ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 29th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #281
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
nice work man. very responsible waiting to work things out. looks like you'll have fun with the gs.

ATGATT!

Old June 30th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #282
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Long thread, but have you thought of moving in with your father? You are 18 so its your decision. Based on what you have said, I don't think he would have a problem with you buying a Ninja.

As far as motorcycle accidents go, basically sh!t happens. You are far better off with good gear and training, but weird stuff can still happen. Think about it, cars these days have more air bags than the Hindenburg, but still people manage to get killed in them.

I remember an accident where a stupid fool in a van fell asleep and crossed the line and smacked head on into a biker at 60 mph. In most cases, the biker would be road pizza. However, in that case, the biker was flung over the van and came in for a safe landing on the other side of it. Meanwhile, the impact forced the steering wheel shaft through the driver's heart killing him instantly. The biker walked away with only bruises. Not typical, but sh!t happens.

I have been studying biker fatalities around here locally and most of them involve the biker getting flung/shoved into the path of opposing traffic where he gets splattered by cars coming the other way. The other fatalities involve somebody suddenly pulling out in front of the biker and the biker hits them.

Personally I believe that when its your time, its your time and it doesn't matter what you are riding, driving at the time.
n4mwd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #283
whiteboy
ninjette.org member

Name: justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250r

To many long posts but here's my 1.5 cents. Grow the hell up an get off moms boobs. Im 23 with my own house cars wife and kid. I go tonight school and have o listen to people tell me what to do and deploy when the army wants me to blow stuff up. I moved out at 18 and got a bike a few years down the road when I was finically stable. First thing is first... Grow up.. Step 2 move out... Step 3 get bike... End of story. The end

Old June 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #284
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
To many long posts but here's my 1.5 cents. Grow the hell up an get off moms boobs. Im 23 with my own house cars wife and kid. I go tonight school and have o listen to people tell me what to do and deploy when the army wants me to blow stuff up. I moved out at 18 and got a bike a few years down the road when I was finically stable. First thing is first... Grow up.. Step 2 move out... Step 3 get bike... End of story. The end
The fact that this issue was resolved and worked out two times over makes your laziness/ignorance to the situation hilarious.
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #285
whiteboy
ninjette.org member

Name: justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
The fact that this issue was resolved and worked out two times over makes your laziness/ignorance to the situation hilarious.
Lol the fact that u took the time to make a useless post is also funny. But on a side note I read 3 pages of nonsense and did not read the last 8 pages lol. Good he worked it out but the facts of my post still stand with his original post. Thx for your concern have a good day

Old September 6th, 2011, 02:07 AM   #286
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

EDIT: Oops. Haha. Note to self: read whole thread first.

My mom has no idea I have a bike. I'm 28. She lives in Turkey so no problem hiding it.

My brother did the same for the year and a half he owned his cbr600rr. He sold it. My mom still doesn't know about it. He's 34.

It's not about them allowing us to buy, obviously. She knows damn well I'll do whatever I want. We just don't want to worry her. She'd literally call me everyday to see I'm ok if she knew I have a bike. This is very normal for a caring mother. Our close family friend dying in a motorcycle accident doesn't help the case.

If you can manage taking it to a storage place every single day you ride, go for it. I don't see how you won't grow tired of it. It's a big pain in the a$$ and not at all practical. Also an unnecessary fee out of your pocket...

So my opinion, it's ok to hide it from your mom because I do believe that you're as responsible as I am and in reality, you're protecting her. But I say don't buy yet because I'm pretty sure you'll grow tired of parking away from your place everyday and it'll be a burden on your conscience unlike me and my brother because of our living situation.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2011, 04:12 AM   #287
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R(Sold), 11 Honda Ruckus, 12 Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Hey congrats on the bike! I had a similar experience with my mother, except it was regarding firearms. Surprisingly she was fine with me buying a motorcycle, but I had to work my a$$ off to convince her I was responsible enough to own firearms.
rz3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #288
OGjackafidy
ninjette.org member

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Ninja 250r

Get one. Period. Your 18 they can't stop you. I just told my parents let me because they wantes me to get a job plus they knew either way when I was 18 it was going to happen. Just make sure you take the msf course and wear your gear and be careful. I know you say you don't go fast but there more comfortable you get on a bike the more you will want to speed. I rarely cruise at at anything less than 40 anymore but just keep that in mind

Old September 6th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #289
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

My mom wont even talk to me know when she found out about the bike....

Old September 6th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #290
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGjackafidy View Post
Get one. Period. Your 18 they can't stop you. I just told my parents let me because they wantes me to get a job plus they knew either way when I was 18 it was going to happen. Just make sure you take the msf course and wear your gear and be careful. I know you say you don't go fast but there more comfortable you get on a bike the more you will want to speed. I rarely cruise at at anything less than 40 anymore but just keep that in mind
Thats why a 600 isnt good for you :P youll find yourself cruising at to high of a speed and so you need some control.

Old September 6th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #291
subiegy2010
noob in training

Name: Ilya

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (sold) '05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGjackafidy View Post
Get one. Period. Your 18 they can't stop you.
Coming from somebody not too much older than you, that is a terrible approach and makes you look very immature. Nothing magical happens when you turn 18. You still live under their roof.

And it's spelled "yore".
subiegy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #292
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiegy2010 View Post
And it's spelled "yore".
...Don't mean to sound rude and I completely agree with everything you said but it's actually spelled "you're". Sorry, just wasn't sure if you were aware of that or not or if it was simply just a typing mistake. Or maybe I'm just lost as to what you're referring to. Okay...my head's starting to hurt now XD. Anyways, this kind of turned into a thread about maturity so please don't take this as me being immature, just trying to help out.
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #293
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

(he was making a joke).

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2011, 11:27 PM   #294
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiegy2010 View Post
Coming from somebody not too much older than you, that is a terrible approach and makes you look very immature. Nothing magical happens when you turn 18. You still live under their roof.

And it's spelled "yore".
Why if you don't live at home? And everything you own you pay for with no help from anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #295
subiegy2010
noob in training

Name: Ilya

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (sold) '05 SV650S

If you don't live at home then you do not apply to my statement. If you are 18 and still live with your parents, the "I'm 18 and I do what I want" approach is pretty ridiculous.

I don't know of too many 18 year olds who don't live at home and are financially stable enough to own a luxury as expensive as a motorcycle. Just sayin'.
subiegy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #296
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Oh trust me, I'm that exception ... well I'm 19 now but I've been out of the house for a year and 3 months, 7 of those months with a motorcycle

Old September 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #297
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i had my own appt and was well into my career by age 12. i also owned a luxury sedan with a paid driver. it was mostly used to go to the convenience store to get Twizzlers. however, any time my meat-vision went off, we would have to stop for burgers.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 7th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #298
toofast
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Maybe if you have to sneak around and do thing's behind your mommy's back that may be your first indication as to your level of maturity? I don't sneak around or have to prove myself with a motorcycle to anyone. I try to not be a poser and be honest about who I am. I did not do good in highschool and have to pay for that by going to a lame community college. My dad and I don't get along so I support myself. I work in a lame warehouse for a lame $12.00 an hour, barely have any money, and probably suck compared to a lot of you on bike, and I can not afford to do all the fancy mods or even get a bike yet (and I really want one) because I want to be a lawyer and transfer to a real college or university and have to sacrifice to keep my priorities in life. I am lame with women and don't have a girlfriend but I am an honest decent person working towards goals in life and hope some girl will see that some day. Someday I hope I can get a car as my main transportation and as hobby a super cool bike like a GSX-R or even one of the Italian bikes. But I will probably have to start with a 250 as that's all I can remotely see affording. I doubt I can even get a car for a while!

My mom never had a problem with me owning a motorcycle. That's because she was killed in a car crash about 5 years ago and she never had the chance to tell me not to buy a motorcycle. I would literally trade my sight, hearing, sense of taste, whatever, or my right arm, or anything I own or will own to have my mom back to yell at me not to own a bike. I am lucky in that no one is telling me not to get a bike right now in my life. But am I?

Some of you would trade in you relationship with you mother's or families for a Ninja 250? Seriously? And some of you moved out and are all on your own because of a Ninja 250? Do you know how much harder life is without a family and on your own(unless your family abuses you or steals from you or something like that)?!
toofast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #299
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
(he was making a joke).
Okay, well then I'm apparently just totally stupid or really tired and I don't get the joke (if you are referring to me, that is)

Oh, and @subiegy2010 sorry about that. I need to learn to not go on ninjette late at night when I'm tired and pointlessly reply to people :P
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #300
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

Old September 7th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #301
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

I didn't read what everyone else said but here's my two cents.

I just showed up at home one day with my bike and shocked my mom, probably not the best idea for you.

If your living with her still (even if its just for the summer), she's helping you out (unless she's charing you full rent.) So unless you want to move out on your own, I wouldn't get a bike. A few more years won't hurt any.
thisisbenji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #302
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
I didn't read what everyone else said but here's my two cents.

I just showed up at home one day with my bike and shocked my mom, probably not the best idea for you.

If your living with her still (even if its just for the summer), she's helping you out (unless she's charing you full rent.) So unless you want to move out on your own, I wouldn't get a bike. A few more years won't hurt any.
If you read some you would find he has gotten a bike. :P

Old October 25th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #303
lavid2002
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Thread needs a follow up!

I put over 3,000 miles on bikes over the summer, rode a 125 for 1k miles and put over 2k on my gs. I had a blast on the bike!!

Last Saturday someone pulled out in front of me 4 blocks from my house when I was going about 40. I was 100% alert, I was wearing a thermal, t shirt, hoodie, HJC full face helmet, skate shoes, and jeans.

I had about 1/4 of a residential sized block to stop. He had started his left to go southbound, but stopped in my northbound lane after seeing me. I locked the brakes, lowsided the bike, and slid into his suv. It happened so fast. I knew this was the last of the bike. I was just headed to the parts store for a radiator hose. I got up from being half way under his car, and was so mad. I yelled, "You ****in' asshole! You didn't ****ing see me?! Are you ****ing kidding me! Are you kidding me?!"

I took my helmet off and really wanted to nail his fender with it but instead I threw it at the ground as hard as I could. I walked to the corner and started breathing heavy. I wanted to yell for someone to call 911 but didn't for some reason. I was going to call myself but I couldn't.

Before I know it there are 7 or 8 people all around me. My girlfriend shows up and I go to the ER. Very very little road rash, sprained left ankle, and a broken right ulna. I need surgery on the bone, they have to screw it back together Monday.

My mom got proposed to that night so I kept my accident a secret until the morning after. I love to ride, and I will ride again someday. But now that I have been in this accident the sensitivity of the subject has grown exponentially among the people who love me. So for now, I am selling my GS, I'm not sure what insurance wants to do.

I am tired of typing with my left hand. I'll tell you more later

Thanks guys

Ride Safe!!
Trust no one!

_Dave

Old October 25th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #304
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Glad your ok! Good luck in surgery.

Old October 25th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #305
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Get better......

Old October 25th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #306
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Damn, that sucks. You barely got the bike & already done.
I got hit by a car within 2 weeks of owning my Ninja, but I got back on it. I'm not trying to share that to make myself sound cool or anything, just saying I understand where you're coming from, but I would have to be seriously injured or dead to quit riding.
Hope you get better.

Old October 26th, 2011, 02:42 AM   #307
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavid2002 View Post
I am tired of typing with my left hand. I'll tell you more later
Go check out redtube it can be called practice for when the right hand actually works
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2011, 04:53 AM   #308
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Sorry you had to learn the vulnerability lesson the hard way.

Get better soon.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #309
BlackNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): '09 2fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmiff View Post
Go check out redtube it can be called practice for when the right hand actually works
That's the best advice I've ever read on this forum!
BlackNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #310
lavid2002
ninjette.org member

Thanks guys!

I'll let you know how surgery goes.

Maybe post some pix of the fracture.

_Dave

Old October 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #311
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

heal well. it could have been worse.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #312
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM   #313
lavid2002
ninjette.org member

Just to keep the longest thread in the world going here's an update

21st birthday is tomorrow!

Accident was oct22nd, I have had my first surgery
Here's my arm
Fractures all over my radius and a broken ulnar styloid. 7 screws and a plate.

I'm scheduled for my second surgery May 2nd. My hand hurts all the time, movement and range of motion is horrible except suppination and pronation, those are back to normal.

The real reason I am back here is because not a day goes by when I don't miss my bike.

Does anyone else burn for a bike like this? Feels like a big chunk of what I enjoy doing is gone and I want it back. I went to the junk yard today for a subaru motor and found my bike right up front. Just as I left it when they towed it away. I swung a leg over it again. Feelsgoodman.jpg

-Dave

Old April 1st, 2012, 09:27 PM   #314
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
I feel that way as soon as I have to put the bike away

Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:13 PM   #315
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

this thread is so old and long.

did you get your bike?

Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM   #316
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

p.s i was joking about asking that question

...for those who think im dumb...

Old April 2nd, 2012, 03:54 PM   #317
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavid2002 View Post
The real reason I am back here is because not a day goes by when I don't miss my bike.

Does anyone else burn for a bike like this? Feels like a big chunk of what I enjoy doing is gone and I want it back.

-Dave
I had to sell my bike about a month ago because I needed the cash. I miss it all the time.

I went to see Hunger Games with my kid on Saturday and I couldn't even focus on the movie because I kept thinking about my motorcycle and the great rides I had. Yesterday while I was supposed to be working on a paper for school, I kept thinking about riding. Today while browsing the web, I wanted to be riding.

Luckily I can still ride my es-wife's bike, but I only take it out about once a week. It's better than nothing, but it isn't the same.

I am very afraid I will end up with a new bike within three months. There are some good deals around here and it's taking every last ounce of reason and logic to not go finance one.

Sucks about your arm. I separated my biceps tendon from the bone and had to have it surgically reattached. Four months later and I could barely use my arm. It took two months of girl push-ups to get any strength back and it took about six months before I was close to what my workout was before the accident. Good luck with your recovery.

Old April 5th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #318
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
I went to see Hunger Games with my kid on Saturday and I couldn't even focus on the movie because I kept thinking about my motorcycle and the great rides I had. Yesterday while I was supposed to be working on a paper for school, I kept thinking about riding. Today while browsing the web, I wanted to be riding

Link to original page on YouTube.

CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #319
lavid2002
ninjette.org member

Back in the game

Picked her up last weekend.

Old February 15th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #320
nautica
Gixxer Powered