ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 5th, 2014, 10:10 PM   #1
Vad18
ninjette.org member

Name: Vadim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Chinese Ebay Fender Eliminator

So I did not make any closeups of the eliminator, but I could later tommorow. I just have a general look from behind the bike. But to start off, the eliminator cost $56.55. Took 9 days to get from china to Washington, and was packaged well. There was no manual, but that was stated in the AD, but it came with a LED plate light, all bolts and extras required to fit the eliminator, and the kit it self. I had some trouble assembling since there was no guide, but I went back to the page where I bought it, and just looked at the factory pictures, which did help. The fit looks great, just had to cut wires for the plate light to refit to the LEDs. Other than that you can use the stock signals, but the brackets that hold the signals don't really look good since they were tilted to inward making the signals turn towards the bike, \-/ like that instead of the stock -=-, I had to drill a bit to make the brackets go on a bit straighter, so now the signals go like this, /=\. It looks good, the plate LED lights looks cheap but its really bright. The only downside is that the light does not seem to really shine on the plate as much, but instead shine out like the brake light. But it makes me be seen better at night.

BEFORE KIT:

Heres the link to the item: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300757267716...84.m1439.l2649

This is what the bike looks like with it:

Vad18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2014, 10:24 PM   #2
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Oh excellent! That's one I've been looking at.

Overall how does it fit against the tail light and undertail? I'd really like a close up picture of the edges that come up to be against the cover of the tail light (my undertail has broken there so this was one of the only kits I found that covers the hole I have).

Is it possible to bend the license plate light down to shine more on the plate vs out behind you?
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #3
Vad18
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Oh excellent! That's one I've been looking at.

Overall how does it fit against the tail light and undertail? I'd really like a close up picture of the edges that come up to be against the cover of the tail light (my undertail has broken there so this was one of the only kits I found that covers the hole I have).

Is it possible to bend the license plate light down to shine more on the plate vs out behind you?
I will post some closeups tommorow since its too dark right now, but it fit great on the bottom, my undertail was cracked also, thus why I changed, but the fit is good. The top piece of the tail fits okay, but you know the clip ons that are on the rear fender, its like the side piece of the bike which had the 3 slip ons, well when you remove the rear fender, you lose the "grip" for the rear plastics, because one half of the clip on is on the fender, but, it does not really hold it on well with the stock fender anyways, its more of a support, its still held by all the bolts so there is no problem. The tail you probably could bend, I just don't mind it. Also where the license plate goes, the bracket, I had to trim it off like an inch on each since because it looked like this <=[the plate]=>, but now since its trimmed, you only see the plate and not the extra metal.

Old May 6th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #4
Vad18
ninjette.org member

Here are some closer shots:

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old May 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Perfect! Thank you!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote