ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old July 6th, 2018, 07:44 AM   #1
MakoMoto
Ninja 250r Noob

Name: Mako

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Replacing Sprockets and Chain....a few questions...

Hey guys!

So today I am replacing my sprockets and chain by myself for the first time. I was hoping you guys could answer a few questions for me:

1) When putting new front sprocket in, which side faces out?

2) My new chain (RK) came with a clip master, I will be eventually getting a rivet style but for the meantime will be using this. How do I push it together and make it work for now? Safety wire? Will it hold just with the clip? Do I use pliers to just squeeze it together?

3) The new chain is covered in lube it looks like. Other than the master, will I need to lube before riding?

4) What is the best way to make sure I am in alignment in the rear when I put everything back together?

5) Any other tips/tricks you guys know of that would be useful?

Thank you guys and gals. This forum is the best place for information.

Old July 6th, 2018, 01:17 PM   #2
jrshooter
ninjette.org guru

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMoto View Post
Hey guys!

So today I am replacing my sprockets and chain by myself for the first time. I was hoping you guys could answer a few questions for me:

1) When putting new front sprocket in, which side faces out?

2) My new chain (RK) came with a clip master, I will be eventually getting a rivet style but for the meantime will be using this. How do I push it together and make it work for now? Safety wire? Will it hold just with the clip? Do I use pliers to just squeeze it together?

3) The new chain is covered in lube it looks like. Other than the master, will I need to lube before riding?

4) What is the best way to make sure I am in alignment in the rear when I put everything back together?

5) Any other tips/tricks you guys know of that would be useful?

Thank you guys and gals. This forum is the best place for information.
i prefer clip over rivet, all day everyday.
soak chain in kerosene to clean
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2018, 02:00 PM   #3
MakoMoto
Ninja 250r Noob

Name: Mako

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

So I got everything on. Just need to align rear wheel/adjust chain. How do i know if it's properly aligned? I know the hashes are not dependable...measuring from pivot boot to axle nit is hard on brake side with the muffler in the way...just wanna get it aligned and ride!

Old July 6th, 2018, 02:42 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

relevant thread

It's pretty long, and the early pictures are borked, but if you read through there's plenty of detail.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote