Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old March 25th, 2015, 05:15 PM   #1
ryker
chaos theory

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE ; 2007 ZZR600

Bike back from dealership and I see this! damnit

Just got my bike back from the local Kawi dealer and I'm pissed I didn't see these scratches when I went to pick it up!!!! A friend of mine actually works there & I texted him as soon as I saw it. He said he will have them look into it tomorrow and when they check the inspection sheet and the video and it all works out then they will take care of it. I just hope they don't come back saying that I should have looked it over before I road off...I mean I know I should have but hell I was excited to get back my 250 back and checking out the new front tire...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scratch.jpg (79.6 KB, 43 views)

Old March 25th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #2
Ghostt
in your machine

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
That suxs BIG TIME, I hope the stealership makes good on it, good luck brother.

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2015, 11:47 PM   #3
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Ouch =(
cadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2015, 11:48 PM   #4
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
ouch. gl op

Old March 26th, 2015, 02:36 AM   #5
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r FI

Same thing happened to me, Dealer said it wasn't them, that they use clean sponges etc etc. He spent a good 20 mins buffing it though and it 90% went away but im sure he wouldn't have spent 20 if he didn't doubt it wasn't them.
Jason5885 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2015, 04:48 AM   #6
ryker
chaos theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5885 View Post
Same thing happened to me, Dealer said it wasn't them, that they use clean sponges etc etc. He spent a good 20 mins buffing it though and it 90% went away but im sure he wouldn't have spent 20 if he didn't doubt it wasn't them.
That sucks they claimed it wasn't them! Unfortunately for me it can't just be buffed out because the vinyl graphics are scratched as well. The graphics on that section would need to be replaced to fix the issue.

Hopefully I'll hear back from someone today about it...

Old March 26th, 2015, 04:48 AM   #7
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
That sucks. I hope they make it right for you.

I never had a problem with the bike but years ago i took my car to NTB for new tires. I have nice black wheels with polished chrome lips. They gouged the s*** out of the front 2 and i had to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace the wheels. Needless to say i never went back there.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2015, 04:49 AM   #8
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

I had a similar experience with AAA, gave them my car to tow and when I got it back my rear bumper had been scratched up like they had been dragging it along the road. The tow company said they wouldn't take responsibility and AAA decided to not look into it at all and just go with the word of the tow company.
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2015, 12:28 PM   #9
ryker
chaos theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
That sucks. I hope they make it right for you.

I never had a problem with the bike but years ago i took my car to NTB for new tires. I have nice black wheels with polished chrome lips. They gouged the s*** out of the front 2 and i had to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace the wheels. Needless to say i never went back there.
Thanks

I spoke with the service manager and he said to bring it up for them to look at it (and it better not be for them to tell me they aren't responsible). Unfortunately the weather is absolute s%#! today or I would have been up there....hopefully Saturday or Monday

Old March 27th, 2015, 01:00 PM   #10
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Makes you look like a crazy person but it's worth taking pics of nice things you send in for service.

I haven't brought my whole bike anywhere since I painted it but you better believe I'd notice the moment it had a scratch I didn't put there.

Old March 27th, 2015, 09:41 PM   #11
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFY View Post
I had a similar experience with AAA, gave them my car to tow and when I got it back my rear bumper had been scratched up like they had been dragging it along the road. The tow company said they wouldn't take responsibility and AAA decided to not look into it at all and just go with the word of the tow company.
wtf

hate this type of stuff. crooks.

Old March 30th, 2015, 03:36 PM   #12
ryker
chaos theory

Well the dealership called today & asked if I could bring the bike up to see the damage. I went up there today & they are being really awesome about it. They sincerely appologized for what had happened and ordered the replacement graphic decal while I was there. Should be all fixed in about a week (depending on the weather too of course)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 30th, 2015, 04:20 PM   #13
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryker View Post
Well the dealership called today & asked if I could bring the bike up to see the damage. I went up there today & they are being really awesome about it. They sincerely appologized for what had happened and ordered the replacement graphic decal while I was there. Should be all fixed in about a week (depending on the weather too of course)
tell them you want your money back for the service they did previously, and if they don't you wont be coming back and instead will be telling everyone you know about what a ****** job they did ****ing up your fairings. and strongly encourage people to shop and spend elsewhere.

not only do they have insurance for this type of thing, but a repair shop causing damage and then having you spend your time and money to bring it back so they can fix a mistake that they should have not only copped up to when they caused the issue but fixed it before you got back to the shop is not excusable. it's obvious when you make a mistake like that. a tech was moving the bike, didn't care, and made a mistake causing damage to your bike. they should have been upfront and honest about it from the get go, but instead they tried trickery and deceit and are now trying to cover their asses with a shiteating grin on their face with a $10 sticker after they damaged a $300 part.

if it was me and i was being an asshole, they would be replacing that entire side panel for me.

Old March 30th, 2015, 04:29 PM   #14
ryker
chaos theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
tell them you want your money back for the service they did previously, and if they don't you wont be coming back and instead will be telling everyone you know about what a ****** job they did ****ing up your fairings. and strongly encourage people to shop and spend elsewhere.

not only do they have insurance for this type of thing, but a repair shop causing damage and then having you spend your time and money to bring it back so they can fix a mistake that they should have not only copped up to when they caused the issue but fixed it before you got back to the shop is not excusable. it's obvious when you make a mistake like that. a tech was moving the bike, didn't care, and made a mistake causing damage to your bike. they should have been upfront and honest about it from the get go, but instead they tried trickery and deceit and are now trying to cover their asses with a shiteating grin on their face with a $10 sticker after they damaged a $300 part.

if it was me and i was being an asshole, they would be replacing that entire side panel for me.
Damn! I think we know who NOT to piss off!

Honestly I didn't feel being an a$$hole about it would help the situation....it's getting fixed and to me thats all I care about. Yeah somebody F***ed up and caused the damage and I agree it would have ben right to tell me, but $hit happens!

Don't get me wrong... I would have been a real a$$hole had they hesitated to fix it, but they didn't.

Old March 30th, 2015, 04:31 PM   #15
Ninjinsky
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Ninjinsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2015, 04:32 PM   #16
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryker View Post
Damn! I think we know who NOT to piss off!

Honestly I didn't feel being an a$$hole about it would help the situation....it's getting fixed and to me thats all I care about. Yeah somebody F***ed up and caused the damage and I agree it would have ben right to tell me, but $hit happens!

Don't get me wrong... I would have been a real a$$hole had they hesitated to fix it, but they didn't.
it's getting a bandaid put over it. its not getting fixed. keep that in mind.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.