ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old December 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #1
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Atlanta - North GA ride week of 12/13-12/19

I'd like to take a ride up to Cloud Canyon or Little River (AL) sometime next week if the weather is nice. Any north GA people interested in going or does anyone know of good routes up that way?
GearMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Sipper'
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

I would be available 15th-19th for a day ride. Is this what you had in mind or multiple days?
Sipper' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #3
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Just a day ride

Old December 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #4
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): '14 Honda NC700X; '14 Honda CRF250L; '07 Lifan 200

Id be on for a ride if the weather is nice. Keep us posted on which day as it gets closer. As of today it is looking kinda chilly BUT if going to Cloudland Canyon, I recommend 136. Its a fun road with good mixes of twistys and beautiful views.

Depending on time and such, I suggest whatever road you wish up to Resaca, GA. Then 136 to Cloudland Canyon and past to 73 which is a few miles in Alabama. North on 73 in AL to 156. 156 into TN to 64. Then either 11 south OR you can go thru Look Out Mtn in Chattanooga south on 189/157 back down to 136. Then 136 to whatever road you wanna take back to Atlanta.

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!
vman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #5
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

I'd be able to join ya on the 16th.. been wanting a excuse to go down some of them roads and up to lookout mtn.

Visit my new MotoVlog Channel !!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #6
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Friday and Monday are looking like the best days with temps around 60*.

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #7
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Plans are ride from Smyrna to Chattahoochee Hills/Serenbe on Friday and Cloudland Canyon on Monday. Weather should be sunny and ~60* Friday and 67* Monday.

I have to work Sunday and it's looking like rain too, sorry Eric.

Old December 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #8
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Whats your plans for Monday...meaning where you leaving from, what time you thinking, etc? I might can join in on that!

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old December 14th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #9
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Weather channel is saying rain now, but they keep changing their minds. We'll plan on meeting at tilted kilt near Cumberland mall around 10:30.

Old December 31st, 2012, 04:39 PM   #10
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

Name: Shell

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 -

Question

Hey guys, or gals-- I have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

1) Those of you around the Dekalb, Gwinnett area where do you normally ride?
2) How long have you been riding?
3) Have you ever ridden with someone from this site that you didn't know before?
4) If you don't use your bike to commute, how often do you get together with others to ride.

Thanks - Shell

Old December 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM   #11
Sipper'
ninjette.org member

Hey Shell.

I'm in Stone Mountain (Gwinnett) and ride where ever with who ever. We can try to meet up this weekend if you like.

Old January 1st, 2013, 06:42 AM   #12
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Hey Shell,

1. I currently live in Hall County and only 15-30 minutes or so from some of the best roads GA has to offer but am moving to Buford this month so I am interested as to what others have to say and so so so sad to be moving away from some super twisty roads.
2. I have only been riding for 2 years now.
3. I had the honor to meet up with a group from this site and every single one of those riders were super great people and safe riders.
4. I bought my NINJA as a strict commuter because my ride to work was 45MPH most of the way and my BUSA didnt enjoy that. I now will be riding Interstate 85 for most of my ride so my BUSA may be back into commute action. I have grown to love my NINJA for almost everything. She is nimble on twistys, easy to ride in slower traffic (except for the all the shifting), more comfortable, and well even MPG is better. To answer your question, I ride alone 90% of the time as most people seem to be always working or too busy.

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old January 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM   #13
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

Tony,
Moving to Buford may not be a bad move. You'll be a little farther from the twisty roads, but I'm sure you'll find some interesting roads in the area pretty quickly if you avoid the main roads.

When you decide to head back to your old stomping grounds you'll find 85, 985, and a bunch of state route to get you there in no time. I also think you'll be closer to others on this site that are in the area.

Old January 1st, 2013, 01:59 PM   #14
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipper' View Post
Hey Shell.

I'm in Stone Mountain (Gwinnett) and ride where ever with who ever. We can try to meet up this weekend if you like.
Thanks for the invite Brian, but I probably won't be riding too far away from my side streets until I get comfortable with the bike and build my confidence on it. I don't have a week's worth of riding experience yet. As soon as the rain stops I'll start taking it to a nearby parking lot to practice skills.

I'll take you up on that offer in a few months.

Old January 1st, 2013, 08:40 PM   #15
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Name: Darren

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Yamaha FZ6R, 2014 Suzuki GSX-R600

@LiquidShell

I have been riding for a year now and have met up with people from here including Tony. I commute and ride on the weekends a lot but haven't had the time to head to the mountains with them because work has been hectic.

I'm in Sandy Springs so if you are close and the temps are reasonable (40s and up) I'll meet up with you and we can ride some decent local roads. I'll keep the speeds down to keep the ride beginner friendly.
fleemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2013, 08:43 PM   #16
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman1313 View Post
Hey Shell,

1. I currently live in Hall County and only 15-30 minutes or so from some of the best roads GA has to offer but am moving to Buford this month so I am interested as to what others have to say and so so so sad to be moving away from some super twisty roads.
2. I have only been riding for 2 years now.
3. I had the honor to meet up with a group from this site and every single one of those riders were super great people and safe riders.
4. I bought my NINJA as a strict commuter because my ride to work was 45MPH most of the way and my BUSA didnt enjoy that. I now will be riding Interstate 85 for most of my ride so my BUSA may be back into commute action. I have grown to love my NINJA for almost everything. She is nimble on twistys, easy to ride in slower traffic (except for the all the shifting), more comfortable, and well even MPG is better. To answer your question, I ride alone 90% of the time as most people seem to be always working or too busy.
Sounds like it's time to trade up to the 300. Better for the highway commute and much better mpg. Me and Neil will probably make another Tail of the Dragon weekend trip end of Feb-March time frame. I'll keep you in the loop.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:35 AM   #17
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Name: Win

Motorcycle(s): Honda CRF150, Polaris outlaw 450MXR, Polaris 330 Trail boss, Yamaha 125ttr, Baja DR50, Taotao 110R

Vman1313, plenty of fun twisty roads around the Buford area.
Plus you will be closer to the lake, which is pretty much where everyone with a boat goes to party every weekend
DeviantTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:53 PM   #18
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleemos View Post
Sounds like it's time to trade up to the 300. Better for the highway commute and much better mpg. Me and Neil will probably make another Tail of the Dragon weekend trip end of Feb-March time frame. I'll keep you in the loop.
I have been looking for a 300 but only keep finding white ones...I want a black one or maybe a green one depending on which green it is.

Definitely keep me informed about the Dragon. I am itching to go back.

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:02 PM   #19
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviantTurtle View Post
Vman1313, plenty of fun twisty roads around the Buford area.
Plus you will be closer to the lake, which is pretty much where everyone with a boat goes to party every weekend
I have 5 boat ramps within 5 miles of me which is sweet but it will surely be a different scene on the Buford side of Lanier.

As far as twistys, what are your favorite roads around here. I am also needing a fun road to come home from work (Gville to Buford)...was looking at Hog Mountain to N Bogan to S Bogan....any suggestions?

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old January 4th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #20
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Honda CRF150, Polaris outlaw 450MXR, Polaris 330 Trail boss, Yamaha 125ttr, Baja DR50, Taotao 110R

Quote:
I have 5 boat ramps within 5 miles of me which is sweet but it will surely be a different scene on the Buford side of Lanier.

As far as twistys, what are your favorite roads around here. I am also needing a fun road to come home from work (Gville to Buford)...was looking at Hog Mountain to N Bogan to S Bogan....any suggestions?
We will have to go for a ride so i can show you the miles and miles of roads around that area...Probably the most scenic road with good corning is buford dam road. Actaully where I have been wanting to do a photoshoot with the group! Downside is traffic can make it less fun, everyone slows down to take in the view

Old January 4th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #21
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviantTurtle View Post
We will have to go for a ride so i can show you the miles and miles of roads around that area...Probably the most scenic road with good corning is buford dam road. Actaully where I have been wanting to do a photoshoot with the group! Downside is traffic can make it less fun, everyone slows down to take in the view
I like Buford Dam Rd and have ridden it many times. You are right though, at the wrong time of day looky lookers makes it slow. As soon as you have time and a little warmer weather we should do a BUFORD AREA RIDE so I can check some new places out. I am really excited to move to Buford. The area is way nicer and cooler then Gville plus my new house is huge (over sized 2 car garage) so the Ninja, the BuSa, and my Mustang will have a nice stable to rest in. !! Oh and the rest of the house is cool too!

Hope to ride soon with ya so I can start finding some new roads.

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old January 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #22
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650

Hey Guys! Check the group thread to see if anybody is available for a ride tomorrow!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/group...77#gmessage177

And if you haven't signed up for the group, do that too!!!

Jeff
BlueJeepYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #23
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I like Buford Dam Rd and have ridden it many times. You are right though, at the wrong time of day looky lookers makes it slow.
Hope to ride soon with ya so I can start finding some new roads.
Thats why I like cruising around these roads :-) No traffic ever! Oh and my video is all CG!

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #24
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

I've been riding less than a month > 135 miles. I live in the Brookhaven / Chamblee area. Would the Buford roads be too much for an noob like me. I'd like to ride with some experienced riders so I don't develop bad habits while riding on my own. this weekend would be great if anyone is available. I'm off FRI - SUN. Given enough notice, I can change my schedule to go riding. All I've been thinking about is the next ride.

Old January 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #25
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

I am down for a ride possibly Saturday or tomorow or Friday afternoon after 3:30pm.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #26
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

I can ride any weekday after 3-3:30 depending where we are meeting. I am good most weekends. Let me know if ya'll come up with a set date, time, and place and Ill do my best to join up if ya'll don't care.

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #27
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidShell View Post
I've been riding less than a month > 135 miles. I live in the Brookhaven / Chamblee area. Would the Buford roads be too much for an noob like me. I'd like to ride with some experienced riders so I don't develop bad habits while riding on my own. this weekend would be great if anyone is available. I'm off FRI - SUN. Given enough notice, I can change my schedule to go riding. All I've been thinking about is the next ride.
I'm only a few minutes from you so we could ride some local roads so you can gain experience if you want. I think the Buford roads would for the most part be okay, just ride at your own pace.

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #28
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

I'm in for Saturday if the rain stays away.

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #29
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

I can ride weds or thurs

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #30
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearMonkey View Post
I can ride weds or thurs
I might go ride after work today, depending on what the weather does.

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #31
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I call the roads around the Buford area "training roads" for a reason, actually the few newbs i taught learned on the same roads we are talking about. Also I have no problem letting you know when your doing wrong We could give you the crash course and do hwy180, it is the best road to learn on So if possible, maybe Saturday, Darren bring you GP!

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #32
Xz1atl
?>ninja = i think not

Name: Xavier

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 NINJA 650

Well im done with my work week im availble thurs-sat!
Xz1atl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #33
Xz1atl
?>ninja = i think not

Name: Xavier

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 NINJA 650

Quote:
Hey guys, or gals-- I have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

1) Those of you around the Dekalb, Gwinnett area where do you normally ride?
2) How long have you been riding?
3) Have you ever ridden with someone from this site that you didn't know before?
4) If you don't use your bike to commute, how often do you get together with others to ride.

Thanks - Shell
Hey shell,

1) I moved over to the corner stone of Norcross/Tucker... I ride all around Norcross-Lawrenceville and even Stonemountain.
2) I've been riding since Sept of 2011.
3)I ridden with most of the members from this Group... Good memories for sure.
4) I ride as often as the chance is there.
Xz1atl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #34
Sipper'
ninjette.org member

Well then lets get some details going and I'm in.

Old January 10th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #35
DeviantTurtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipper' View Post
Well then lets get some details going and I'm in.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...636#post621636