ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old October 9th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Lee Rocker To Play Free Concert At AIMExpo

Lee Rocker, of 1980′s Stray Cats fame, and still considered*one of the most influential upright bass players in rock n’ roll history, will perform a free concert at the AIMExpo*Saturday Night, October 18*outside of the*AIMExpo show floor at Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center (OCCC).*Rocker and the band take the stage at 7 p.m.*to deliver a*rockabilly performance. All AIMExpo attendees with either an admission ticket or a show*badge are welcome to attend the intimate performance.

Rocker’s performance is sponsored by the Ace Cafe Orlando, Bell*Helmets, Kawasaki, Metzeler, AIMExpo, and MOTOTV.*Ace Cafe, the legendary British hub for vintage motorcycle, car and music events, announced plans*to open its first U.S. location in Orlando in Spring 2015. The cafe was an exhibitor at the inaugural*AIMExpo last October, and will again showcase a collection of vintage motorcycles on the*exhibitor floor.

“The spirit, history and culture of Rockabilly lives on at the Ace Cafe,” said Lee Rocker. “With some of the*greatest ever — Gene Vincent visiting on one of his tours, even The Beatles are reported to have visited*before they became famous. I was thrilled to work with George and Ringo, Carl Perkins, and Scotty*Moore in my career, so I’m excited to continue the Ace tradition of great Rockabilly at AIMExpo.”

Of special interest to motorcycle fans will be the appearance of a brand new Kawasaki motorcycle. The*bike will have been unveiled earlier at the AIMExpo, but this Ace Café event will be the very first time it’s*seen in public. Fans will be able to inspect it and see how it looks away from the bright lights of AIMExpo.

Lee Rocker To Play Free Concert At AIMExpo appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...