ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

Chinese sport bikes?

There are a few UM air cooled "sport" bikes showing up on ebay, just wondering if anyone knew anything about them?

Also some dishonest sellers like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370254712484 with the "rare" GSXR250 and the UM stamped in the engine and next to the gauge.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:59 AM   #2
zev42
ninjette.org member

Name: Michelle

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

I've never heard of a GSXR250... it doesn't even look like a GSXR, lol!
zev42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM   #3
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I ride with a guy who owns a Hyosung (United Motors) GT 250r (07 model I think). It rides on a wider rear tire, has inverted forks and dual front discs. He has an Ixil pipe and carbs jetted. He weighs approx 170lbs, I weigh 195 and I can pull him in the straights on the 250 ninja (shimmed needles, drilled slides and snorkel gone).

He has a lot of "250 fun" with it and he likes the bike. He favors it over his 250 Ninja (a pre gen and I don't remember what year it is). He says the UM bike handles better. I've never ridden the UM but looking at it,well..it seems real "cheap" to me. It sure is nice to have someone to pal-around with on a 250 when I hit the mountains on the Ninja
rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Don't know much about 'em. /thread moved to General; this is definitely motorcycle-related.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:23 AM   #5
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

i would worry about parts. A small engine shop near me sells them, but i think he has cut back significantly. First answer to that might be the economy, but he has filled floor space with Arctic Cat and Polari ATV's.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:30 AM   #6
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Some of the used prices on Ebay are really cheap, but all of them are way far away from me. For $1200 or so I would definitely be interested enough to take a test ride though it doesn't pass one of my absolute criteria which is it must be liquid cooled so that I can switch it to FI.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
There are a few UM air cooled "sport" bikes showing up on ebay, just wondering if anyone knew anything about them?

Also some dishonest sellers like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370254712484 with the "rare" GSXR250 and the UM stamped in the engine and next to the gauge.
That is no Suzuki. It is a bona fide Hyosung GT250R. Looks good, functionally comparable to the Ninjette, but quality-wise poor.

Anthony_marr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM   #8
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

And here is the so-called Suzuki.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Verus Cidere

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

I was about to say the same thing. It's just a repainted Hyosung. There's a thread around here somewhere comparing it to the ninjette. Our little ninjette beats the GT250 hands down.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM   #10
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Don't know who he is trying to kid. I can't see any sport bike rider buying a sport bike without at least checking into the specs of the model and surfing the net on the bike and salivating over it for a while before taking the plunge. I read a lot about the Ninjette before deciding on it.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM   #11
Verus Cidere

Some people are just stupid like that. Impulse buying is much easier on the internet. All they have to do is make it look sexy and there's a very good possibility that someone will impulse-buy like there's no tomorrow.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM   #12
cifex
ninjette.org guru

Name: Z

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_marr View Post
And here is the so-called Suzuki.

Ebay listing reported.
cifex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM   #13
karlosdajackal
ninjette.org guru

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R Fuel Injected Model 2009

I saw MCN do a comparison of the Hyosung (UM) and the Ninja 250.

They said overall both are great bikes. But parts are hard to come by for the Hyosung and they said the build actually looked ok, but even though they had a new bike straight of the dealers floor some of the Hyosung nuts and bolts where already rusted up. Don't seem to hold there value all that well either. Its a shame really if they bumped up the quality control we could have a nice competion between the Kawsaki and Hyosung and ultimately we would all get better 250s over the next few years as a result.

Oh look found the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqDzeCVkX0
karlosdajackal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM   #14
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

cifex, I HAD to send a message to the seller... wonder if I'll get a reply.
rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM   #15
cifex
ninjette.org guru

Unfortunately the comments section was not enabled. That would've been fun.....

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM   #16
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
cifex, I HAD to send a message to the seller... wonder if I'll get a reply.
Wow, since he is into 250s, maybe he is a Ninjette member?

If so, we could start another flaming war right here!

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:43 PM   #17
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
Some people are just stupid like that. Impulse buying is much easier on the internet. All they have to do is make it look sexy and there's a very good possibility that someone will impulse-buy like there's no tomorrow.
Can't wait for the first thing that goes wrong with the Hyosung GT250R, and the impulsive owner takes it to a Suzuki dealership... The warranty is still good, right?

Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM   #18
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Can't wait for the first thing that goes wrong with the Hyosung GT250R, and the impulsive owner takes it to a Suzuki dealership... The warranty is still good, right?
And when he takes it back to a Hyosung dealer, as the Suzuki dealer suggested, they'd take a look at the Suzuki label and say "_________"

The Hyosung's price is comparable to the Ninjettes, so the guy is trying to take $1000 max for all that trouble (claimed value of the "Suzuki" - $4999)? And very likely a law suit?

Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:10 PM   #19
cifex
ninjette.org guru

I'd guess that the fool who falls for it is prob not going to be the type to take it up with the law but who knows.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM   #20
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

What I said:
Quote:
I would need some proof that this is really a Suzuki authorized product before I would put down any money. It clearly has the UM manufacturer stamp in the engine cover and on the gauge panel. You might want to make it very clear that this is not a real GSX-R before someone buys it and finds out the truth, Especially for $4000+
I have not had a reply in the few hours since I sent that message.

When I was on the Suzuki website today I was looking for an email link, but they do not have one.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM   #21
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Here's the listing for when it gets pulled

I just can't believe how scummy this person is to even make the listing!
The rear sprocket looks like a joke!

And I love the part where it says it has an unlimited mileage 3-year warranty, and then it says later that there is not warranty
Quote:
2008 SUZUKI GXS-R 250
Miles: 2700 VIN #: KM1MJ527981603406
Engine: 2 Cylinder Price: $4999
Transmission: Manual Exterior Color: Black
This Vehicle is: USED Interior Color: Black

If You are Interested Please Contact Us Regarding this Vehicle

VEHICLE INFO

YOU ARE LOOKING AT A 2008 SUZUKI GXSR-250R LOOK LIKE A 650 FOR SCOOTER MONEY READ MORE BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME HW AT 910-445-1645 THIS MACHINE COMES WITH A 3 YEAR UNLIMITED MILE WARRANTY.

THIS BIKE HAS BEEN RIDDEN A MERE 2700 MILES AND HAS JUST BEEN SERVICED AND IS READY TO RIDE ANYTIME ANYWHERE.

WE ARE OFFERING THIS FINE MACHINE FOR ONLY 7 DAYS WITH BIDDING TO START AT JUST $1.00

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL HW AT 910-445-1645

A True Sport Bike

The all new 2008 GXSR 250R is a true sport bike. Other machines in its class, most of which have been unchanged for many years, are more accurately considered “sporty standards.” This all new 250cc sport machine carries a full compliment of true sport bike features. Starting with a thoroughly modern perimeter frame, this true full fairing sport bike features inverted front forks, mono shock rear suspension, clip on handle bars, fully adjustable rear sets (foot rests) and a powerful 72 degree V-twin power plant. Projector head lamps and modern chassis and body work design add to its unique utility and value. No other machine in its class or price range can compare.

This agile, powerful sport machine has a low seat height and good manners, making it accessible to the entry level rider, and satisfying to the more advanced enthusiast who demands the best in modern design for light weight sport riding on the road or the track.

VEHICLE OPTIONS
INTERIOR
Adjustable Steering Wheel
Steering Wheel Controls
Tachometer
Tinted Glass

EXTERIOR
Accent Stripes
Air Dam
Alloy Wheels
Fender Flares
Front Spoiler
Ground Effects
Metallic Paint
Two Tone Paint

SAFETY
Daytime Running Lights

ENGINE/DRIVE TRAIN
Rear Wheel Drive
RWD - Rear Wheel Drive
Trans - 5-Speed Manual
Trans - Manual/ Stick

CONVENIENCE
Automatic Headlights

SEATING
Vinyl Upholstery

Quote:
KELLEY BLUE BOOK

WARRANTY INFORMATION
AS-IS NO WARRANTY

This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith.

No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.

SHIPPING INFORMATION

For Shipping Information Please Contact Agnes0926@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Agnes0926 Can Help You With All Your Shipping Needs!!! Domestic or International Shipping Available.

CONTACT US
710 Locust st,
Fayetteville, NC 28311
PH: 877-977-4275
FAX: 910-480-1066
Email: agnes0926@hotmail.com

TERMS OF SALE

IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO THESE TERMS PLEASE DO NOT BID WINNING BIDDERS MUST CONTACT US BY TELEPHONE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF AUCTION CLOSURE TO CONFIRM YOUR PURCHASE OR THE VEHICLE MAY BE RELISTED OR SOLD TO ANY OTHER QUALIFIED BUYER. ALL FUNDING MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 5 DAYS OF AUCTION CLOSURE OR WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RELIST OR SELL TO ANY OTHER QUALIFIED BUYER AND END THE AUCTION AT ANY TIME THESE ARE THE PAYMENT METHODS THAT ARE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME BY US.

You are purchasing this vehicle from a license bonded and insuranced North Carolina State Auto Dealer.
North Carolina State Dealer License #069581

Dealer Fee: $199.00 for any purchased Vehicle.

NOTE: ALL VEHICLES ARE STATE INSPECTED, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.

PAYMENT METHOD MUST BE ONE OF THE METHODS LISTED. CASH IN PERSON, CASHIERS CHECK, OR BANK TO BANK WIRE TRANSFERS.

NOTE! HERE IN THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA CASHIERS CHECKS, TAKES UP TO 5 BUSINESS DAYS TO CLEAR. PLEASE GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY. WIRE TRANSFERS ARE THE EASIEST AND MOST SECURE. VEHICLES CAN NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL FUNDS HAVE CLEARED OUR BANK.

RESERVE AUCTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO THE RESERVE BEING MET. NON-RESERVE AUCTIONS WILL BE SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER AT END OF AUCTION AND IF BIDDING ON A NON-RESERVE AUCTION BID TO OWN.

NO BID RETRACTIONS WITHIN 24 HOURS OF END OF AUCTION EACH VEHICLE COMES WITH CLEAN TITLE UNLESS OTHER WISE MENTIONED IN DESCRIPTION AND IS SOLD AS IS WITHOUT GUARANTEE FROM SELLER.

THERE ARE IN SOME CASES A FACTORY WARRANTY OR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. THE VEHICLE MAY ALSO BE ELIGIBLE FOR WARRANTY THROUGH A WARRANTY COMPANY. BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AUCTION. ALL NORTH CAROLINA VEHICLES OVER 10 YEARS OLD ARE SOLD EXEMPT FROM MILAGE REPORTING UNLESS OTHER WISE SPECIFIED.

All vehicles sold that are 10 years old or older or vehicles with salvage history will be sold miles exempt we sell these vehicles with the miles showing on odometer at time of sale. The actual mileage vary from that stated in this ad as we frequently drive vehicles for demonstration, servicing if needed, etc.

PLEASE IF YOU ARE USING A FINANCING METHOD HAVE THE FINANCING ARRANGED BEFORE HAND. WE DO NOT SHIP VEHICLE OR SEND TITLE UNTIL THE VEHICLE IS PAID FOR IN FULL.

You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle described above. If you do not intend to purchase this item, do not bid! Bidders must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on these vehicles! Unqualified Bidding, Deadbeat Bidders, Bid Shielding, Auction Interference, and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We are professionals in the business of selling vehicles. We take our eBay auctions very seriously and so should you. Appropriate feedback will be left at the end of all transactions! If buyer or buyer's representative picks up the vehicle, feedback must be entered at that time of delivery. Especially on vehicles that are picked up in person and delivered to satisfaction.

Venue for any legal action such as claims, motions, litigation, settlements, or any legal action associated with this sale from either the buyer or seller is to take place in the State of NORTH CAROLINA in Cumberland County. Placing your bid on this auction constitutes your agreement and acceptance of these terms and conditions. In addition, all non paying bidders will be held liable for a $500 re-listing fee that if not paid, will be filed with all 3 major credit bureaus. If you want to play games, I strongly suggest you do it on another auction. We have to pay for these vehicles on time and re-listing a vehicle can cause us much aggravation and time. This is not a game and we have heard every excuse possible. Please make sure your wife likes the color, you have the money ready, your other car is sold and you did not loose your job.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Suzuki _ GSX-R_eBay Motors ...pdf (4.58 MB, 5 views)

Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:53 PM   #22
noche_caliente

curious, there is feedback in their history for this listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370222101497

same bike according to the vin... Greg, I think you found us a fun one to play with here...

Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM   #23
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

I'm curious about what they will say ... anyone who wrote them, if you get a reply, post it here please!

Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM   #24
noche_caliente

Alan - you're not too far from them - you should call and ask if you can come by to see it

Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:07 PM   #25
Strider
Back on the Black!

LOL
I'll do that! I didn't see the phone number till you mentioned it, we'll see what they have to say

No answer, will try again tomorrow at lunch time

Last futzed with by Strider; September 3rd, 2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: update
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM   #26
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
LOL
I'll do that! I didn't see the phone number till you mentioned it, we'll see what they have to say

No answer, will try again tomorrow at lunch time
Hi Alan,

How's it feel to be back the saddle again?

This deal is a buyer-pick-up. Doesn't make too much sense, since he/she probably wouldn't want the duped buyers to know where he lives and "works". I wonder what he would say if you ask to see the bike. Either "no previewing", or he would ride the bike to some public place, like a parking lot. Same for the pick-up, I suspect.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:50 PM   #27
Verus Cidere

We seriously need to report this to Suzuki somehow!

Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM   #28
JaeL
Bike Thrasher

Name: JaeL

Motorcycle(s): 2008 EX250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
We seriously need to report this to Suzuki somehow!
why?

Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:37 PM   #29
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

I called the guy, he's a huge slime ball as suspected..He was trying to convince me it was a Euro model, and told me its titled as a suzuki 250cc..
I told him suzuki doesnt make a 250cc bike, even in Europe, and I said it is clearly a Hyosung, he started gettin mad and yellin, so I called him a slime ball and hung up lol...
AnarchoMoltov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM   #30
noche_caliente

we should all start calling about it I am seriously tempted to report him to the state of NC though...

Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:49 PM   #31
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

lmao...every 1 should, his phone # is 910-445-1645....lmfao
AnarchoMoltov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM   #32
Strider
Back on the Black!

Quote:
Hi Alan,

How's it feel to be back the saddle again?
It feels great Anthony! I've been riding every day since the doc allowed me back in the saddle ... I SO love the freedom! Thanks for asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
we should all start calling about it I am seriously tempted to report him to the state of NC though...
Let's all call him tomorrow! Just for kicks
I wonder who you can report him to, the BBB? or who?

Fayetteville is a little ways up the road from me, I might just ride up there since they give an address too!

Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:18 PM   #33
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

There's some mischief afoot in this thread.

I'll probably give him a call tomorrow too.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM   #34
noche_caliente

Well, I'm looking in the Dealer Regulation Manual right now for NC, and if he is in fact licensed like he claims, then he's in big trouble - his license can be revoked for:
Quote:
(7) Knowingly advertising by any means, any assertion, representation or
statement of fact which is untrue, misleading or deceptive in any particular
relating to the conduct of the business licensed or for which a license is sought.
and, as Dan says he claims it is titled as a Suzuki:
Quote:
(11) Knowingly giving an incorrect certificate of title, or failing to give a certificate of title to a purchaser, a lienholder, or the Division, as appropriate, after a vehicle is sold.
and since # 7 is a Type 1 violation, and this is the second time the exact listing has gone on e-bay...
Quote:
(1) Type I Violation- For a first Type I violation within three years
by a licensee, the Division will assess a civil penalty of two
hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) in addition to any other
punishment or remedy under the law. For a second Type I
violation within three years by a licensee, the Division will
assess a civil penalty of five hundred dollars ($500.00) in
addition to any other punishment or remedy under the law.
For a third or subsequent Type I violation within three years
by a licensee, the Division will assess a civil penalty of one
thousand dollars ($1,000.00) in addition to any other
punishment or remedy under the law.
now if only i can figure out how to report him

Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM   #35
Ramen
Frak It

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

That's fraud. Call the fuzz.
Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM   #36
noche_caliente

looks like complaints go here:
http://ncdoj.gov/getdoc/fdbee1c7-c2a...Complaint.aspx

Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM   #37
backinthesaddleagain

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Next thing he will say no not Hyosang, but Hayabusa.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2009, 08:12 PM   #38
Verus Cidere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeL View Post
why?
So they can sue the pants off him!

Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:08 PM   #39
edwinmcq
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Thumbs down Here is the title from North Carolina

Here is the N.C. title. The VIN is clearly from Korea , but the make says "SUZI". We all know that is a farce.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NC_Title.pdf (3.43 MB, 16 views)

Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM   #40
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
It feels great Anthony! I've been riding every day since the doc allowed me back in the saddle ... I SO love the freedom! Thanks for asking

Very glad for you, brother! I just went riding today in the UBC twisties. I know exactly how you feel.

Let's all call him tomorrow! Just for kicks
I wonder who you can report him to, the BBB? or who?
One place for sure is E. Bay. He should be banned from that site.