ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old March 3rd, 2015, 05:37 PM   #41
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Name: Luis

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja 250, 2005 R6, 2002 Ducati Monster S4

I might just machine/shave my old pregen spacers to fit my new gen rear swing arm but...

any one have the dimensions and can confirm that I am not doing something else wrong as to why the pregen spacers can not be used?
Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2015, 05:30 PM   #42
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

ready.. or closer

So after buying a bunch of parts from Garth285, now been trying to get some place to powder coat my rims but no one answers so might just paint them me self. Same might go for my calipers and the Rosso II have been paitently waiting to get mounted...

front clean, think it needs more cleaning ..

she is waiting for her new color.

thinking red...

Old April 30th, 2015, 05:09 AM   #43
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

bearing puller

Guys,

I read the ninja 250 suggestion of Motion pro 8 piece remover, $80. (front and rear)
I 've also looked at blind bearing puller in amazon, $40

I also need remove the needle bearings in the swing arm,

what tools you guys suggest/use?

I am removing this to paint/powder coat. I might still order bearing for all

Old April 30th, 2015, 05:27 AM   #44
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
for bearings removal or replacement either buy this (one that will work for your bike of course as they probably come with different sleeved press metal thingies for different sized bearings)

http://flymotorsports.com/motion-pro..._qmhoCVUzw_wcB

or make your own with crap you have laying around. Piece of thread all, some nuts that match, 2 spacers or just double triple up some big heavy duty washers, then something to sit against the bearing and press it in or out. A socket of the correct size will work, you might have to drill out the attachment end to get the thread all through it.

I bought one of these and it works well, after I got it I was like "I could have made this for less than $10"

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2015, 05:41 AM   #45
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

not really follow how its done/works

thanks,

I am confused on pulling the bearings out of the front rim as it is two bearings, one on each end. I could tap the bearing out with a long tap/flathead but I was looking for a piece of wood. I imagine the tool somehow fits through the inside of the bearing and reaches the other side of the other bearing and is flat against it in at least three points and then I would push it/hit it..

the tool you posted, I suppose I am not still clear on how it work.

I'll keep searching and such..

the needle bearings in the swing arm seem even harder as they inside of them is flush with the swing arm.

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:13 AM   #46
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Might have better luck in the pre gen tech sub forum. @Alex

But anyway with the swing arm bearings, With any luck you would be able to press one side further in the whole way through and out the other side. Obviously it contacts the other side and then pushes that side out, but then keep pressing the bearing through the pivot hole until it comes out as well. The tool I linked would make this very easy BUT if there is a lip in the swingarm hole this won't work and you are effed.

See this video below, this guy is in same boat as you. He didn't use a tool like I linked earlier, just the hammer socket method which lots of people use.

Find out if there is a lip in the pivot hole, if not, easy peasy, use tool I linked or hammer socket method, good luck.

What you want to see starts at about 6min 50 seconds into the video

Since there is no spacer collar in the parts diagram there might be a built in lip into the pivot hole, you will just have to check yourself
http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oe...8ab0f/swingarm

Link to original page on YouTube.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:42 AM   #47
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

2008 swing arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Might have better luck in the pre gen tech sub forum. @Alex

But anyway with the swing arm bearings, With any luck you would be able to press one side further in the whole way through and out the other side. Obviously it contacts the other side and then pushes that side out, but then keep pressing the bearing through the pivot hole until it comes out as well. The tool I linked would make this very easy BUT if there is a lip in the swingarm hole this won't work and you are effed.

See this video below, this guy is in same boat as you. He didn't use a tool like I linked earlier, just the hammer socket method which lots of people use.

Find out if there is a lip in the pivot hole, if not, easy peasy, use tool I linked or hammer socket method, good luck.

What you want to see starts at about 6min 50 seconds into the video

Since there is no spacer collar in the parts diagram there might be a built in lip into the pivot hole, you will just have to check yourself
http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oe...8ab0f/swingarm

Link to original page on YouTube.

thanks, makes sense.. its a 2008 swing arm as I changed my swing arm.. I hope there is no lip...

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:43 AM   #48
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
you could try making something like this. I tried to draw it up quick, I think it gets the idea across.

Once you get the bolt started you might have to stabilize the homemade anchor from the other side to get it to stay put as you turn the bolt to draw out the bearing. Obviously use a socket large enough that the bearings will go into the socket but the socket rests nicely on the swingarm shaft. Even if the socket isn't deep enough this would at least get it half way out, after that it would pound out a lot easier from the other side

Most people should have what it takes to make something like this pretty easily. You just need some taps to thread the hole. if you can weld you could always just weld a nut over the hole onto a piece of 1/4" if you don't have the taps to helicoil the hole

This would work on the wheel bearings as well might have to use different size bits and pieces though.

need to patent that ****
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20150430103122.pdf (127.0 KB, 8 views)

Old April 30th, 2015, 07:48 AM   #49
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
you could try making something like this. I tried to draw it up quick, I think it gets the idea across.

Once you get the bolt started you might have to stabilize the homemade anchor from the other side to get it to stay put as you turn the bolt to draw out the bearing. Obviously use a socket large enough that the bearings will go into the socket but the socket rests nicely on the swingarm shaft. Even if the socket isn't deep enough this would at least get it half way out, after that it would pound out a lot easier from the other side

Most people should have what it takes to make something like this pretty easily. You just need some taps to thread the hole. if you can weld you could always just weld a nut over the hole onto a piece of 1/4" if you don't have the taps to helicoil the hole

This would work on the wheel bearings as well might have to use different size bits and pieces though.

need to patent that ****
sweet!!!
thanks

Old May 1st, 2015, 04:15 PM   #50
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

problemos..

Quote:

need to patent that ****

as I was at homedepot, I ran into Pepboys who rent tools and voila!! but Pic 1 shows that there is pretty much no place for the socket/expander to grab... and our fear of there being an inner lip is getting more real as pic 2 shows the the inner part is flush and very likely that inner tube rests on a lip...

moreover, pic 3 shows that on my rear rim, there is a stripped rotor bolt that I have been fighting for a while (I did not strip it, got it like that)

ohh.. b/c there is no lip the puller does not really have a place to grap
gonna go look for a torch not to heat up the rim ....

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

Old May 1st, 2015, 07:23 PM   #51
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

SUCcesssss

borrowed a torch from Dad and also an impact wrench, that along with a slide hammer puller.. voila... finally sucesssssssss

Old June 5th, 2015, 12:07 PM   #52
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): Turbo Ninja 250

Hey bud, it looks like you have a set of wheels but if you are looking for a set still I have some I'll be selling with some almost new tires if interested
garth285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2015, 12:37 PM   #53
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth285 View Post
Hey bud, it looks like you have a set of wheels but if you are looking for a set still I have some I'll be selling with some almost new tires if interested
thanks.. ones I bought from you have been powder coated, got new bearings... tyres but not put together...

what the big advantage of new gen rims vs 300 rims?

and the ones you have are 250 rims?

Old June 6th, 2015, 07:53 AM   #54
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qomomoko View Post
300 wheels are wider, 1/2" if I remember correctly.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2015, 10:30 AM   #55
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): Turbo Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qomomoko View Post
thanks.. ones I bought from you have been powder coated, got new bearings... tyres but not put together...

and the ones you have are 250 rims?
I forgot you bought the other set off me my mistake!

yes they are 250 rim.
garth285 is offline   Reply With Quote