Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 8th, 2015, 03:30 PM   #41
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Very much the same idea... some nice additional features too.

Does that style of earbud work for you? I've never gotten that type to seal well --- poor noise isolation --- plus, they tend to get dislodged when I put on my helmet. And depending on the helmet, the fact that they protrude can cause uncomfortable pressure from the helmet liner pressing on them.

This is one of those very personal things.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2015, 08:23 PM   #42
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I haven't worn them with my helmet because I have the Parrot SK4000 installed and I use my Pebble Steel as a remote. Though the bundled earbuds have short cables, they are every bit as annoying as traditional wired earbuds, so I never use them. I've pretty much only use it as a handset and a remote. I would probably get buds like you suggest to use it with a helmet.

As for fit, they seal really well for me but I have odd shaped ears such that no standard earbuds fit ("standard" as opposed to in-ear earbuds), not even Apple's EarPods. If they don't have ear hooks or fit snugly *inside* the ear canal, they fall out even when I'm just sitting.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote