ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old February 5th, 2016, 12:52 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[American Motorcyclist Association] - Cole Richardson looking forward to his first fu

Cole Richardson, two-time national champion in the XC2 Pro-Am class of the AMSOIL Grand National Cross Country Series, presented by Maxxis, makes winning look easy.

But he readily admits that winning the Pro-Am class isn’t easy. Also, he knows that this year, which will be his first full season in the XC1 Pro class, will be a tough one.

“My plan for 2016 is to have an awesome rookie year in the Pro class, get a win or two under my belt, finish on the podium as much as possible and learn everything I can,” Richardson says. “I'll do the same thing I've always done, but harder. I'll keep riding, cycling, mountain biking, working out and have fun doing what I love.”

Richardson won the GNCC XC2 Pro-Am class in 2015 and 2014 aboard a Yamaha YFZ450R. The 2015 season went particularly well for him, he says.

“We got off to an amazing start,” Richardson says. “I was undefeated until blowing a motor in New York but recovered quickly, started to win some races again and wrapped up the championship early.”

Despite earning the national No. 1 plate before the end of the season, Richardson says the Pro-Am competition was tough.

“They are all very talented,” he says. “Make one mistake and any one of those guys could walk away with it!”

Richardson recalls one mistake he made during the 2015 season that still makes him chuckle today.

“I was coming into the finish at the Tomahawk GNCC (in Odessa, N.Y.) trying to make a pass and wheelied out of a corner and fell off the back on live coverage,” he says. “But the announcer thought I was Johnny Gallagher and mixed us up. They said it was Johnny that fell off the back, which made it an even better story! (Love ya Johnny!)”

After wrapping up the XC2 Pro-Am class championship in 2015 early, Richardson started racing in the Pro class. His first race, at the Powerline Park GNCC in St. Clairsville, Ohio, was a humbling experience.

“I had unknown issues -- still to this day -- that occurred with my bike right off the start, so I got push started, made up ground, the bike shut off and lost all power,” he says. “I ran to get help and all, but long story short it was just upsetting letting so many people down, especially for your first Pro race with many expectations.”

When he isn’t racing or messing around with ATVs, Richardson likes to cycle, ride stand-up personal watercraft, ride a dirt bike and play basketball.

“I suck horribly at it but its fun to get out and shoot some hoops with your friends,” he says.

The 19-year-old Edinburg, Pa., resident who says he was nominated “the quietest kid of my senior class” says right now he can't see himself doing anything with his life other than racing.

He thanks many people who support his racing including his mom and dad, the Nfab AmPro Yamaha team, Moto-X-Perts, Lonestar, Motowoz ATV Shocks, Maxxis Tires, Pro Taper, Precision, Moto Seat, FMF, RCP, IMS, GYTR, Yamalube, Antigravity batteries, Graphic Worx, Cycra, CV4, Evans, Gear Alloy Wheels, NFAB, Works Connection, Tireballs, MSR, Bell Helmets, Leatt and ReadyLift.

What advice would he give others who want to race ATVs?

“Don't give up on your dreams,” he says. “Keep riding and work hard at it. Most importantly, never lose the fun and never forget the reason why you started."

Click here for full story...