ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old October 2nd, 2022, 10:47 AM   #1
Shafer
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja ex250 blue and 07 Ninja black

LED brake light w/ pod flashers

Just finished up adding lights to my empty brake pods.

I used the following :

2x -Dorman 84725 3-Wire Light Socket with Adapter Plate (I didn't use the plate)
Amazon link - https://a.co/d/1BtFUP0
Autozone - https://www.autozone.com/power-tools...ece/438874_0_0

Note:
- These are the correct size for the precut hole in the empty pod socket.

- I added a thin layer of gel super glue to the edge of the socket ring, pretty much anywhere that made contact with the pod hole got glue.

- there are little tabs on the socket use needle nose pliers to wig them back and forth to remove. I found them to be useless and in the way of the bulb.

- These sockets are very cheap, but they are perfect for the application so be very careful and level while pressing the bulb in. I bought a extra socket and was happy I did because I broke one. If you force the bulb in you will brake the round plastic disc the wire connectors sit in.

- install the LED before gluing the socket in. You can angle the LED bulb through the hole. Before gluing figure out bulb orientation to give the best and brightest reflection.

LED Bulb - 2 double packs - change out all to led, and carry a spare
SYLVANIA ZEVO 1157 White LED Bulb, (Contains 2 Bulbs)
Amazon Link: https://a.co/d/gLdaO2S

Note:
- these LED bulbs are directional. They are made to reflect light back onto the pods reflector. The reviews are going to say, they are not bright, but used with a reflector (which is already in the empty pod) they are very bright.

- i suggest testing your socket once you get the bulb in. The white wire is negative and the two black wires are positive. One black wire will be dimmer and one will be brighter. Add some lables to what is what.

Podoy GS-100A Flash Strobe Controller Flasher Module for LED Brake Tail Stop Light 12V-24V
Amazon Link: https://a.co/d/fuWXZuD
Note:
-in and out sides are marked on the unit. In=from the bike out=to the pods.
- there are 4 wires in red/black out red/black. All black wires are the negative. Can go to any negative ground on the bike.
- the way I wired the pods was to have them flash and have the center be normal soild.
- wire the red outs to the bright black wires of the socket. The other black goes to the day time running wire.

General:
- try to preserve the ability to retain the oem brake wiring connector. You will thank me someday.
- if you have a multimeter you can find out what wire does what on the oem brake connector. Turn bike to on, negative on meter goes into the black hole, choose another one for the red of your meter. If you get 12v on your meter you found the day time running light, dim black wire of your socket. Now plug your meters red into the other hole and press the bikes brake, you should see 12v you found the brake wire, the bright black wire of your socket.
- easier to remove brake housing from bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5F639AC0-43CA-4B8A-8759-DD8F06C194C1.jpg (115.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg AE8499A4-501E-4FE3-8087-A1D2257F88CD.jpg (63.0 KB, 7 views)
Attached Files
File Type: mov trim.6E3751E0-73A8-4994-987D-2F6D9312304B.MOV (4.10 MB, 8 views)
Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2022, 11:09 AM   #2
Shafer
ninjette.org member

Link to original page on YouTube.

Last futzed with by Alex; October 3rd, 2022 at 07:16 AM. Reason: fixed youtube link

Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:38 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Very cool. Several years ago you could get replacement lenses with sockets from Volar Motorsports for $6.99 but the sockets were weird and didn’t really fit any existing single-filament bulb. You could just use an 1157 like it was a single filament bulb but I chose to replace the pigtail base inside the sockets to get an extra contact/wire. Should make it perfect for something like this.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:45 PM   #4
Shafer
ninjette.org member

This setup was pretty plug and play. And the LEDs are very high quality and bright.

Old October 2nd, 2022, 02:21 PM   #5
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Pretty cool!!! I have mine wired up to work as turn-signals and brake lights. Really adds visibility when you put brakes on!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2022, 10:54 AM   #6
Shafer
ninjette.org member

For turn signals I added a secondary brake light attached to the license plate.
Got it off AliExpress, buts it's not available anymore or I would link to it. Lots of clones on Amazon and if you can wait a month and want to pay 1000% less lots on AliExpress.

Brake light:

Turn signal:

Old October 3rd, 2022, 01:50 PM   #7
Ceeloo Yello
ninjette.org guru

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): 250