ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old August 30th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Teknic Glove Sizing Favour

I am wanting to buy a set of Teknic Xcelerator gloves. The issue I have is I can't find them anywhere in Australia. I have tried on a pair of Teknic Chicanes in large and they fit perfect as do most size large gloves.

This is where the favour comes in due to conflicting information. I need someone who is a large to try on a set of large Chicanes then try on a set of large Xcelerators and tell me if larges fit the same.

I am needing to buy them internationally and am trying to get it right first time around. The reviews and info on the net says the Xcelerators run a little large so if your a large usually then get a medium. I also emailed Teknic themselves and they said the opposite. The person said to me he is a medium Chicane but a large Xcelerator.

So a big please please please. If someone has time could they try on both the gloves listed above and give me feedback on the sizing differences etc.
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 01:38 PM   #2
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

I'd recommend going with the Medium! I bought the Teknic Xcellerator gloves about 2 months ago. I am a size large when it comes to most regular sized gloves. I followed the advice I saw on a Youtube video as well as a lot of reviews and bought the medium in the Teknics. The mediums are a little tight getting them in (narrow part of wrist on gloves) but that might just be that they are race type gloves and that ensures they don't slid off in a crash. Once the gloves are fully on my hands they fit just about perfectly, maybe even a little extra space. I think the Large in the Teknics will be too big if you are really a size large in other gloves.
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2011, 03:25 AM   #3
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
This may be a long shot, but you could email www.sportbiketrackgear.com and ask the questions of the staff. They are frequently very helpful.
I ended up doing this plus I also emailed the seller. I felt disrespectfull emailing STG as I was never going to be buying the gloves from them as the shipping was higher, even though nearly everywhere online has them for the same price (only postage costs are different)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotgeorge747 View Post
I'd recommend going with the Medium! I bought the Teknic Xcellerator gloves about 2 months ago. I am a size large when it comes to most regular sized gloves. I followed the advice I saw on a Youtube video as well as a lot of reviews and bought the medium in the Teknics. The mediums are a little tight getting them in (narrow part of wrist on gloves) but that might just be that they are race type gloves and that ensures they don't slid off in a crash. Once the gloves are fully on my hands they fit just about perfectly, maybe even a little extra space. I think the Large in the Teknics will be too big if you are really a size large in other gloves.
I ended up heading the majority of the vote so to speak (which went against Teknics advice) and ordered them in medium.
Locksmiff is offline   Reply With Quote