ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 24th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Attention new-gen owners planning to get a rearset:

In a thread quite a while ago, a few other members and I debated and discussed about the possibility of new gen rearsets fitting pregen bikes. I'm really interested in this, as I need to get a new rearset anyway due to a breakage caused by a previous owner. Here's a link to that discussion: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15724 Just to warn you ahead of time, it's a fairly old thread, so my link to one of the rearsets, and a few of the pictures no longer work.

This is the rearset I want to get:
rearset.jpg
Here's a link to it on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...ayphotohosting

My problem is, I can't guarantee that it will fit my bike. So I'd like to try to find someone who is looking to get a rearset for their new gen and wouldn't mind helping me out. I'll buy the rearset, and if it doesn't fit I'll sell it to you for a discount. We can haggle about the discounted price later. Anybody interested? First response gets priority! Thanks!

(Alex, I wasn't sure if I should put this in classifieds, since I'm not sure I'm going to be selling or not. If it does need to be there, feel free to move it! Thanks! )

Old July 24th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #2
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Michael, the easiest and cheapest way to resolve your problem is this:
1) get someone with a new gen to measure the distance between the mounting bolts.
2) go to the dealership and ask them if you can do the measurement on one of their display bikes.
Take those measurements and see if your bike has the same measuement at the same locations. If it does then buy it. If it doesn't then the only thing you have spent is your time.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Plasmatoast
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R - 08 250R - 03 250EX - 86 KLR 250

PM Tapdiggy he has a set of new gen rear set Riser mounted ... only thing to watch is how the brake line mounts
Plasmatoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #4
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Buy a set of Satos!

If they dont fit, and you dont modify them in any way. I'll buy them @ 1/2 price
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #5
Verus Cidere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Michael, the easiest and cheapest way to resolve your problem is this:
1) get someone with a new gen to measure the distance between the mounting bolts.
2) go to the dealership and ask them if you can do the measurement on one of their display bikes.
Take those measurements and see if your bike has the same measuement at the same locations. If it does then buy it. If it doesn't then the only thing you have spent is your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatoast View Post
PM Tapdiggy he has a set of new gen rear set Riser mounted ... only thing to watch is how the brake line mounts
Plasmatoast (nice name by the way! ) is right. I've already measured, and the distances are right for the main mounting bolts. I'm checking tomorrow about the master cylinder. I may end up spending the money on something else though. Really quick noob tech question: Can the master cylinder move at all or is it set exactly where it is?

Old July 25th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #6
Verus Cidere

Found a thread Tapdiggy talks about this in:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21305