ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old November 12th, 2014, 08:47 AM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
kid on N300 has poor reaction & reaction time

Not his fault per say but it should have been non issue IMO

Link to original page on YouTube.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2014, 08:51 AM   #2
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Looks like he fixated on the van and drifted right into it.

Old November 12th, 2014, 08:52 AM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
lucky there was a cop right there huh? i think he just had no idea how hard he could brake or turn

Old November 12th, 2014, 09:09 AM   #4
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): Turbo Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michigan View Post
Looks like he fixated on the van and drifted right into it.
Exactly! He should have been able to move over and slow down but looks like he fixated on it!
garth285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2014, 09:12 AM   #5
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
does he lock up the rear? It sounds like it but it is hard to see.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2014, 09:23 AM   #6
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
lucky there was a cop right there huh? i think he just had no idea how hard he could brake or turn
Yup - If he had braked sooner and/or harder and he could have avoided contact. He also could have used more of the road to the right to help avoid the collision. There was enough room on the right to ride right past if you absolutely had to.

A good reminder of where one car will mask the view for another that wants to merge into traffic, and the other driver assumes it's clear - when it's not...
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2014, 10:47 AM   #7
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
Not his fault per say but it should have been non issue IMO
He should have visited the Riding Skills section of this fine website: www.ninjette.org

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #8
Roark
ninjette.org sage

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninjette

Let's be sure to recognize the real person at fault- THE DRIVER!! Idiot, idiot, idiot..

Of course, target fixation and lack of swerving doesn't help it.

Old November 12th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #9
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Hahahaha! That video made me laugh. If I was that dumb I would have crashed soooo many times by now.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2014, 02:17 PM   #10
Worldtraveller
ninjette.org sage

Name: Lane

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 (trackbike), CBR600RR, GS500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Hahahaha! That video made me laugh. If I was that dumb I would have crashed soooo many times by now.
You're probably one of those people who find those 'dumbest video' shows entertaining. Well, let's hope you never do anything stupid.

Seriously, not every one reacts well in an emergency situation. Makin fun of/laughing at them is not how you make them safer/better riders.

If that person is on this website, we might even be able to offer constructive critique to help them live longer and be a safer rider.
Worldtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #11
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post
You're probably one of those people who find those 'dumbest video' shows entertaining. Well, let's hope you never do anything stupid.

Seriously, not every one reacts well in an emergency situation. Makin fun of/laughing at them is not how you make them safer/better riders.

If that person is on this website, we might even be able to offer constructive critique to help them live longer and be a safer rider.
Naw those shows are stupid.

I've done many stupid things but I make sure to do them when cameras aren't around.

That is not what I would consider an 'emergency situation'. I encounter situations like that on a daily basis. Drivers are terrible where I live so you have to assume each and everyone of them can't see you and pretend like they are trying to run you down. Just assume they will do the stupidest thing and plan your reactions before you need them.

My advice to that rider if they are on here: Stop riding. Take the MSF class. Buy at least a jacket. Practice braking and swerving before you go back out on the road. Pay attention to your surroundings. Always be aware of where cars are and what they might do at an intersection. When they are pulling out of a street like that, Look at their front wheels. That will tell you everything you need to know.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old November 13th, 2014, 09:26 AM   #12
indomie
ninjette.org member

Name: danny

Motorcycle(s): 2013 636

oh god....could have been avoided...anyways. at least the rider is fine.
indomie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #13
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Drift away from potential turners in front of you.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #14
Rogue
Hooligan

Name: Robin

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja EX300

I won't even get into his poor choice of riding gear...

It was quite apparent from the van drivers actions that they were going to turn into his path. It seems to me as if the rider needs to work on paying more attention to the traffic around him. Most drivers fail to notice motorcycles in general and they especially fail to notice small ones. He had plenty of time and space to either speed around the van to the right, or swerve right and brake hard. Either one of those maneuvers are basic MSF skills and things that everyone, regardless of seat time, should be practicing on a regular basis.

I don't even want to think about how many times drivers turning from side streets/exiting parking lot or simply inattention on their part could have taken me out had I not been paying close attention to the potential threats around me. Yes, it's clearly the drivers fault, but it's also something the rider could have avoided.

Qui patiens est, teres. Teres est, ieiunare. | Twitter: @Rogue_300
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2014, 10:13 AM   #15
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

those capris though

Last futzed with by Old Lemon; November 13th, 2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 13th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #16
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
That is not what I would consider an 'emergency situation'. I encounter situations like that on a daily basis. Drivers are terrible where I live so you have to assume each and everyone of them can't see you and pretend like they are trying to run you down. Just assume they will do the stupidest thing and plan your reactions before you need them.

My advice to that rider if they are on here: Stop riding. Take the MSF class. Buy at least a jacket. Practice braking and swerving before you go back out on the road. Pay attention to your surroundings. Always be aware of where cars are and what they might do at an intersection. When they are pulling out of a street like that, Look at their front wheels. That will tell you everything you need to know.
Well put.

Any car sitting at a junction, waiting to turn into my lane is enough of a potential threat to prompt me to cover my brakes, swerve a little in my lane to get the attention of the driver, adjust my speed so that I can easily stop if I need to and check my mirrors to see if it's possible I'll get rear ended if I have to brake. I do all of that and more every single time I pass a car at a junction: it's just habit now and it has saved me a ton of money in motorcycle repair bills!

The kid is clearly new to riding. Makes me cringe at the thought of how I probably rode my bike when I first bought it. I'd like to think I had a little more sense than that. I hope he finds his way soon. It's so tragic when people that young loose their life on bikes.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote