ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:02 AM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

OEM tail light lens removable? Clear option?

I'm wondering if the OEM tail light lens is removable (I assume it is and that's how you replace the bulb) and if it fits the clear or smoke lenses available for integrated tail lights. Obviously, I'd have to make the bulb red but I'd still like to know. Thanks!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:17 PM   #2
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

The OEM tail light housing is one unit (lens, reflector, light socket holder) the lens is glued to the whole assy. The light bulb can be replaced without removing the tail light. Just remove the passenger seat and twist the bulb out.
You can buy red 1157 bulbs in both incandescent or LED. Whether or not a clear lens off of an integrated unit will fit on a stock unit...I don't know. Measurements would have to be taken, however it sounds like a design someone could do to mimic the integrated tail lights.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Thanks. That means that drilling holes for sockets would be a bad idea for 1156 bulbs (bigger than the sockets). The ones you mentioned in the other thread look like a better option. Only white or red will be bright enough after passing through the stock lens filter so I don't want to use the stock amber turn signal bulbs.

But all this just changed now that eBay has a new cheaper supplier of integrated tail lights. $30 BIN + $10 S&H; bidding starts much lower

At that price, I think I'm going to abandond the DIY one!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote