Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 28th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #1
insightt47
ninjette.org member

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010

Is there a Galfer Wave rotor for ninja 250r

http://moto-madness.com/catalog/inde...oducts_id=1123

I saw this front wave rotor available for the ninja 250r but the website looks suss. Does anyone know if Galfer makes rotors that would fit a ninja 250r but not nesecarily be designed for use with the bike. eg, designed for use with a zx6r but fits a ninja 250r.

Ive upgraded my master cylinder and caliper to brembo, so i also want to upgrade my rotor but ive heard nothing but bad reviews abuout the EBC rotors.
insightt47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 28th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #2
edbro
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

I don't think so, well, at least I couldn't find an answer when I searched a few months ago.

That is a serious brake set up you got going on there, do you happen to have any pictures you could share ? If not, what size brembo master cylinder did you go with? I bet you can stoppie on a dime with that set up .
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #3
insightt47
ninjette.org member

I sort of lied. I don't actually have the brembo caliper yet, but it is in the mail on the way to me at this moment. Dimensions are 30/34 40mm spacing; part number: 20.4756.62. You can get them for $637 from solomotorparts whom i highly recommend for everything parts related (email customerservice@solomotorparts.com), or www.hardracing.com.

I went with the Brembo 19RCS master cylinder. The difference in braking power is huge. After upgrading to SS lines this should be your next upgrade. Braking performance compared to the standard master cylinder is pretty much the same when applying the brakes upto 50% maximum force, except you dont have to pull the lever as hard. However its when you really apply the pressure like at 70% - 100% you can see the difference in stopping power.

Put it this way, i can do a front wheelie whenever i want. The tire has never skidded since i upgraded. It always used to skid when i applied the brakes too hard with the stock master cylinder. They're $330 or something from solomotorparts. I highly recommend it

Old September 29th, 2010, 06:34 AM   #4
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightt47 View Post
Put it this way, i can do a front wheelie whenever i want. The tire has never skidded since i upgraded. It always used to skid when i applied the brakes too hard with the stock master cylinder. They're $330 or something from solomotorparts. I highly recommend it

I'm confused...

If the stock brakes locked the front tire previous to the upgrade, wouldn't that mean the stock system would be braking harder???

I think maybe the point your trying to get across may be that you have better control of braking pressure with the new master cylinder. Also, if your getting the results you wanted with just adding the MC, why are you looking for a new rotor and caliper? That's some BIG bucks to spend on looks...

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2010, 06:47 AM   #5
insightt47
ninjette.org member

I do have better control, but also I don't really understand it but when i apply the breaks as hard as I can the front wheel has never locked up using the brembo MC. Either I end up braking normally, or I pull a wheelie if im going slow enough but not too slow.

Im a very aggressive rider. Ive got vortex clip ons and sato rear sets that put me nearly into a racing position. Ive already had 3 crashes in 6 moths from people pulling out in front of me which could have been avoided with better brakes. Yeah i can go slower but i don't want to

Old September 29th, 2010, 07:02 AM   #6
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Troll?
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #7
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
I do have better control, but also I don't really understand it but when i apply the breaks as hard as I can the front wheel has never locked up using the brembo MC. Either I end up braking normally, or I pull a wheelie if im going slow enough but not too slow.

Im a very aggressive rider. Ive got vortex clip ons and sato rear sets that put me nearly into a racing position. Ive already had 3 crashes in 6 moths from people pulling out in front of me which could have been avoided with better brakes. Yeah i can go slower but i don't want to
I'd love to put some life insurance on you if you don't mind. $250,000 should do it. Social Security # and full name please!

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #8
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

Quote:
Ive already had 3 crashes in 6 moths from people pulling out in front of me which could have been avoided with better brakes.
..or better riding skills which you obviously lack, stop spending money on band aids.

Old September 29th, 2010, 03:24 PM   #9
insightt47
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
..or better riding skills which you obviously lack, stop spending money on band aids.
Its not necessarily a matter of bad riding skills, more a matter of dangerous riding. Although i'm still learning to ride. I push my bike to its limits every time i ride- What can i say, I'd rather live life on the edge and be happy than take it easy and not. I will probably die an early death but who cares if im enjoying every minute of it while im alive

Old September 29th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #10
tjkamper

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R