ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old January 7th, 2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Sean Emmetts phone and laptop seized

SURREY Police have seized Sean Emmett's phone and laptop following his return from Dubai where his bride fell to her death from a hotel window.

The former superbike racer tweeted: ‘Happy New Year all. Sorry I’ve been quiet but Surrey police took my phone and laptop. It’s like Dubai all over again!? #bettertimesahead’

It’s Emmett's first tweet in relation to the saga since he revealed plans to meet publicist Max Clifford two weeks ago, when he wrote: ‘Off for dinner with Max Clifford tonight so that could be interesting!? I’ll keep you all posted on what papers I’ll be in #mystory’

He added: ‘I fancy lobster tonight #hewillbepaying.’

Emmett’s wife Abbie, 27, fell from the fourth floor of Jumeirah Creekside Hotel in Garhoud on February 19, during a 48-hour stopover in Dubai following the couple’s wedding in Cape Town, South Africa.

Her death was recorded as suicide, but Dubai police withheld Emmett’s passport and reopened their enquiry in October.

Emmett, 43, of Addlestone, Surrey, wrote on Twitter last month that the case had been closed and his passport was to be returned.

He was then arrested by Surrey Police on landing at Heathrow on December 5, and bailed until March.

Click here for full story...