ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old February 25th, 2015, 09:50 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - New kit Richa Memphis jacket review

I was lucky enough to stay in Memphis a couple of years ago. The city is home to the Stax Museum, Sun Records, Graceland and a Gibson Factory. Also making music to my ears during my stay was the iconic Beale Street downtown, where a whole array of shiny bikes lined up one evening.

I can’t say for sure that the Memphis bike scene was the inspiration for the name of this retro jacket from Richa. But it certainly wouldn’t look out of place there. Or many other cities come to think of it.

Made with supple Buffalo leather, the Richa Memphis jacket has some stylish details with the quilted leather around the top, shoulder areas and elbows. This gives the jacket a luxurious retro feel. But the Memphis certainly isn’t a case of fashion over function.

It may have vintage styling but it's cut for riding and the safety inside is certainly bang up to date. The leather jacket features a removable D30 back protector. If you’re not aware of D30 armour it’s essentially a soft, flexible armour that hardens on impact. As a result the back protector feels less bulky than a traditional stiff foam version and certainly makes the jacket more comfortable to wear both on and off the bike. Removable CE protectors are also present on the shoulders and elbows but they’re slim enough to not bulk the jacket out too much.

There are 4 external pockets and two inner pockets. A further inside pocket for a mobile phone can be found on the removable thermal lining.

Additional features include a zipper connection for trousers and a neoprene neck lining.

Don’t worry if the cognac colour isn’t your thing as black and dark brown versions are also available. But if you like the look of the Memphis, then you might also want to check out this video review of the Richa Daytona jacket, also part of the Vintage Garments collection and on sale soon.

The Richa Memphis jacket is available now priced at £249.
More information

Related Content

Used Review: Richa Spiker leather jacket
New: Richa Rebel two-piece leathers
First look: Richa Daytona leather jacket review
REV'IT! Ignition2 and Gear2 jacket and trousers
New: Ducati 80s Leather Jacket

Click here for full story...