Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old September 4th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Brough Superior superbike to be unveiled this autumn

Jay Leno unveils Brough Superior-badged Moto2 race bike

A BROUGH Superior V-twin superbike will be unveiled at the Milan bike show in November, according to the firm’s CEO.

A Moto2 race bike (pictured) carrying the revived British marque’s badge is also set to race in GPs next year.

The road bike is expected to be a 1200cc V-twin.

The plans were announced by Brough CEO Mark Upham during a press conference at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, hosted by American chat show host Jay Leno.

Upham said: “We will be commencing with a V-twin model range but it won’t stop there.

“We’re working flat-out to get the first example ready for the Milan show in November. It will be the first in a series of different model families – some with more than two cylinders.

“But I won’t be revealing anything more until then, other than to say that each motorcycle we construct will be fully bespoke, built to the specifications of each customer.”

The Moto2 bike is powered by a control designated Honda 600cc four and has a carbon fibre monocoque chassis.

Related Content

2009 Moto Guzzi Griso first ride review
2010 CR&S Duu in the pipeline
First Look: Renard GT
Brough Superior under new ownership
"I was brought up surrounded by the smell of oil and steel"

Click here for full story...