Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old July 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #1
syoo
ninjette.org newbie

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250

twisted cables

i was checking out my ninja 250 and noticed some of the cables were twisted. just wondering if its fine or something i should get fixed.

also is it typical for the 250's clutch to engage pretty far out? my clutch's friction zone is close to the point where the clutch is fully disengaged. its also loose (i can move it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR2Ay7xLibc)
syoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Welcome to the forum!

Most of that just looks to be kinking in the plastic cover over the wires; nothing to worry about.

As for the clutch engagement, I can only comment for the 300, but that's where mine engages. You can always change the engagement point if you want, though; just loosen the lock ring on the clutch cable at the lever and the adjust using the thumbscrew (or whatever you'd like to call it). There are adjustments at both ends, but the adjustment at the lever should probably be enough for you without running the thumbscrew too far out.
Brother Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #3
syoo
ninjette.org newbie

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michigan View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Most of that just looks to be kinking in the plastic cover over the wires; nothing to worry about.

As for the clutch engagement, I can only comment for the 300, but that's where mine engages. You can always change the engagement point if you want, though; just loosen the lock ring on the clutch cable at the lever and the adjust using the thumbscrew (or whatever you'd like to call it). There are adjustments at both ends, but the adjustment at the lever should probably be enough for you without running the thumbscrew too far out.
thanks man!

the friction zone is comfortable where its at so i guess ill just leave it alone
syoo is offline   Reply With Quote