ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old September 14th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #1
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2009 R6

Unhappy Fuel gauge not working

Ok so i finally got my bike back together after doing a little carb work and what nots. She runs better than ever! Everything works great and sounds great. Only problem is that my fuel gauge doesn't work now... I reconnected the all the hoses and the plug beneath the tank. The only thing i'm unsure of is the tube that seems to be coming up from right between the carbs, then back, under the tank, and out the side of the bike. I don't remember pulling that hose off of anything when tearing the bike down. But who knows... And also, There seems to be a place for a hose to connect to where the wires for the fuel gauge come out of the bottom of the tank. Not sure if i missed something somewhere or what. Any help would be great! Thanks!
jdoucet93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #2
1LoneWolf
ninjette.org member

Name: R.

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoucet93 View Post
Ok so i finally got my bike back together after doing a little carb work and what nots. She runs better than ever! Everything works great and sounds great. Only problem is that my fuel gauge doesn't work now... I reconnected the all the hoses and the plug beneath the tank. The only thing i'm unsure of is the tube that seems to be coming up from right between the carbs, then back, under the tank, and out the side of the bike. I don't remember pulling that hose off of anything when tearing the bike down. But who knows... And also, There seems to be a place for a hose to connect to where the wires for the fuel gauge come out of the bottom of the tank. Not sure if i missed something somewhere or what. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Did you reconnect the fuel gauge sender? It's a green connector.
1LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #3
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LoneWolf View Post
Did you reconnect the fuel gauge sender? It's a green connector.

Yes, everything is connected. That plug is only one-way right? Theres no way to plug it in backwards is there?

Old September 14th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #4
1LoneWolf
ninjette.org member

Name: R.

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoucet93 View Post
Yes, everything is connected. That plug is only one-way right? Theres no way to plug it in backwards is there?
Hmm... not sure. When you plug it in, you have make sure the little tab goes through the hole. That's how you know you have connected it correctly. If you have the tab side of the connector on the other side then it wouldn't work.
1LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #5
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

I'm almost positive the plug will only plug in one way. You should hear it "click" in once it's together properly. A picture or 2 may be helpful in determining the other possible missing connection.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #6
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

The tube that's not connected coming from the carbs, does it tee off to both of the carbs? It's probably just the carb vent tube which should be left open and pointed so that it won't let air blow into it while riding.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #7
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-os View Post
The tube that's not connected coming from the carbs, does it tee off to both of the carbs? It's probably just the carb vent tube which should be left open and pointed so that it won't let air blow into it while riding.
Thats exactly what it is. Thank you.

OK guys, crisis averted! I had pulled a wire loose on the back of the dash. Appreciate all the help!