ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old March 19th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #1
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

A Question and thanks

Hello everyone. I want to start out first by thanking you all for being the most friendly bunch of motorcycle addicts on the net! I am a member on a few Bike sites and this is my favorite by far. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful and there is far less of the negative stuff on here that you find on the other sites.

My question to you all is What Street Riding Boots do you own and recommend? I will be doing my first track day in July and I have all my gear minus the Boots! Please let me know the make and model you have and why you like/dislike them so I can pick the best pair for me. Price is not really an issue (below $450) and I have a second pair just for the street. I want a pair with really good protection (need to go to work) then comfort and then looks (I don't need to look like a Moto GP star) then price.

Thanks for your responses
Ant
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2014, 03:51 PM   #2
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
I have a pair of the Sidi Vertigo Lees -- http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi...tigo-lei-boots
I picked them mostly because they were the nicest race-oriented girls boots I could find. I'm pretty happy with them, and their adjustable fit and replaceable hard parts are both definite boons. Momaru has a pair of Sidi's too, though the exact model escapes me. They're very comfortable on the bike, but definitely not walking-around-town boots. I, thankfully, haven't tested their protection functionality
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2014, 03:53 PM   #3
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

I feel like you have some contradicting information there. Are these boots for the track or for daily use? You said you have everything but boots for your track and that you have a pair for street. But then you say you want a pair for daily use...

If it's ones you want to wear daily and walk around in, I've used Astar's fastlanes and currently using the SMX1. The former is very stylish imo but feels less protecting than the SMX1. Fastlanes kinda molded to my feet while the SMX1 is more rigid giving the better protection. Overall I like the SMX1 more.
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #4
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Aerostich Combats
Redwing cruiser boots (not available new)
Blacksheep cruiser boots (no longer in business)
Redwing Irish Setters (bought 1971, fit like slippers)
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 19th, 2014, 07:16 PM   #5
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

I rock the Dainese Axial Pro In boots.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=9023

I love them. They're light and fairly comfortable for race style boots. Protection is obviously great at that level of boot. I love the fact that even if I don't want to wear my leather pants, I can wear overpants/jeans over them and it doesn't look wierd.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2014, 07:36 PM   #6
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Dainese Torque Pro Out is what I ride in and own. I love them and it didn't need much break in. I like the protection, speed lace system and the fact that the zipper is in the back, which makes it less likely to wear versus boots with side zippers. I can also fit my pants inside them, creating a really nice fit.

Link to original page on YouTube.

I got mine on closeout, the new one's now have CE level protection, I believe.

antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2014, 08:31 PM   #7
jeffb502
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300, 2010 Red Ninja 250r (Sold)

I got some TCX S-Race not too long ago. They're CE certified and seem to offer good protection. They're still available on closeout at Revzilla in most sizes.

I still have the following:
-Cortech Latigo RR Air (one zipper doesn't want to work properly all the time, but they do seem to provide decent ankle protection, although not quite as much as the S-Race).
-Bilt Trackstar (fits good but doesn't offer a great deal of ankle support)
-Tour Master Solution 2.0 (feel about as protective as the trackstars, but they're supposed to be waterproof)

I've found the S-Race to be the most protective and I've been using them for everything. The Trackstars and Solutions are slightly more comfortable off the bike for walking around because they aren't curved forward like the Latigos and the S-Races. If I'm going to be walking a long distance I'll carry a pair of regular shoes with me and change in to them at my destination. If I knew for sure I would be riding in the rain I'd probably put on the Solutions, but for everything else I've been using the S-Races.
jeffb502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to gear area

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 19th, 2014, 10:49 PM   #9
stubshaft
Rode with the Dinosaurs..

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250

My daily commute boots are Sidi Vertigos, except in wet weather, then I switch to a pair of Fly Touring boots.

Old March 20th, 2014, 02:18 AM   #10
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Sorry everyone I did not realize there was a separate "GEAR" Thread. Thanks for moving this to the proper location.

Just to clairify: I have street boots which offer a little less protection but are better to walk around in and look more like regular shoes. I need some track only boots for my July dates. The original post sounded clear in my head but I can understand how some people could be confused.

Thanks to every one who has replied so far and I want to hear what everyone recommends so keep posting! Have not made a decision yet but I am leaning towards the AGV Sebring 2s but most places are sold out now. I am looking at some of the suggested models also. Thanks for the feed back.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 05:18 AM   #11
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I have crashed a couple of times in AXO boots. They did their job but uggg..... so not comfy and the heel and toe sliders came off my last crash. So I replaced them with these.

Spidi xp5-s WRS

Very rigid and not a street boot imho but I do wear them on the street but I don't ride street much. And the cat in the video is NOT JOKING!!!! They take a long time to break in but once they do.

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #12
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
For the track I have a pair of Sidi Cobra Air boots that I found comfortable enough to wear daily. I like the simplicity of putting them on, no straps or buckles like the higher end Sidi's but my foot was snug enough that I wore them under my leathers.

Their only downside is in their name, Air. They are well ventilated with the perfs, so once the weather turned cold so did my feet. But in summer and fall they are perfect for me.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote