its the schuberth and AGV that are modular
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM   #19
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Quote:
The locking mechanism on the Schuberth is actually quite good

And in case anyone is wondering its the schuberth and AGV that are modular
well, that puts me in my place doesn't it lol
but no matter, if I see you stopped at a light with your lid flipped open, a a three letter word starting with a G will come to mind.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM   #20
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
well, that puts me in my place doesn't it lol
but no matter, if I see you stopped at a light with your lid flipped open, a a three letter word starting with a G will come to mind.
And I'll look at you as I take a swig of my monster and say what a poor fellow, probably dying of thirst

I actually think it makes me look like a helicopter pilot when its up haha
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:26 PM   #21
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Quote:
I actually think it makes me look like a helicopter pilot when its up haha
believe me, you'll look hella gay..but no worries, gay is the new cool/hip...so yeah, you'll look like a gay (cool) helicopter pilot

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM   #22
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
believe me, you'll look hella gay..but no worries, gay is the new cool/hip...so yeah, you'll look like a gay (cool) helicopter pilot
I can take a hint bro, if you want my number just ask
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:35 PM   #23
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Why the hell do you have so many lame ass helmets??
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM   #24
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Why the hell do you have so many lame ass helmets??
Let's see, 2 scorpions a shoei and a schuberth, what do you have? Oh, nothing that cool
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:39 PM   #25
walty87
ninjette.org guru

Name: andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250

Link to original page on YouTube.

like dis jiggles?

walty87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:42 PM   #26
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
If you think I'm going to open up a new tab to watch a clip from a terrible show then you must be crazy!
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:45 PM   #27
walty87
ninjette.org guru

Name: andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250

aww what embedding disabled? what the
walty87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:46 PM   #28
Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Those all sound gay. My helmet looks better than all of yours. And it cost less than any of your helmets. And just as safe.

Your just wasting money buying so many helmets. You should/need to replace them every 5 years. But to each their own. It is your money.

Maybe you just drop your helmets often so you get a new one each time.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:53 PM   #29
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Those all sound gay. My helmet looks better than all of yours. And it cost less than any of your helmets. And just as safe.

Your just wasting money buying so many helmets. You should/need to replace them every 5 years. But to each their own. It is your money.

Maybe you just drop your helmets often so you get a new one each time.
I'll take this with a grain of salt considering it's coming from a guy who thinks pregens look good

Oh and
Shoei $200
Scorpion exo 1000 $130 each

Two of these helmets I bought for my dad and the others are so I always have a helmet that fits my passenger.

Oh in addition to those 6 helmets I also have a skid lid

AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:03 PM   #30
Jono

Whateves. Who really even needs helmets? Tom Cruise doesn't do it so why should I. I wanna look good when I am riding.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:21 PM   #31
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Tom cruise clearly has brain damage
AFM #676

Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:50 AM   #32
fatestkid
ninjette.org member

Name: fatty

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

On my first actual ride (this past Monday) I was going around 55mph and a fly or a bee got into my helmet. my first thought was that what is the logical thing to do since I can't just hard brake and stop. So I started exhaling with my nose and mouth to make it go away. At the same time I fully committed myself that if it lands on my mouth I'm going to eat that f*****. The exhaling worked and it exited my helmet.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:21 AM   #33
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You know what else sucks? Taking a snack break on a ride, taking off all your gear to enjoy the breeze, and having a bee crawl in your boot and stinging you, not when you put the boot on, but a minute or two after you start riding and it finally finds skin. That **** hurts!!
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:28 AM   #34
ZackoFF96
ninjette.org member

Name: Zacko

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

woooow sooo many helmets
can i have one ? lol jk
ZackoFF96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:35 AM   #35
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
According to the original post, jiggles IS NOT gay because he wears aviator glasses.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM   #36
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Damn right! I wear aviators! Ray ban aviators with the polarized dark green lenses thank you! They're a classic and they've always been around. Fantastic glasses
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:06 AM   #37
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16

If General Douglas MacArthur wears them while smoking a pipe...they're cool. His expression looks like he's saying "Yeah, I'm a bad *ss"

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM   #38
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

yeah I should have kept my other helmet. I regret giving it away Then Id have another passenger helmet.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:01 AM   #39
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
If a dirt bike helmet is DOT certified does that mean it's legal to use on the road?

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:24 AM   #40
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
If a dirt bike helmet is DOT certified does that mean it's legal to use on the road?
Yes. but dont use a dirt bike helmet on the street if you plan on going over 60 MPH.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote