ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Pictures

Old March 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #81
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Here's one for you guys to drool over once you figure out who makes it.

Shouldn't be too hard for some of you who know your stuff. :thumbuppsssst it's an EBR!!!
I've seen this in person while touring the Buell factory. They had a subframe and front rim out for people to pickup. They're light as hell.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #82
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samual

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Wow..thanks for sharing that Dave. I wasn't aware such a thing as a fully functioning electric sport bike existed! Love the thing, but wouldn't trade it for my ninjette even if I was offered a million bucks...the rumble of my slip-on assisted gasoline engine beats the sh!t out of that wimpy electrical whine :P
When I read your thread I instantly thought of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ1eMYdLKrs Its an electric drag bike, and even though the video makes me cringe, it would be a fun bike to have. (0-60 in .97sec)

Of course, I am surprised nobody posted my 2 favorite bikes I will never get to own, the MTT superbike or the Dodge Tomahawk.

lc86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #83
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc86 View Post

Of course, I am surprised nobody posted my 2 favorite bikes I will never get to own, the MTT superbike
You're surprised that no one posted the world's fastest production bike in the non-production bike thread?

Old March 16th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #84
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
You're surprised that no one posted the world's fastest production bike in the non-production bike thread?
You can't expect me to read all the details In all fairness I saw a couple other production bikes such as the tron bike (and for some reason I thought the Mugen was a production bike)so I assumed this also included limited production models, I'm not going to lie though, I skimmed through the posts and really was just looking at the pretty pictures.

Old March 16th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #85
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Cool....but...the MTT Superbike was only like 320 horsepower. It's been probably 4 years now since they released the 420 horsepower MTT Streetfighter.

Old March 16th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #86
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
Cool....but...the MTT Superbike was only like 320 horsepower. It's been probably 4 years now since they released the 420 horsepower MTT Streetfighter.
Yeah, I know (I like the name superbike better than streetfighter), I've liked it for awhile since I love the idea of turbine powered bikes...Which leads to the obvious next question...how long do I have to wait for a turbine conversion kit for my Ninjette, that would be awesome.

Old March 16th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #87
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc86 View Post
When I read your thread I instantly thought of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ1eMYdLKrs Its an electric drag bike, and even though the video makes me cringe, it would be a fun bike to have. (0-60 in .97sec)

Of course, I am surprised nobody posted my 2 favorite bikes I will never get to own, the MTT superbike or the Dodge Tomahawk.

Pretty sure anyone with enough money can buy a Tomahawk, so it qualifies as a production bike... well, if it had two tires and actually qualified as a "bike" in the first place. :P

Edit: I see people have since picked apart the MTT the same way. Sorry, Sam!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #88
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-os View Post
There's definitely a brake light, watch the last 15 seconds when he's pulling into the garage. The thing on the rear of the bike is an emergency stop button I'm sure to cut the power in-case something were to go wrong.
Ugh, read the whole thread dude, you're like the third person that quotes me to correct me, Jesus, I apologized like a billion times, keep this damn thread on topic.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #89
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
@gfloyd2002: that's amazing! The picture has definitely been post-processed a lot, but I'm not sure if it's based on a real photo of a real bike... is it? If it is, then I'm pretty sure that thing isn't road legal based on the noise it would make alone!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #90
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
@gfloyd2002: that's amazing! The picture has definitely been post-processed a lot, but I'm not sure if it's based on a real photo of a real bike... is it? If it is, then I'm pretty sure that thing isn't road legal based on the noise it would make alone!
It is real. That particular one was built by Jesse James/West Coast Choppers. 7 cylinder, 2800cc radial aircraft engine.

Link to original page on YouTube.

There are several radial engine motorcycles out there, usually aligned differently. Here are a couple. . .

Link to original page on YouTube.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #91
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
@gfloyd2002: wow! I love them. I don't like that Jay Leno guy though. He kept interupting the owner, and it didn't feel at all like he actually knew what he was talking about... it sounded like he had just quickly memorised the basic facts so he could regurgitate them and sound clever.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #92
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Old March 18th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #93
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Great bike for Plastic Man, Skiipi. But not beautiful.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote