ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old January 14th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #1
CGNY87
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawi Ninja 250

WTB: Ninja 250 turn signal wiring

I am looking for the silver "bullet" wire connectors that connect the turn signal wires to the bikes wires. I only need the male (turn signal end) connectors.

Hopefully someone on here is selling thier stock turn signals. I would prefer just to by the wire with the connector attached but if I had to I would possibly buy the whole turn signal [rear or front -- it doesn't matter]

PS - I need four (two for each turn signal)

Last futzed with by CGNY87; January 18th, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
CGNY87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #2
currentsea
ninjette.org member

Name: J.R.

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Hey CGNY87,

The folllowing thread contains links to OEM electrical connectors:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ght=connectors
currentsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #3
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Moto911 sells some too:

http://www.moto911.com/product_info....218ff883d63fc3
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #4
CGNY87
ninjette.org member

thanks for the posts guys but I dont think those will work.

Moto911 only sells the female end. and the .50 connectors from eastern beaver look way to big.

I just bit the bullet and ended up cutting off the stock turn signals wires and am using a "twisty cone" thing (cant think of the name) to connect it to my asiancycle flushmounts. Then wrapping in electrical tape. Just tested them and they work.

Just need to bolt them on when the temp gets above 20 F - LOL

Last futzed with by CGNY87; January 18th, 2010 at 06:14 PM.
CGNY87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #5
divingtigger
Pedal Power

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja EX250R

Those twisty cone things are marrettes, and I would recomend doing it right and soldering it properly. Marrettes are good for residential wiring that won't be moving at all. I'd be worried about them falling off. If you don't know how to solder the crimp style connectors would be a better bet. If you use the spade type crimp connectors wrap them in electrical tape to seal it. Best thing though would be to solder

Old January 20th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #6
CGNY87
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingtigger View Post
Those twisty cone things are marrettes, and I would recomend doing it right and soldering it properly. Marrettes are good for residential wiring that won't be moving at all. I'd be worried about them falling off. If you don't know how to solder the crimp style connectors would be a better bet. If you use the spade type crimp connectors wrap them in electrical tape to seal it. Best thing though would be to solder
yea i haven't soldered anything since like 9th grade tech class.

I have some of the wire crimp connectors. Im gonna try the marrettes- for now anyways. I'll just have to keep an eye on them. At the first sign of somethiong wrong i'll switch to the crimpers. Thanks for the advice.

Old January 20th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Might consider looking thru this thread; soldering effectively is fairly easy even if making it pretty isn't. I'm actually just getting ready to sit down and solder some extensions to some flush-mounts.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35703

Old January 20th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #8
CGNY87
ninjette.org member

actually i just did some research and you guys seem to be right - not that i really doubted you.

im looking into some methods and will probably end up removing the wire nuts and using another method. I would love to solder but dont have any equipment for it. I may have to bribe some workers at Lowes or a buddy or two. LOL

i was hoping to be done wit this project but i want it done right.

i do have some wire crimp connectors made by AMP. They are size 12-10. What size are the turn signal wires?

Old January 20th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #9
Shano22
ninjette.org member

Name: Shane

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawi Ninja 250, 2004 Honda CBR600 F4I, 1999 Yamaha TTR225(dirtbike)

i have 2 rear turn signals off my fender cause i did the fender chop and integrated the signals. I have the housings, sockets, lense, and the wire you need but its only the 2 pairs if your interested, PM me if you are.
Shano22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2010, 04:57 PM   #10
CGNY87
ninjette.org member

I found what im using either Posi-Tite or Posi-Lock. Tite are 100% waterproof, vibration proof and extremely easy to install. Apparently Posi tested them by submerging them for over 12 months with no water getting in. The only problem is they cost like 9$ for 3 of the Tites or 9$ for 6 of the Tites. I think I may go with the tites and just wrap them in electrically tape

Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:32 AM   #11
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): magHitVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGNY87 View Post
thanks for the posts guys but I dont think those will work.

Moto911 only sells the female end. and the .50 connectors from eastern beaver look way to big.

I just bit the bullet and ended up cutting off the stock turn signals wires and am using a "twisty cone" thing (cant think of the name) to connect it to my asiancycle flushmounts. Then wrapping in electrical tape. Just tested them and they work.

Just need to bolt them on when the temp gets above 20 F - LOL
Soldering is the way to go, or at least use some crimp connectors with shrink tubing to do the job, wire-nuts (Marrettes) are used in areas where exposure to weather or vibration are not a major concern)
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote