ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

Notices

Old August 14th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

ninjette.org Terms of Service

We're growing. And that's good! But along with the growth, it means that every once in awhile something might happen here on the site that isn't peachy. Someone will inevitably piss someone else off, someone will be offended by what they see, and someone will make a mistake about what's appropriate to post here and what's not. We're human. It happens.

The problem was that there were absolutely no guidelines for what is reasonable behavior on this site. Some would say that laying them out is unnecessary, it should be automatically understood by everyone what's reasonable and what's not. I disagree, as it may just turn out that different people do have different expectations about what they want to read on a site like this, and what they want to post.

So I took a look at the "terms of service" at a number of other boards that I enjoy, and took the first crack at putting together a similar document for ninjette.org. It's right at the top of the FAQ, here's a direct link. It's been a rare occurrence, but a few members here have found themselves banned (for a relatively short period of time), and to be honest while I felt completely justified at the time, and truly believed it was more than appropriate in terms of keeping this site a positive & fun place to visit; I also felt that this shouldn't be left up to my eternal wisdom (yeah right!) on a case-by-case basis. So these "terms of service" try and lay things out much more clearly, so we all know what to expect. Should make my life easier. Should make life on the board easier, if one of these situations does come to pass again. The intention of this doc isn't to change anything at all about what we all seem to like here already. The intention is instead to make it easier to keep it exactly as we all enjoy permanently.

So anyway, please take a quick peek. I'll leave a link at the bottom of my signature for awhile, maybe permanently. If you have comments or suggestions to change the doc, please let me know. It's perfectly OK to post 'em up in this thread, and it's perfectly OK to PM me if you'd rather not post your thoughts on it publicly.

Cheers,
-Alex

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2009, 02:13 PM   #2
kkim

you forgot (how appropriate) section 8.

8.1 The admin, being the super being he is, reserves the right to disregard all the above and kick your ass if he feels like it... even if it's just for fun.

Good job, Alex. It was inevitable we were headed towards this one day. I find the TOS very reasonable.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I completely agree with the T.O.S. so everyone is "on the same page".
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote