ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old March 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM   #41
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by want1sobad View Post
crappy

these are from china though
Opps

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking maybe its a blessing in disguise. After ordering them, I saw the adjustable ones and think I may go that route instead. I originally ordered black shorty levers with red adjusters, but I liked the adjustable ones in red better, with the black adjusters, after seeing them. I asked the seller to give me a refund, so once I get that, I think I'm going to reorder the adjustable/folding ones instead.

My husband ordered the exact same levers for his GSXR750. Same seller, paid same price, and he got tracking with his order, so I was expecting the same.

Old March 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM   #42
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

good call on getting the folding/adjustable - they just look SWEET you will get tracking with standard shipping, just takes about a week or so to show up on USPS.com since it's originating in Hong Kong.
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2011, 12:22 PM   #43
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

He's the same seller of the adjustable ones, so maybe you can ask him to just charge you the difference so you don't have to wait. I ordered 01/30 and my tracking info didn't show up til 02/07.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM   #44
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
... you will get tracking with standard shipping, just takes about a week or so to show up on USPS.com since it's originating in Hong Kong.
Now that I look back, there is a bar code & number on the box, but checking thru all emails I never received that one as a tracking number. I did enter it into HK Postal Tracking and it worked. It said, my package left HK Post Office ten days after I ordered it, so it took ten days to get here.

So for future orders ask Boso @ the2wheel for tracking info if you do not receive it via email.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM   #45
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
Now that I look back, there is a bar code & number on the box, but checking thru all emails I never received that one as a tracking number. I did enter it into HK Postal Tracking and it worked. It said, my package left HK Post Office ten days after I ordered it, so it took ten days to get here.

So for future orders ask Boso @ the2wheel for tracking info if you do not receive it via email.
There wasn't a tracking # in the emails. When I logged into my eBay account and checked my order status, there was a tracking # link there.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM   #46
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

^^^^^^^

ditto

Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:26 AM   #47
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

Got the refund last night. Reordered the foldable adjustable levers. Says estimated shipping date is March 22-April 4. Waiting to see if I get tracking this time.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 02:53 PM   #48
Scarmack
ninjette.org member

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

just ordered a set, cant wait
Scarmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #49
stealth250
Gearhead

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I got mine yesterday! I have to say these are very nice, especially for less than $41.00 to my door. Odered 2/23 and received 3/17. Not too bad coming from Hong Kong. They estimated delivery between 3/15 and 3/25, so they were pretty close. They look to be as good as any other billet piece. They also fit alot better than my somewhat sloppy stock levers. Overall I'm very happy and would recommend them to anyone who wants aftermarket levers, but doesn't want to pay $180 for a name. Thanks to Blue for being the guinea pig on this one!

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

Old March 18th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #50
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

stealth250,

The silver ones look nice. That was my second choice. Where did you get the silver pivot and mount bolts?

Old March 18th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #51
stealth250
Gearhead

Ace is the place! There's a story behind those pivot bolts. I went to take off the clutch lever and the nut just kept spinning and wouldn't thread off. Finally I took a Dremel and cut off wheel and cut the nut off of the bottom. It appears that someone at the factory got a little carried away with the air ratchet and wiped the threads off of the bolt. Of course the threads in the perch were screwed up too. I was going to tap the hole to 6mm and just run a bolt into that, but then i decided to use 10-32 stainless and found 5/16" O.D. aluminum spacers to use as a shank like the original bolt has. So I have a 10-32 screw, an open hole spacer and a threaded spacer (to hold all of it together and make a shank bolt). I had to cut the spacer down to match the shank length of the stock bolt. Then I used a nylock nut on the bottom. It worked out great. So then I decided to do the same thing to the brake side as well. I would have used button heads, but to get the length I needed, I had to use regular cap type allens. The Ace hardware by me has an awesome fastener section. Stainless button head screws in metric and standard. The only thing I haven't found there is those damn rubber well nuts! But that's a whole other subject...

Old March 25th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #52
Scarmack
ninjette.org member

Just got mine in and went to put them on today but they don't fit? The ones they sent me are almost twice as thick as the OEM and won't fit. I hope I'm just tired from driving back from Texas and hoping they didn't send me the wrong ones.

Old March 25th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #53
stealth250
Gearhead

Post some pics

Old March 26th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #54
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarmack View Post
Just got mine in and went to put them on today but they don't fit? The ones they sent me are almost twice as thick as the OEM and won't fit. I hope I'm just tired from driving back from Texas and hoping they didn't send me the wrong ones.
Do the areas on the levers that attach to the bike look the same as the OEM. The brake lever is the easiest one to check. Also check to see if you have F-25/ K-25 written on your box somewhere.

Old March 26th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #55
Scarmack
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Do the areas on the levers that attach to the bike look the same as the OEM. The brake lever is the easiest one to check. Also check to see if you have F-25/ K-25 written on your box somewhere.
It didn't come in a box. And of course I already threw the envelope away. Dumpster diving here I come yayyyyyy, not.

Here are some photos I took ( cell phone sorry) Hopefully they help

Brake Lever

OEM vs 2Wheel

Old March 26th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #56
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarmack View Post
...It didn't come in a box. And of course I already threw the envelope away. Dumpster diving here I come yayyyyyy, not.
It definitely looks different than the ones I have. See my photos. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...85&postcount=1
Send Bosco @ the 2wheel an email about the error.

Old March 26th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #57
Scarmack
ninjette.org member

Quote:
It definitely looks different than the ones I have. See my photos. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...85&postcount=1
Send Bosco @ the 2wheel an email about the error.
Greatttttttttt. Lol just my luck. Just sent him a email. This sucks.

Old March 26th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #58
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Nice review. For the price, they seem like a great value. The only negatives I've heard about these ebay levers are the finish/colour wear off and fade quicker than the Pazzos and there is a bit more play than the Pazzos which seem to fit better. Not everyone has this issue though but just don't expect the same level of consistent quality control and durability on a $30 set of levers from China compared to a $200 set made in Canada. I also remember reading a post on another forum of how one rider had his clutch lever snap in about two months. Sounds more like a freak occurrence though. For the price though, these might be my first mod this summer as I have smaller hands.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #59
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
Nice review. For the price, they seem like a great value. The only negatives I've heard about these ebay levers are the finish/colour wear off and fade quicker than the Pazzos and there is a bit more play than the Pazzos which seem to fit better. Not everyone has this issue though but just don't expect the same level of consistent quality control and durability on a $30 set of levers from China compared to a $200 set made in Canada. I also remember reading a post on another forum of how one rider had his clutch lever snap in about two months. Sounds more like a freak occurrence though. For the price though, these might be my first mod this summer as I have smaller hands.
If they hold up in a crash, would kind of speak to the durability of the product, a little bit of color fade, IMO should not be a big concern for $25-$55 levers.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...8&postcount=36
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...47&postcount=1

Old March 26th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #60
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

I wouldn't be too concerned about finish fading either but just mentioning that I've seen it posted more than once. Something to consider... two sides for every coin. As for durability, I wasn't speaking in regards to how well they hold up in a crash. I mean you can have a $200 set snap in a crash but someone else may have a $30 set hold up. It all depends on the crash and how much stress is applied.

There was a guy on a Hayabusa forum who ran the ebay levers through a Vickers hardness test and said that they were soft for 6061 T6 aluminum and would've given them a NO PASS stamp for quality control. However, he did say that although they weren't as strong compared to actual Pazzos he still felt that they were a better design than stock levers. I can't independently verify any of his claims but it's the most scientific review I've seen on these knockoffs.

Anyways, I was speaking more in terms of durability over time. There were a few posts I've read where people mention the adjustment switches becoming looser over time giving the lever more play/sloppiness. Their solution? Just order another $30 set off of ebay. One guy even had his adjustment knob pop off somehow. Overall though, most people seem very happy with them and you certainly can't complain about the price.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #61
JaeL
Bike Thrasher

Name: JaeL

Motorcycle(s): 2008 EX250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I wasn't in the market... but I might be now.

Old April 20th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #62
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

i've had mine for about 7 weeks now and and the black is now light purple - guess the chinese anodizing couldn't hold up to the florida sun. other than that, i have no complaints - functionally, they're great. if it really starts to bother me, i'll get the black parts pced and they'll look perfect forever.

Old April 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #63
stealth250
Gearhead

Quote:
i've had mine for about 7 weeks now and and the black is now light purple -
That was one of the reasons I got the silver. I had considered red or black but was afraid of a cheap anodizing job. Not only from the sun, but also from normal wear from grabbing the levers. You could always polish them.

Old April 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #64
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

yup,

powder coating for the win!!!!

Old April 20th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #65
jamiesawatzky
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jamie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 Red

ordered a set and installed
overall thoughts are they are a great lever and great price
only thing is the little nut and bolt needs to be tightened to reduce the amount of play within the actual lever
jamiesawatzky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM   #66
joes280
ninjette.org member

Name: joe

Motorcycle(s): 250

I got mine..

Just got mine a few days ago, we'll see how it goes. I got the gold levers with the red adjusters so far they look awesome.
joes280 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:35 AM   #67
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I have the adjustable levers on my 250.
different seller but same idea.
I bought the chrome ones (titanium color they said) with red adjusters.
Work perfect.

Have some on the GSXR too from China. No probs. Have had them over 6 months and do clutch wheelies and hard stoppies with them withotu worries.

Make sure the hardware is good on chinese levers and you'll be fine. Use locktite on the adjuster hinge bolts too. (not lever hinge bolts)

My bolt from the stock clutch lever perch also stripped out and stripped out the perch. A week and $30, new perch and bolt later I was able to install my $50 ebay levers. lol

No way can you go back to stock after using these. Definitely hands down better.
Ps I don't have the folding ones, just adjustables.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:09 AM   #68
ninja250
You are sleeping

proof/pudding.
You should add italian rubbers (grips) with the levers while you're at it, since we're saving a few bucks on the pazzo!

Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:11 AM   #69
sarapacman99
Climb to Glory!

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R White (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
proof/pudding.
You should add italian rubbers (grips) with the levers while you're at it, since we're saving a few bucks on the pazzo!

what's that greenlight above your meter?

Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM   #70
ninja250
You are sleeping

This?
That's a prototype of a prototype.
It's time will come. But in slightly different and much improved form.
See shift light thread.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM   #71
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, a puddle of Ninja ZX6

I really like the HUD, any idea when it will be ready?

Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM   #72
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Streak View Post
I really like the HUD, any idea when it will be ready?
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #73
ninja250
You are sleeping

I'm working on it guys.
Had a short brake there from life happenings out of my control but I promise I will finish it. I didn't start it for no reason!
Put lots of money and work into it. Sweat blood and tears.

Old April 24th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #74
sarapacman99
Climb to Glory!

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R White (sold)

i want my greasy hands on that....

Old April 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #75
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
I know everyone is wondering just how good the levers, that look like some more expensive name brand levers, really are. I was also wondering myself. I, just like everyone else, like a good deal, however there are those times when a real good deal just looks too good to be true. This being the case with the clutch and brake levers I saw on ebay from the2wheel. The advertised price is $24.98 plus shipping and handling to the U.S.
These levers on the computer monitor, look just like the very popular and very expensive Pazzo Levers but at less than a 1/4 the price of Pazzos and some similar looking brands.

This review is not a comparison between aforementioned brand levers. This review will serve as sort of a testimonial as to the Quality, Fit and Function of the Adjustable Clutch and Brake Levers from the2wheel, with some comparison to the OEM Levers they will replace.

The reason I decided to purchase the levers was I wanted some adjustability in the levers. Even though I have larger than average hands, (XXL-XXXL glove size)and can cover both levers without much problem, I was finding that with bulkier winter gloves on, I was stretching and squeezing my hands a little more to compensate for the extra bulk. This was making may hands fatigued while driving in city traffic. Being that there are only a few adjustable levers that fit the Ninjette, I needed to experiment with something to see if it would make a difference. Now I don't mind paying for name brand, quality stuff, however I do have limits like most.

When talking about clutch and brake levers or anything to do with safety features on a motorcycle, most people will agree that good quality parts are paramount. A lot of people are sceptical when it comes to products coming from China and I don't blame them, having seen first hand, some scooter parts that have come from there. So I wanted to see for myself if these levers were some more, poor quality product.

The Service Review
Ordered the set of levers off ebay on the Jan 9th. I received an email confirmation within 12 hours that payment was received and the levers were shipped with and estimated delivery date between 7-21 days. Today (Jan 29) the levers arrived in a little brown box with a little pink ribbon and a customs declaration on it from the Hong Kong Post. Inside the box a business card from the2wheel company thanking me for my purchase and a pair of very nice looking levers neatly wrapped in a packing foam sheet. This is definitely a no frills, no fancy box deal. Hence one reason for the low price. I can can deal with that.

The Quality
The levers look awesome (asides a little dust). The pictures on ebay do not do these levers justice. These levers are very solid pieces of aluminum. No cast alloy metal here. Looking closely you can see the CNC machining marks on the material. The attaching hardware looks to be good quality too. These levers are slighty thicker and a slight bit heavier than the OEM levers, but not enough to make a substantial weight gain. Installing the levers is super simple. Just remember while you have the levers off, to re-lube the pivot bolts and any where the OEM levers have scraped and properly torque and tighten all the bolts.

The Fit
These levers fit just like the OEM Levers with very close tolerances and also the necessary slack where needed. The standard length levers appear to be a tiny bit longer than the OEM levers. They look great installed on the bike.

Function
With these levers installed, I do not have to squeeze as much with the ends of my fingers. My hands are more closed and the levers sit closer to the base of my knuckles. I have the levers both set on the # 3 setting. The brake lever operates the brake light in all 6 settings. My shifts seem to be quicker, smoother and easier with the lever closer to the grips. It is definitely easier to grab a handful of brake right after installing the brake lever but I adjusted quick. The adjusters ratchet nicely and stay in place. Overall, operating the controls is much much better all around. The levers also flex backwards about 1/4 inch.

While I was at it, I decided to subject my new levers to some very primitive testing. First was the strength test. I may not be the world's strongest man but no matter how hard a tried, I couldn't bend those damn levers a bit with my bare hands. The next test was the hardness test. A quick rap across the knuckles was enough to make me say... OWW! Sh***!!. Next was the taste test. After carefully prepping an area, licking both the OEM and new lever produced diddly. And lastly was the Monkey Test. You know how 'lil kids and people like to mess with your settings? Well I did the the same thing they would to to the adjusters, click the piss out of them. Result? - they hold up.

So there you have it. Are they worth $25 bucks? In my humble opinion. YEP!
It's about the same price you would pay for new OEM. I may buy another set.
Hey man sorry for being so late, but is this the link you ordered from?

http://stores.ebay.com/The2Wheels/Ka...=p4634.c0.m322
blink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #76
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Hey man sorry for being so late, but is this the link you ordered from?

http://stores.ebay.com/The2Wheels/Ka...=p4634.c0.m322
You can use that one. This one is better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clutc...item4155ce909d

Old April 29th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #77
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
You can use that one. This one is better.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clutc...item4155ce909d
Thank man! All this ebay stuff is so confusing! I was wanting gold to go with my 08 green, but since everything else on the controls is black I might just go black!

ANwyays hopefull since im in canada it wont take years to ship from hong kong!
blink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #78
quanttrom
ninjette.org member

Name: QUANT

Motorcycle(s): 250r

are there any updates on this???

are the levers working fine?

I found some disturbing info...
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/archive.../t-274298.html
quanttrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #79
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by quanttrom View Post

As far as I know or can tell by the various threads about the levers is that there have been no mechanical failures.

The only complaints have been some cosmetic blemishes due to the anodizing and an occasional order mix up. The subject about the anodizing has also been covered as well. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ight=anodizing

The levers for the Ninja 250R and the various Suzuki Gixxers are totally different. Neither has a bearing on the other one.

You can keep looking, but I'm guessing at this point most of those who have bought the levers off of ebay, are OK with them. There will always be that 5% who will find some fault with them. To date (6 months) mine are still working fine. When I bought my levers from the2wheel co. they had only sold 2. To date they have sold over 200. That does not include the foldble or extendable ones.

Old July 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #80
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by quanttrom View Post

How do we know they are the same ones. There are multiple sellers on ebay with their version. Prolly safe to say there's always gonna be a few bad sets in the thousands that have been made.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote