ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old July 25th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #41
pjed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2006 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2017 Kawasaki Z900

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
Well i got my shock installed all stock, it would be interesting to here from PJED as he was at the track day with me 2 weeks ago.
Didn't get to it and won't for a few weeks.
pjed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #42
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
Awesome, thanks for the input! If you think its too twitchy, you can always drop the forks down in the forks a few mm and that should help. Do you think a slightly longer dogbone would be better (this would reduce the amount the rear is raised).

Was the fitment with everything acceptable?
Honestly, I have little to no issue with the twitchiness of the bike as of yet. Its there but not enough of an issue currently to worry about. I planned on getting a GSXR shock sometime in the future which will bring the geometry back down a little and likely calm the bike a little bit.

That and the front end, I think front end confidence becomes even more necessary with the changes putting more load on the front. Neither of these have any bearing on the links themselves. I may try and get the bike on the track next month and really push the bike to see what the changes are like on the limit.

Fitment was fine in terms of bore sizing and spacing. Once I had the new hardware it went together fairly smoothly. I did have a little issue with the oring/sleeve wanting to push out with the bolts a bit but I think it was due to the longer fastener and the angle necessary to slide it it.

Still pretty happy with them and think they are a great addition to the bike for those willing to accept the compromises.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #43
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I haven't installed them yet but I do have some feedback:

I think mine has more milling/machining imperfections than most. It's no big deal, but it might be something to look at more closely when actual production starts. My brother showed up last night, found them sitting on my shelf, and, without even knowing what they were or what they were for, commented that they would probably crack. He wrongly thought that the rounded exterior was load-bearing but there is a line of material I need to file off inside at least one of the eyelets (as if the milling bit went in a big circle to make the hole but didn't go quite far enough and left a tiny sliver of a "tooth" in the otherwise-round eyelet). I haven't looked at the second set yet.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #44
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

They were roughly waterjet cut, most likely resulting in the lip that you see (and missed when I deburred them). The factor of safety in the material is large enough that they'd need to see insane amounts of load to fatigue them to failure. I can send data if you're concerned

The final products will be much more polished, and cleaner. These are development parts and I'm really just looking for feedback before I make final adjustments. Those who bought in to the development parts will be able to upgrade for free to the v2 links.

Keep the feedback comin!
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #45
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

Quote:
They were roughly waterjet cut, most likely resulting in the lip that you see (and missed when I deburred them). The factor of safety in the material is large enough that they'd need to see insane amounts of load to fatigue them to failure. I can send data if you're concerned

The final products will be much more polished, and cleaner. These are development parts and I'm really just looking for feedback before I make final adjustments. Those who bought in to the development parts will be able to upgrade for free to the v2 links.

Keep the feedback comin!
I was going to ask if they were waterjetted as I noticed the rough finish that waterjetting usually leaves, almost like a casted aluminum finish.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #46
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Y u no give me dogbones this past weekend?

Old July 26th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #47
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:

Keep the feedback comin!
Pretty sweet deal there with the v2 links.

Old July 26th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #48
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:

Keep the feedback comin!
Oh, I'm not concerned.

It's not like a lip, but more like a tooth on the inside of one tiny part of the circumference that goes most of the depth of the eyelet hole. I imagine that it once went the full depth but you saw it and deburred it on one side. If the only difference may be the level of polish, then I am perfectly happy and will not be asking for V2.

I'll be sure to send you some before/after shots of the pregen frame with/without the dogbones (newgen suspension). I'll probably drop the front forks a bit and take a shot of that too because the newgen tires/suspension probably raise the rear a bit more as it is.

Old July 26th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #49
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Y u no give me dogbones this past weekend?
I had them in my bag, but you were too busy sleeping instead of racing.
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #50
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
@CZroe, hit me up later in a pm. I'll send you measurements from my bike so you have a gauge of how high/loa each end of your bike is. My tail is raised like 2ish(?) inches and my front is dropped about .25 inches. Very quick to turn in, never unstable, even under hard braking. Its a good setup and I think you'll like it.
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 10th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #51
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Any chance you have run these in production? I am looking for a set now that my 250 is officially functional shape again!
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #52
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Oh, I'm not concerned.

It's not like a lip, but more like a tooth on the inside of one tiny part of the circumference that goes most of the depth of the eyelet hole. I imagine that it once went the full depth but you saw it and deburred it on one side. If the only difference may be the level of polish, then I am perfectly happy and will not be asking for V2.

I'll be sure to send you some before/after shots of the pregen frame with/without the dogbones (newgen suspension). I'll probably drop the front forks a bit and take a shot of that too because the newgen tires/suspension probably raise the rear a bit more as it is.
OK, when I installed them this "tooth" made it so I could only install that particular dogbone on the nut side (unthreaded shaft/shoulder part of the bolts would not fit through). The threads would pass through easily enough (just turn the bolt a few times). These are thicker than the OEM dogbones that the bolts are sized for, which leaves me less protruding threads for my locking nuts. I don't know how many threads they need to lock securely. There was plenty of thread to snug it up but the nuts have unused thread (bolts aren't long enough to thread all the way through).

Pics coming.

Old November 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #53
CZroe
CPT Falcon

OK, I don't have a good image editing program for sizing and aligning these by the frame, but the images of the newgen swingarm with and without the shorter dogbones is close enough to toggle and see the difference. The front wheel was in a completely different position for the pregen swingarm, but you can see that the distance between the tire and the frame was about the same as the newgen swingarm and wheel. It looks like @choneofakind is right: the aspect ratio difference negates the extra inch of tire size and they end up being the same diameter (never doubted you, dude. 'just didn't know the math/numbers!).

When you toggle the images with and without the shorter dogbones there is an little lift with them. Looks like maybe an inch. Definitely not too extreme. Hopefully it's enough for a hugger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newgen_raised.jpg (151.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg newgen_stock.jpg (145.1 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg pregen_stock.jpg (109.9 KB, 45 views)

Old November 26th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #54
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Hopefully it's enough for a hugger.
Should be. You'll have to trim the undertail a little like I did. Check out my pictures and the pregen hugger thread to see what i did to get mine to fit. At least with a newgen swingarm, the hard part of physically attaching the hugger is much easier.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #55
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Name: Abhijit

Motorcycle(s): Many Two Wheels ..

Steve - sent you an email with some questions. I would like to get a set. Please reply whenever you get some time.
[ex-AFM #828 | SMUSA #828 |
Sponsors : MotionPro | LeoVince | Insurrection Racing Gloves | QstarZ Laptimers
+ OEM Parts @ 30-40% OFF : Harry @ 1-877-437-1631,17 harry@hondaeasttoledo.com
abhijitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #56
!!(0_o)!!
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 03 ex250

Email sent
!!(0_o)!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #57
quarterliter
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Sorry for reviving an old post but does anyone has a measurement from eye to eye on these? Reason I'm asking is because I have a set of links in my garage that may work...
quarterliter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #58
NorCal_250R
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 650R, 08 Ninja 250R, 00 Aprilia SR50 (dead)

Any of these dog bones left?
NorCal_250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #59
tac12345
ninjette.org member

Name: Alexandre

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 09 SE

Bump for leftover.
tac12345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #60
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

any more of these? I like them so much on one bike I want some more lol

Old December 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #61
mayonaise_invasion
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): '01 EX250

Not to beat a dead horse, but any of these still laying around?
mayonaise_invasion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #62
DCMoney
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 1198s, Triumph D675, Suzuki SV1000s, `08 Ninja 250, `11 Ninja 250, Suzuki GS750

Also interested if you have any left over or plan on doing another run.

Thanks!

Old January 28th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #63
Josh_kcco
ninjette.org guru

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): '04 Ninja 250R

new or pregen 250?
Josh_kcco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #64
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
I got them on my 08 250, and they helped greatly.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2014, 03:44 PM   #65
mayonaise_invasion
ninjette.org member

pregen. Id like to lift the ass end of my 01. the internet is flooded with lowering links but the only riser options is soupys. having a hard time justifying $100 plus shipping

Old January 29th, 2014, 12:48 AM   #66
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayonaise_invasion View Post
pregen. Id like to lift the ass end of my 01. the internet is flooded with lowering links but the only riser options is soupys. having a hard time justifying $100 plus shipping

best name ever... I think

Old January 29th, 2014, 04:55 AM   #67
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post
I'm tempted at $25 to just buy these, I guess I'll just have to experiment with the new handling if I do.

But if any one can confirm these provide any additional amount of legroom between seat and pegs I'll purchase them for sure.
For those looking for more room between the food pegs and the tank I use Buell drop pegs. One inch drop pegs are perfect.

Brake and shift lever need to be modified a little and the pegs themselves need a little work. The hole needs a little cramming and they need to be filed down just a little.

But my long legs go under the bulge in the tank. Make the bike feel great. They Are expensive 85 bucks. But come in colors

Old April 24th, 2014, 06:25 PM   #68
mayonaise_invasion
ninjette.org member

for anyone that is looking for pregen adjustable dogbone that can both lower and raise the bike, just like the soupys dogbones, but dont wanna pay the $100 and want cool colors, I have found the answer. thread coming soon!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:23 AM   #69
DCMoney
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 1198s, Triumph D675, Suzuki SV1000s, `08 Ninja 250, `11 Ninja 250, Suzuki GS750

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayonaise_invasion View Post
for anyone that is looking for pregen adjustable dogbone that can both lower and raise the bike, just like the soupys dogbones, but dont wanna pay the $100 and want cool colors, I have found the answer. thread coming soon!
I did this a while ago.

Bought enough to do 5 sets for me and my friends came out to less than $27 a set. Not really worth it when you have these for $17.

Old October 8th, 2014, 12:43 PM   #70
ninja2007
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja

http://burkhartcycle.com/store/index...roducts_id=204

On this page, they say they only fit 2008-2012 ninja's. Did the bolt diameter change from the Pre-gen's?

Thanks,

Zach
ninja2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2015, 10:25 AM   #71
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMoney View Post
Not really worth it when you have these for $17.
There's a price that's hard to argue with. Thank you for the pointer!

Old November 20th, 2015, 01:59 PM   #72
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Name: Abhijit

Motorcycle(s): Many Two Wheels ..

When @Rexbo/Steve made these, those 17$ were not available. Infact, he spent a lot of time researching and designing one. If i am not mistaken, the gixxer mod was his idea. True, the 17$ works good.
[ex-AFM #828 | SMUSA #828 |
Sponsors : MotionPro | LeoVince | Insurrection Racing Gloves | QstarZ Laptimers
+ OEM Parts @ 30-40% OFF : Harry @ 1-877-437-1631,17 harry@hondaeasttoledo.com
abhijitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 20th, 2015, 02:28 PM   #73
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitz View Post
When @Rexbo/Steve made these, those 17$ were not available. Infact, he spent a lot of time researching and designing one. If i am not mistaken, the gixxer mod was his idea. True, the 17$ works good.
The thread does cover a solid 3 years from initial post to present discussion. If you're reading through threads about that rear shock mod and using the search function, you tend to end up here - like I did. In that scenario, it's pretty useful to have an up to date source.

Old November 21st, 2015, 01:16 PM   #74
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Just for future reference, FOG on the 500 forum sells dogbones too. The only difference between the Gen2 500 and NewGen bones should be the length (which he can custom make to anything you want). His are more expensive, but he also puts a little bow in the middle of them, so slightly larger springs will fit without any spacing. I'm sure it wouldn't be enough to fit the GSXR shock, but it does allow the 500 to use the SV650 shock.

If you run out of other options, this is another way you could go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2nd%20gen%20DB.jpg (54.9 KB, 6 views)

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2016, 05:51 AM   #75
bikehor
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Triumph STR, 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 VRSCDX

still available?

I tried ordering from burkhart cycle... sketchy. Google them if you're curious.

Anyway, I did the GSXR rear shock mod and now want to raise my bike back up to at least stock height and maybe a bit more. Is anyone still making these dog bones? or have a set lying around that I could purchase? Track season is starting here in a month so I'd like to have the bike back together by then.

Thanks

-Bob
bikehor is offline   Reply With Quote