ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 13th, 2014, 01:07 PM   #1
joecool
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Yoshimura fender eliminator install question

Hey guys,

I wanna buy this kit, I am looking at the yoshimura instructions and it doesn't look detailed!

My question is once I reassemble the stock turn signals, how do I screw them to the new fender? do I use the supplied bolts? before they were attached by rivets on the stock fender.

Does anyone have a clear pic of under the eliminator kit once its installed so I can see how the signals were mounted?

Thank you!!

Joe
joecool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #2
Jefft
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R

Once you drill the rivet out, you save all of the stock mounting hardware and re-use it.
Jefft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #3
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=184753

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2014, 01:26 PM   #4
joecool
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefft View Post
Once you drill the rivet out, you save all of the stock mounting hardware and re-use it.

Thanks! But how do you screw it onto the new kit?

Old August 13th, 2014, 01:27 PM   #5
joecool
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
Thanks for the picture, I was looking for a pic of how the flashers are bolted on to the new kit

Old August 13th, 2014, 01:33 PM   #6
Jefft
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
Thanks! But how do you screw it onto the new kit?
Use the same screws that you unscrewed to remove the signals. Once everything is apart, it makes a lot more sense. You don't need to source out any extra hardware.
Jefft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2014, 03:11 PM   #7
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

It will make sense when you do it.

I installed this on my bike a couple months ago, my problem was that the screw for one of the signals WOULD NOT come out of the stock fender. It must have been cross threaded or something, I stripped the hell out of it trying to get it loose and it wouldn't budge.

Got out the screw removal bit for my drill, that didn't move it either, so I resorted to drilling the whole screw out. Got so hot while doing that, it melted the plastic base of the turn signal so much that a screw wouldn't hold it anymore.

Ended up having to buy a new signal assembly and screw, the only parts of that signal that I could reuse were the metal bracket and rubber spacer thing.

Anyway, you probably won't have that issue, and it's a pretty easy install other than that circus I went through.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #8
joecool
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
It will make sense when you do it.

I installed this on my bike a couple months ago, my problem was that the screw for one of the signals WOULD NOT come out of the stock fender. It must have been cross threaded or something, I stripped the hell out of it trying to get it loose and it wouldn't budge.

Got out the screw removal bit for my drill, that didn't move it either, so I resorted to drilling the whole screw out. Got so hot while doing that, it melted the plastic base of the turn signal so much that a screw wouldn't hold it anymore.

Ended up having to buy a new signal assembly and screw, the only parts of that signal that I could reuse were the metal bracket and rubber spacer thing.

Anyway, you probably won't have that issue, and it's a pretty easy install other than that circus I went through.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow!! i hope that doesn't happen to me lol, thanks for the help guys