ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:11 PM   #1
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

My crappy week even if you dont care. =)

For funsies I decided to share the start of my crappy week.

Just this past sunday, I went on a ride with some buddies. We're a very diverse group of riders. I'm on a 250 (obviously), my friend is on a Suzuki 800cc cruiser, and another friend is on a Vino125cc scooter. Being completely different types of 2-wheeled vehicles, our handling is very different and there I made my mistake. We decide to pull into a parking lot before the next part of the ride and my friend on the scooter turns around. Without thinking, I turn like he did but without keeping in mind the lean angle and the fact that it's an unpaved/dirt lot, I start leaning over too far. Luckily, I was basically stopped but too far leaned over to prevent gravity for kicking my butt. The next few seconds felt like minutes but slowly and surely, my beautiful ninja tips and unable to lift it back up without sliding on the dirt, I let it down gently. This has to be one of the lamest tip overs, leaving me with 4 white scratches on both my pride and the fairings.

Then 2 days later, my ibook crashes and is unable to boot at all. Which makes it a problem since I use it everyday.

So I switch to my trusty HP TC1100 Tablet PC and lucky me, the pen breaks in half.

Not sure what's going on, but everything is falling apart this week. That's my week so far, how's all of your weeks going? Anything particularly annoying?
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:22 PM   #2
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

That sucks man! Don't feel to bad about droping the bike. I droped mine today and it was wayyy lamer. I was holding the bike while tring to put it on the rear stand and it just fell on my wifes dads bike then knocked down some shelves. Opps lol

Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:45 PM   #3
setasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
That sucks man! Don't feel to bad about droping the bike. I droped mine today and it was wayyy lamer. I was holding the bike while tring to put it on the rear stand and it just fell on my wifes dads bike then knocked down some shelves. Opps lol
Yikes! It's so depressing to be there to watch it fall over but have no way to catch it. I'm ok but quick question. Exactly how durable are bikes anyway? I was surprised the fairings and turn signal didnt crack at all.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:29 AM   #4
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Very durable. Laid it down at the track going well over 50 MPH. I ground about an inch of the rearset and had to replace my clip-on bar. Not the whole clip-on just the bar in the clamp (bent it) but rode her back to the pits. No worse for the wear.

My last novice track-day.. lol.. There a thread on this with alot more pics. Somewhere here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MKS_6599.jpg (52.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg MKS_6677.jpg (66.3 KB, 16 views)
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:04 AM   #5
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
Very durable. Laid it down at the track going well over 50 MPH. I ground about an inch of the rearset and had to replace my clip-on bar. Not the whole clip-on just the bar in the clamp (bent it) but rode her back to the pits. No worse for the wear.

My last novice track-day.. lol.. There a thread on this with alot more pics. Somewhere here.
It looks like you're talking on the phone in the first pic. lol

Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:28 AM   #6
setasai

haha I thought he was pounding on the ground all pissed.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM   #7
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
For funsies I decided to share the start of my crappy week.

Just this past sunday, I went on a ride with some buddies. We're a very diverse group of riders. I'm on a 250 (obviously), my friend is on a Suzuki 800cc cruiser, and another friend is on a Vino125cc scooter. Being completely different types of 2-wheeled vehicles, our handling is very different and there I made my mistake. We decide to pull into a parking lot before the next part of the ride and my friend on the scooter turns around. Without thinking, I turn like he did but without keeping in mind the lean angle and the fact that it's an unpaved/dirt lot, I start leaning over too far. Luckily, I was basically stopped but too far leaned over to prevent gravity for kicking my butt. The next few seconds felt like minutes but slowly and surely, my beautiful ninja tips and unable to lift it back up without sliding on the dirt, I let it down gently. This has to be one of the lamest tip overs, leaving me with 4 white scratches on both my pride and the fairings.

Then 2 days later, my ibook crashes and is unable to boot at all. Which makes it a problem since I use it everyday.

So I switch to my trusty HP TC1100 Tablet PC and lucky me, the pen breaks in half.

Not sure what's going on, but everything is falling apart this week. That's my week so far, how's all of your weeks going? Anything particularly annoying?
Some clear coat, wet sanding and rubbing compound can turn some pretty bad scratches into something you can only see a few inches away.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM   #8
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
haha I thought he was pounding on the ground all pissed.
If you seen all the pics in the other thread it kinda looks like im break-dancing.
heres my favorite and the damage. along with a couple scratches to the muffler.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MKS_6606.jpg (48.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0009.jpg (111.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0010.jpg (78.6 KB, 2 views)
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:08 PM   #9
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
This has to be one of the lamest tip overs, leaving me with 4 white scratches on both my pride and the fairings.
I'm still waiting for Dianese to come out with some good ego-protective armor. In the meantime, for the pride scratches, I suggest applying a light coating of beer. It will take them right out.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM   #10
setasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
I'm still waiting for Dianese to come out with some good ego-protective armor. In the meantime, for the pride scratches, I suggest applying a light coating of beer. It will take them right out.
That's the plan this weekend now that the week is almost over. I'm sure many of you have a similar rule but I basically told myself that if I have any alcohol/beer at all, even though it's been 5+ hours later... there's no riding at all that day. While this is great and I feel more responsible, it does reduce the drinking since between riding and drinking, I've almost always choosen riding. Maybe they should advertise this at AA meetings. Swap one addiction for another.