ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old September 1st, 2012, 03:00 PM   #1
JustRidin
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6, 2015 KTM 250XC - Past: 2011 KTM 150XC, 2009 Ninja 250r, 2012 Ninja 650, 2007 CRF250R

Fairings.. Oem and aftermarket

Ok so I've been looking at all sorts of used bikes around town and a couple of them have some cracked fairings which is fine given how much the price gets knocked off. I was wondering how much Oem fairings cost or what aftermarket fairings are costing. If you guys have bought some before I'd be thankful for recommendations. Worried about buying plastics that dont fit as well. Also does Kawasaki sell the special edition decals?

Old September 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

well i got an OEM right fairing for 300$ and it didnt fit right. the bottom kept sticking out like the plastic was molded straight. it was a pain to line up the bottom section with my old fairing because i guess it needs to break in and get the curvature. been about a month and a half and it still doesnt line up exactly

http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...ee2f059208f087

this was mentioned in another thread. Looks OEM but definitely a lot cheaper. Ill probably buy one of these when i replace my other fairing
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #3
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Many

Quote:
well i got an OEM right fairing for 300$ and it didnt fit right. the bottom kept sticking out like the plastic was molded straight. it was a pain to line up the bottom section with my old fairing because i guess it needs to break in and get the curvature. been about a month and a half and it still doesnt line up exactly

this was mentioned in another thread. Looks OEM but definitely a lot cheaper. Ill probably buy one of these when i replace my other fairing
Our fairings are 100% OEM. Any distortion could be due to happening in shipping or possibly installation. I can't say but I can guarantee this is OEM Kawasaki parts we are selling direct from the Kawasaki factory in Thailand. Price is cheap because of that. Not because it is not real. Not sure how I can convince some people other than raising the prices to regular OEM prices
http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...2_1045_791_792

tygapaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #4
BlueJeepYJ
Lets go ride!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygapaul View Post
Our fairings are 100% OEM. Any distortion could be due to happening in shipping or possibly installation. I can't say but I can guarantee this is OEM Kawasaki parts we are selling direct from the Kawasaki factory in Thailand. Price is cheap because of that. Not because it is not real. Not sure how I can convince some people other than raising the prices to regular OEM prices
http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...2_1045_791_792

Hey TygaPaul,

Can you get other colors for the fairings?

Thanks,

Jeff
BlueJeepYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post

A heat gun would work wonders.

Old September 6th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Old Lemon
Lays er down

@tygapaul do your fairings come with the black foam stuff that is glued to the inside as well?

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #7
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Not exactly sure what you mean about foam. I don't think so but then again, I don't think our Thai spec bike didn't have any foam on the side fairings from the factory. Maybe you mean another panel or something?

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #8
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

I think he means the heat shield on the inside of the side fairings.

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #9
Old Lemon
Lays er down

i thought the heat shield was the silver piece. im talking about a big black piece of soft material, maybe like a damper to reduce vibrations?

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #10
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

thanks for the clarification. I don't think the Thai versions have that sound deadening foam. Can't you reuse the existing one or will it get all ripped up? Or not bother at all, at least see to start with.

On the heat shield, I got a few in for personal use on other bikes etc. as it is good stuff. That said it wasn't crazy cheap like the panels. I think around 20 bucks or something

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #11
Old Lemon
Lays er down

ok thank you

Old September 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #12
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

My lowers didn't line up for a long time until I redid my fasteners while holding them in place. Couldn't figure it out for the longest time!

Quote:
thanks for the clarification. I don't think the Thai versions have that sound deadening foam. Can't you reuse the existing one or will it get all ripped up? Or not bother at all, at least see to start with.

On the heat shield, I got a few in for personal use on other bikes etc. as it is good stuff. That said it wasn't crazy cheap like the panels. I think around 20 bucks or something
When a dealer orders one from Kawasaki, it is not supposed to include the shielding, foam, or decals but often does. It's luck of the draw and depends on when it was pulled off the production line and put in storage.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 12th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #13
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Sometimes if a bike goes down, the brackets get bent out of shape but not always obvious, so worth taking a look at them and making sure everything is straight before trying to fit new panels.

Old October 12th, 2012, 03:19 AM   #14
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Sometimes if a bike goes down, the brackets get bent out of shape but not always obvious, so worth taking a look at them and making sure everything is straight before trying to fit new panels.