ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:56 AM   #1
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Super sport race tail attachment

I am curious how this tail attaches to the bike. Is it just the four tabs. The reason I ask is I wish to have a go at making my own and can't seem to workout how it would attach beyond the four tabs which doesn't give me great confidence in sturdiness.
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:30 AM   #2
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

I have been thinking of this myself I think that it would mount the same way the stock one would, I would cut out the tail light section for my stock lights it would give the back of the bike a smooth look

Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM   #3
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

^ thats what I would think too, some of the same mounting points.

Those tabs are for the gromets that hold the black side panels on.
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #4
Jiu Jitsu Player
Live 2 Ride Forced 2 Work

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 RED 250r

It probably uses the same allens above the key lock to secure it Im guessing. If its just the tabs though, that seems a bit flimsy...

www.7milesdown.com
Jiu Jitsu Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #5
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

I have looked in my factory manual I brought for the bike when I got the bike. It isn't obvious how it may be done. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and and see what I come up with.
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2009, 08:37 AM   #6
spark6
ninjette.org newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Is that the airtech-streamlining tail fairing? If so, don't they say on their website that if you give them a call that they will walk you through how they mounted their parts? I dunno, I'm just a dreamer who wants to ride a bike, but if I'm remembering correctly, then it might be worth a shot...
spark6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2009, 01:43 PM   #7
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

it looks exactly like my hotbodies tail section.

one of those tabs you drill and it uses the same mount as the stock. the other you drill for the black side panel thing to clip into. then you drill a hole in the bottom to bolt into the subframe area.

thats it. seems like it'd be flemsy, but its actually pretty secure. we've crashed ours twice without issue. it fits on so securely that you could probably use it without even bolting it on without any problems.

you can see the head of the bold that is going up in the bottom of the tail here. right above the rear brake fluid reservoir:

in this pict you can see where there is a place for fasteners to go in through the top of the tail section... we didn't use these.