ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old December 3rd, 2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Puig exits HRC MotoGP garage leaving Pedrosa

DANI Pedrosa will no longer have the support of mentor Alberto Puig in the HRC garage next season as Puig will start a new role as supervisor for several HRC activities for 2014.

Since Pedrosa started his MotoGP career in 2006, former Grand Prix winner Puig has worked closely alongside the 28-year-old.

Pedrosa commented: “After many years working together on track with Alberto, next season he will not be by my side in the garage.

"He will be taking care of new projects and I feel that he has already given me so much that now it is time to change our relationship slightly. Anyway, I know that Alberto will be there for me if I need something, and this is the most important thing.”

The activities that Puig is said to be supervising include the Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup and the recruitment and management of young riders as HRC Executive Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto states: “He is a valuable asset to Honda Racing and we must utilise him and benefit from his wealth of experience.”

Puig added: "This is an exciting new challenge for me with HRC and I am very grateful for the opportunity. Initially I will focus on the new Shell Advance Asia Talent Cup but then as my role grows I will assist with young riders and I will do my best to help HRC as much as possible.

“Regarding Dani, I hope he can fulfil his dream, and looking back over these years I can only be proud of what is left behind with all the titles in the 125 and 250 class and all the MotoGP victories."

Apart from Puig exiting Pedrosa’s sided of the garage, HRC have explained that no other changes will be made to Pedrosa’s team next season.

Related Content

Pedrosa signs two-year deal with HRC
HRC confirm three man team for 2011
Video: Behind the scenes at Suzuka
MotoGP: Nakano to get HRC prototype for Brno
Honda absent from Sepang II day two

Click here for full story...