ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 General Discussion

Old March 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

New 300 owner!

Made a call to a dealer yesterday asking about the price of the 300. Dealer told me I'd have to go down there to talk numbers, so I took the trip down there to go check out the bikes. Long story short, I ended up leaving with one. Feel free to hate, but I think the white is the absolute best looking color ever. I'm pretty excited to have a bike again. And best part is that this bike is really my bike. Picked it up with 0 miles. I am the first and only rider of the bike! Hooray for maintenance history! Anyways, I'm sure you all would rather see pictures instead of me go on and on, so here you are!

Aurodox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #2
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Awww, congrats! I love the white color as well and think it's the best color too (I wish there was an ABS option for the white). If you do not mind me asking, what was the OTD?
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Byakkotai
ninjette.org guru

Name: Roger

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300

Yes, I like this color too hehe...nice job capturing the "pearl" aspect of this color

Time to put some miles on...like today!
Byakkotai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Congratulations, Drew !!!

...........and many miles of pure joy.........

Last futzed with by Motofool; May 9th, 2013 at 06:12 AM.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #5
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Sweet looking bike.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #6
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Thanks all! OTD price for this was 6, which I thought was a pretty good deal given the fact that riding season is here in CA.

Old March 24th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #7
superflytako
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS, 2013 Ninja 300 ABS (RIP), 2015 FZ-09 (sold)

Congrats man, sweet looking bike you got
superflytako is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #8
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Congrats on a great lookin ride
JohnnyBravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #9
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
The black is $400 cheaper
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
The black is $400 cheaper
I've officially been Jiggled.

Old April 3rd, 2013, 03:05 AM   #11
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Congratulations!!! She's a beauty

Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:12 AM   #12
Darling Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Annette

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 ABS

Congrats!!

I'm actually waiting for a call back from Bert's to see if they can beat the OTD quote I got from Del Amo. Hoping they can do it.

Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM   #13
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darling Ninja View Post
Congrats!!

I'm actually waiting for a call back from Bert's to see if they can beat the OTD quote I got from Del Amo. Hoping they can do it.
Best of luck! If you don't mind me asking what is the OTD price they are trying to beat? I'm not from Azusa so I actually took a trip down to Bert's and they were super accommodating. They also gave us a better price than what the local dealer wanted. A day after the purchase my rear turn signal bulb burnt out, so I emailed my salesman and he mailed me a replacement. Super happy with the service at Bert's!

Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #14
Darling Ninja
ninjette.org guru

^^^No, I don't mind.

Del Amo's OTD quotes:

White non-ABS (5,400)
Green ABS (6,000)

Bert's said that Del Amo's quote was aggressive and they didn't think they could beat it, but they'd try.

I also called a dealer in Santa Monica and they guy told me they only have black ones. He told me to call back next week when he will receive a new shipment, and he'll try to beat the price.

Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:30 PM   #15
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Quote:
^^^No, I don't mind.

Del Amo's OTD quotes:

White non-ABS (5,400)
Green ABS (6,000)

Bert's said that Del Amo's quote was aggressive and they didn't think they could beat it, but they'd try.

I also called a dealer in Santa Monica and they guy told me they only have black ones. He told me to call back next week when he will receive a new shipment, and he'll try to beat the price.
Those are some excellent prices!! Especially considering that riding season has started in CA. Good job on the find!

Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:35 PM   #16
tfkrocks

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Man, I wish I could've paid $6k for a 300. That's a sweet price!
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:14 PM   #17
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Got my Green hornet OTD $5883... Happy happy happy

Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:43 PM   #18
drbyatch
ninjette.org member

Name: Heath

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

odometer at 0 ?

in Australia the RTA ( DMV ) or replace with your local goverment body motor vehicle registry, have to put their grubby hands on it testing.

so all vehicles have 11-12 kms on them even if the dealer hasn't moved it a nano meter.
drbyatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2013, 06:28 AM   #19
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Got my Green hornet OTD $5883... Happy happy happy
You need to update your profile.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #20
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Talking

The DMV here required the title to say 1mile... But the odometer read 0 when I hopped on it ...
Ill look into the changin of the profile sir

Old April 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #21
aeroblade
Doh!

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Congrats buddy! White is the perfect color for the 300!
aeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #22
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbyatch View Post
odometer at 0 ?

in Australia the RTA ( DMV ) or replace with your local goverment body motor vehicle registry, have to put their grubby hands on it testing.

so all vehicles have 11-12 kms on them even if the dealer hasn't moved it a nano meter.
That's not ideal. I guess they are more hands on than the US government. I know that every bike here has to pass certain regulations and what not, but I'm not sure of the process. Though my odometer said 0, there was ~0.3 miles on the odo when I bought it. My trip meter said 0.7 while the odo said 1. Not a big deal, but that 0 number sure is sexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroblade View Post
Congrats buddy! White is the perfect color for the 300!
I agree! Thanks everyone

@JohnnyBravo: Congrats on your purchase. Make a thread to show it off!

Old April 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #23
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
@Aurodox I just may when I learn how to better navigate forums

Old April 4th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #24
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Grats man, looks good! Couldn't help but laugh a little at the fact that they used the whole "we can't talk numbers until you come here" bit AND that it actually worked and got them a sale but hey! if you're happy with it, guess that's all that matters!

Old April 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #25
Darling Ninja
ninjette.org guru

@Aurodox - Did you pay cash or finance? I will be financing if I end up getting it.

Old April 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #26
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
Grats man, looks good! Couldn't help but laugh a little at the fact that they used the whole "we can't talk numbers until you come here" bit AND that it actually worked and got them a sale but hey! if you're happy with it, guess that's all that matters!
You say it like it's a bad thing. I'm not a fan of acting dissinterested when trying to buy something. I'm not manipulative kind of person. If they can cut me deal, I'll gladly buy from them. I don't feel the need to act dissinterested because bottom line, if I wasn't interested I wouldn't be calling asking them in the first place. I know my limits, and they gave me a better deal than locally.

Quote:
@Aurodox - Did you pay cash or finance? I will be financing if I end up getting it.
Financed. Kawasakis interest rate isn't bad at the moment.

Old April 6th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #27
codythomashunsberger
ninjette.org member

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): None as of yet

The jealousy tears are streaming down my sad little bikeless face.

Congrats! The white ones are absolutely the best color. I sat on a 300 at a bike convention last month and it only made my desire for one burn stronger.
codythomashunsberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #28
NewbieNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Yue Pheng

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r, 2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

MHmm.. I'm actually considering one.. too much good reviews. Currently selling my GSX-R600 to a buddy because hes needs a means of transportation. I'm trying to figure if this would be a downgrade or an upgrade.
NewbieNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #29
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Depends on why you ride. I live for the twisties. It is a a fun economical bike and will have no problem keeping up with 600cc bikes in the twisties but on the freeway...

Edit: it is a good bike on the freeway it is just not going to keep up with 600+cc bikes going WOT
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #30
Aurodox
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieNinja View Post
MHmm.. I'm actually considering one.. too much good reviews. Currently selling my GSX-R600 to a buddy because hes needs a means of transportation. I'm trying to figure if this would be a downgrade or an upgrade.
Depends on what riding means to you. I'm assuming the GSX-R600 is a super sport. I used to ride a CBR600RR before I got the 300. No doubt about it, the CBR is wayyy faster than the 300. The suspension on the CBR sucked however. The seat was practically made of concrete. Overall the bike was very uncomfortable, but very fun to ride. I sat on a friends GSX-R750 which was very soft and comfortable. The 300 is fairly comfortable. I just went on an hour long ride around and it wasn't too bad at all. A lot better than my CBR. The 300 isn't a super sport though, so if you absolutely need to go mach 1 in a few seconds, this isn't the bike for you. Everyone always told me when I was riding that you needed the power of a supersport to get you out of hairy situations... I now disagree. The 300 is on par with a nice performing car. If you can drive a car that has more power than most on the road without needing more power to get out of hairy situations, I would conclude that a bike that is faster than most vehicles on the road will do just fine as well. The 300 isn't slow, it just doesn't accelerate like a fighter jet. People have said that the brakes are trash. I find that the brakes work just fine for my needs. I'm not a track guy, but I've done a few emergency stops and have never felt that I needed more braking power. Overall, I'd recommend the ninja 300 if you are a confident rider who enjoys riding for riding. If you feel that you need the power of a super sport to be cool or to fit in, maybe this might not be the bike for you. But if you do feel like you need tons of power to be cool, you may have some other issues.

Hope this little rambling helps you out. I'd definitely go test ride one if at all possible. I test rode it to see if it could do highway speeds. Oh can it ever. I was doing an indicated 80-90 earlier and the bike was loving it. People also say that the smaller bikes get blown around by wind...While it was windy, especially when passing trucks, I do not understand how a bike can be blown around by wind. Perhaps its the fact that I weigh ~215, or perhaps it's cause I've been on bikes since a young age, but I am yet to have a gust of wind physically control where my bike goes. I'm just always unconsciously countersteering with every little gust that hits me.

Hope it helps.

Old April 6th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #31
NewbieNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Yue Pheng

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r, 2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurodox View Post
Depends on what riding means to you. I'm assuming the GSX-R600 is a super sport. I used to ride a CBR600RR before I got the 300. No doubt about it, the CBR is wayyy faster than the 300. The suspension on the CBR sucked however. The seat was practically made of concrete. Overall the bike was very uncomfortable, but very fun to ride. I sat on a friends GSX-R750 which was very soft and comfortable. The 300 is fairly comfortable. I just went on an hour long ride around and it wasn't too bad at all. A lot better than my CBR. The 300 isn't a super sport though, so if you absolutely need to go mach 1 in a few seconds, this isn't the bike for you. Everyone always told me when I was riding that you needed the power of a supersport to get you out of hairy situations... I now disagree. The 300 is on par with a nice performing car. If you can drive a car that has more power than most on the road without needing more power to get out of hairy situations, I would conclude that a bike that is faster than most vehicles on the road will do just fine as well. The 300 isn't slow, it just doesn't accelerate like a fighter jet. People have said that the brakes are trash. I find that the brakes work just fine for my needs. I'm not a track guy, but I've done a few emergency stops and have never felt that I needed more braking power. Overall, I'd recommend the ninja 300 if you are a confident rider who enjoys riding for riding. If you feel that you need the power of a super sport to be cool or to fit in, maybe this might not be the bike for you. But if you do feel like you need tons of power to be cool, you may have some other issues.

Hope this little rambling helps you out. I'd definitely go test ride one if at all possible. I test rode it to see if it could do highway speeds. Oh can it ever. I was doing an indicated 80-90 earlier and the bike was loving it. People also say that the smaller bikes get blown around by wind...While it was windy, especially when passing trucks, I do not understand how a bike can be blown around by wind. Perhaps its the fact that I weigh ~215, or perhaps it's cause I've been on bikes since a young age, but I am yet to have a gust of wind physically control where my bike goes. I'm just always unconsciously countersteering with every little gust that hits me.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the comment, all I use it for is commuting 15mins to and from work.. Sounds like the 300 could get that do for a cheaper price. Now, I just have to see whats up with the CBR500r
NewbieNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 6th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #32
Xplorguy
ninjette.org member

Name: Norman

Motorcycle(s): BMW K12RS, DL650 , New 2013 "WonderBike" Ninja300SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieNinja View Post
Thanks for the comment, all I use it for is commuting 15mins to and from work.. Sounds like the 300 could get that do for a cheaper price. Now, I just have to see whats up with the CBR500r
NewbieNinja! You need to take a 300 for a ride...you will know right away whether or not it is for you. Yes, the 500's are coming and in three different flavors at that...full fairing, naked, and adventure poser......but they are more money and won't have the character of the new 300...........
Xplorguy is offline   Reply With Quote