They like noobs as much as that 250r.org

I think you better stay here with family. Family nevers tells ya to leave
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #42
lockie
ninjette.org sage

Name: don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250R

Hard to add to all the posts but to say thanks to Kelly and Alex and all the veterans here. I hadn't ridden a bike in more than 30 years until this spring and this place has helped my confidence greatly. I can actually talk to the service manager at my dealer with some authority and that breeds respect.

And respect is what I see here. We all have opinions and a, at times, off beat sense of humour but we return the respect and tolerance we get here in most all of the posts. It's a kinder, gentler community in my humble opinion. And by the way.... it's a Canadian thing.
lockie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #43
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

I'd like to think I'm doing a good job of this pay it forward thing now - I've helped several others through pms get their bikes repaired, and "Kim's Garage" is open to anyone in the area who needs tools or help working on their bikes...
Kelly, you know I love you - and we wouldn't be anywhere without Alex!

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #44
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I left that site and started posting on Kawiforums. For many months, it was my life… learning new things about the bike and helping those new to the sport and eager to mod their bikes. It felt good being on the cutting edge of mods for the new gen that no one else had ever done… trial and error… trial and error, but we learned together. I have made some very good friends there, but the 250 forum lacked direction and structure, so I asked for help and would frequently PM the moderators there. There needed to be someone in charge to help grow/mature that forum, but the people in charge were reluctant to have a 250 only moderator. I asked for a separate 250 technical subforum and was denied several times.

Then in the summer, there was a huge influx of newbies there that simply would not search for the most basic of information. It quickly got very old to repeat endlessly the same newbie questions that turned up. The problem was that the forum was so popular, there would be countless new members asking the same questions over and over, day after day. I appealed to the moderators to do something that would help the situation, but help never materialized.

Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #45
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

I've been passing on the ninjette love by teaching a couple friends to ride using my 250.
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 24th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #46
kazam58
Sarcasm: Yea that'll work

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

I think everyone else has pretty much covered anything I could've said, so I'll just say thank you, to Kelly, Alex, and all the veterans out there who actually know how to work on a motorcycle. I'm no mechanic and I don't live near anyone that I know of on this forum (within a few hours ride) and so it's difficult for me to really pay you guys back. Hopefully my infrequent input does some could and will increase with time.

Old June 25th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #47
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Wow...Is it ok for a guy to be super sensitive? I'm so touched by your post Kelly.
I think everyone here can agree that I've made the most post in a very short period for a newbie.
Like you Kelly, I wanted to do some research into the bike I was getting so I searched the net and came across the ninja250.org forum. But before all this I was originally looking to buy a Suzuki SV650. I signed up at svriders.com and posted there for weeks. One of the guys there was really nice. He taught me some of the things I needed to know before buying a bike. His name was Manual. He was the one who suggested that I look into the ninja 250. He even gave me his number and we spoke a few times regarding my search for the perfect beginner bike. That's how I started to google for Ninja 250 forums. The ninja250.org site is great in its own ways. I didn't register under there because I found it was difficult to navigate and the lay-out threw me off. I continued to search for that perfect forum and came acrossed the ninjette.org. It didn't take me long to register and post. I found kawiforums by following the link in the seat cowl mod thread. Although, that site has a lot of info I don't have the same feeling I have here. It feels like home here. I feel close to most of the member on here. I found that the people here are easy going, always trying to help and most of all straightforward. This forum has ton of information and useful DIY's that guys like me (never been on a bike) can follow. Sometimes I want to give back by posting DIY but after my first DIY (fender elim), I realized that my writing is horrible and the structure is very unorganized. I jump from A to D and back to B. Next time, I will take my time so that others can easily follow without getting confused.
Thank you, Kelly, for sharing your knowledge and experiences.
Thank you, Alex, for keeping this site going strong.
Thanks everyone for making newbies like me feel welcoming and not intimidated.
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #48
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
This forum has ton of information and useful DIY's that guys like me (never been on a bike) can follow. Sometimes I want to give back by posting DIY but after my first DIY (fender elim), I realized that my writing is horrible and the structure is very unorganized. I jump from A to D and back to B. Next time, I will take my time so that others can easily follow without getting confused.
Tin, you can always PM some of us for help with the DIYs, I've emailed and PMd Kelly several times to look over the ones I've written - it's always a good idea to have another set of eyes look over something!

Old June 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM   #49
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
Tin, you can always PM some of us for help with the DIYs, I've emailed and PMd Kelly several times to look over the ones I've written - it's always a good idea to have another set of eyes look over something!
Thanks Kim.
I will do that in the future.
The thing with me is that I tend to rush into things.
Now that I have ur permission, you will see a lot of bugging (is this even a word) from me.

Another day down....one more to go...
It's time for me to leave this stressful environment.
Actually, I don't think it's stressful if I can post on here.
On days that I don't post, you know what kind of stress I have to endure.
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #50
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

I would also like to chime in and applaud KKIM, Alex and Ninjette.org for its friendliness and inclusiveness that is just as important as the techno questions/answers that you can find in here. (sometimes I've noted a small "click" ) but in comparison to other sites a very minor matter... again I applaud the membership of Ninjette.org as a whole
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 01:54 PM   #51
Neema12
ninjette.org member

Name: Neema

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

I am relatively new to motorcycles and find all forums to be somewhat helpful, but find myself more attracted to this forum because of its users maturity and growing pre-gen market

On a more personal approach, I would like to thank kkim for helping me behind the scenes I was able to work on my bike and do some mechanical things I otherwise would have never attempted. Thanks

I plan on contributing to this forum in many ways and eventually becoming a 250 owner who can give back in the same ways the vets here have. I am actually recording all of the work I am doing to aid the visual owners who need more pictures to help them work on their bike (like me).

Thanks Ninjette!

Old June 25th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #52
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

What are you doing Saturday Neema, are you going to join us in Livermore?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #53
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

Nice write up Kelly. I can hear the passion in your words, and thanks for the invite.. I probably would not have joined ninjette.org when I did had it not been for your PM you sent to me on KF

to be honest, I'm so tired of KF, that I'm probably going to stop posting there ever again.. and there are many reasons why..

And that's one reason why I'm on this forum the most + the many many other reasons I can think of
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #54
Neema12
ninjette.org member

Name: Neema

Quote:
What are you doing Saturday Neema, are you going to join us in Livermore?
I would LOVE too! But I am not ready, im an ultra nOOb

I actually have never ridden a motorcycle above 100cc's in my life. I dont even have a permit. However, I am signed up for my MSF course late July.

Until then I have been active on the forums to fix my bike.

I am posting a journal and introduction once I get some pictures on my computer, but to sum up my story... I purchased a running but unhealthy 02' 250 two weeks ago and am currently taking the bike apart and fixing it up to run healthy and happy!

I have been purchasing my gear the past few days so I should be all ready by late July. However, I doubt I will be able to hit the roads or even ride in a group for weeks because of my skill level... I would love to just come hang out and make new 250 friends. Maybe have cold waters ready at the next stop for everyone Just kidding!

Good luck riding and be safe

Old June 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM   #55
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Everybody has done said it, so there is really no reason for me to say it again. UNLESS, ya'll want me to say it again, i which case I will. BUT, I don't think I will at this point.

But, (I know another but, but this one is smaller than the last one) I have learned a lot on here, whether its about riding, gear, somebody's baby or how human nature can take a conversation about motorcycle parts and turn it into a woman's anatomy lesson.

Thanks to all

nb

Old June 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #56
Ohh Snap
420 President

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja grass color

wow your so amazing.

<3 no homo.
Ohh Snap is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #57
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

OK ill admit it. I havent even tried to read all the posts here. Thank again Kelly, You had to PM me a couple time on that "other site" and you coerced me into coming here long ago. Yes I stop by the other place once in a while but this is the one I love. Alex keeps things under control ( A BIG Thank You for that ) and this has grown into THE BEST 250 Forum. To both of you I say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK and most of all THANK YOU.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM   #58
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

I was going to write a big ol story about my immersion into the 250 community, but I'll just keep it simple and quick.

Kelly, your the man.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #59
kkim

Thank you all for the kind words and kudos , but that was not the intent when this was written. My objective was to answer people's questions about why I was on a mission to recruit so many new members here and also to pay my respects to Alex as an outstanding admin/owner of this site. He works tirelessly behind the scenes and if anyone here deserves kudos and thanks, it's him.

He's given me the freedom to be a rabid an enthusiast that I want to be with regards to the 250R and for that I cannot ever thank him enough. (just don't tell him I said so )

But, I must emphasize, if you take one point from my original post it should be... please be on the lookout for more quality people to join us here and extend an invitation when you find them. With that in mind, we can repay Alex with a quality forum to standards never before achieved on any 250 Ninja forum. He deserves that... we all do.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #60
Verus Cidere

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Maybe we should make some kind of ninjette business card that we can give to ninjette riders we meet on the road? Couldn't hurt right? Just a little piece of paper we can give that gives a little information on the site? I'm sure some of our skilled photoshop/gimp-lovers can whip up something and post it that everyone can print out and have on hand. Probably cheaper than making cards huh? Just a thought...

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #61
kkim

We used to have the same thing over on a car forum I was on. It was a pre printed card that was part of a welcome packet everyone got when they became a paying member. If you saw a car that you thought the owner would like becoming a member of that forum, you stuck it under their wiper. It contained a greeting message and the web address of the forum.

A online version would work just as well that we could print from our own printers. good idea!

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #62
Verus Cidere

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Thanks! Now where is Sunny? She could make an amazing printable intro page for us, but I haven't seen her in a while!

Old June 26th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #63
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
They like boobs as much as that 250r.org

I think you better stay here with family. Family nevers tells ya to leave
It's OK with me.

Old June 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #64
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

how bout this. I have it in pub can make it a tif or jpeg whatever
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninjette card.jpg (27.4 KB, 6 views)

Old June 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #65
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

+1
Thanks for the original invite Kelly.

I believe you sent it not long after I received a very nasty, and very public response on KF for asking an honest question.... the topic may have been old, but the question I believe was a new one. Got my feelings hurt

I know I have taken, and given a little. For myself, the first year is probably more asking questions and absorbing info, and the answering comes with the knowledge and confidence.

Gotta say thanks to Alex too, for all of THIS, and for inviting me on group rides..... wish you weren't so far away, but I'll find a way for one of them at least!
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #66
richierich781
Future Hall of Famer

Name: rich

Motorcycle(s): 2010 yamaha fz6r raven

Nice post! Through searching like kkim, i first landed on kawi forums, i really didnt like their formatting and some of the members there were quick to flame someone, specially the noobies. Then i found you guys and have never left since. I'm pretty much very new to motorcycling. I bought my bike april 09 and do not have a clue other than knowing how to ride one by taking the msf course. I have learned a lot through the help of the members here about my bike. Well the only thing i can really say is keep up the great job everyone and hopefully I learn a lot more from you guys so i can help pass it on to the new members.
richierich781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #67
bogdanb
ninjette.org member

Name: bogdan

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Z750

Well , it is a really wonderful forum, people are kind and willing to help. Please, excuse for being such a "taker". Sometimes is difficult to drag the necessary information, especially for a foreigner. ( I am a foreigner, have I mentioned it so far ? )
For example : before starting the thread "About wider tires" I've tried to search the forum.... In the search menu I've typed "tires" , but I couldn't found the necessary information. So I've started the thread

Thank you all forum members ( should I named them all ? ), who helped me with info, advice and attitude.

P.S. : Snake, please excuse me for posting a reply in your thread "Members with Military service". Lately I realized how much you guys respect and admire your history and National Army. It doesn't concerns me.
I wasn't supposed to do it.

Thank you for your hospitality.

Old June 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #68
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

+1 Kelly!

Without the few PM's I've sent some of you guys I'd be completely lost! The DIY section here is among the elite for all 250 forums. Here's a round of applause to those who've given their time to submit a DIY
If only I had more tools ...

And everyone has touched on the fact that the community here is unlike any place on the net (more like family) which is why most are drawn here.

I think we should all do our part to try and "pay it forward." Like many members here on the board I'm not very familiar with motorcycle maintenance and terminology but I think once we learn something from another member we should simply pass it on. This would create a closer community and it would also prevent the veterans here from repeating the same thing over and over

A big THANK YOU to Kelly and Alex and the many Ninjette veterans who've made this community possible.

Old June 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #69
kkim

The family atmosphere here is what definitely sets this site apart from all the rest.

Perhaps, even if we all don't have mechanical skills to present a DIY, we can help by welcoming the new members instead?

Remember how it was when you were a new member here and everyone posted to welcome you? How did that make you feel? Imagine if you could pass that feeling on to the new members that are joining daily... and we all can.

So, post up in a new member's introductory thread and show them what a nice, friendly, supportive forum they've just signed up on.

Old June 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #70
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Dogdanb dont worry about it too much. (posting in the military service poll) Were on the same side now arent we? Were all 250 riders and thats the common link.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2009, 02:37 AM   #71
bogdanb
ninjette.org member

Name: bogdan

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Z750

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40 View Post
Dogdanb dont worry about it too much. (posting in the military service poll) Were on the same side now arent we? Were all 250 riders and thats the common link.
I love this forum !

Old August 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #72
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

I was at a few different forums, kind of floating around, then I found this forum one day when I googled something... (idr what it was but as soon as I click 'post' i'll remember)

havent really been back to the other ones.. i stay on here all day at work.

I do ask a lot of questions but I don't think id consider myself a 'taker'. but i also don't pretend i know thigns when I don't (which is alot because i'm new to this) or pretend that my opion is the only one that matters. And i see a lot of people like me on here that are willing to learn from those that are more experienced... i just wanted to address the 'taker' comment because although I don't have a lot of knowledge or experience to contribute, i'm not looking to soley benefit myself and i do understand how a community works. not looking for an arguement, just trying to express a point of view that I felt wasn't addressed in the OP. great post btw, i definitely see how this forum differs from others.

Old August 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM   #73
sofo
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I'd been lurking on a couple of other forums but this is the first 250-centric forum I joined. 2fiddy.com was long dead by the time I found it and the others... well lets just say that within five minutes of looking through posts here I could tell the people here were welcoming, passionate about the bikes and wanting to help anyone enjoy them.

Alex, kkim and everyone else thanks for the site, the help and for setting an example I asipire to as I learn and ride.
sofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #74
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

speaking of me having my questions answered, look who shows up, sofo ftw. and he reminded me that i forgot to say thank you to alex and everyone, thank you very much.

Old August 4th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #75
coffeecandy
ninjette.org member

Name: Eli

I wonder if this is the first time you've been on a forum that has grown. Ninja250.org is a great resource and that is it. It is very difficult to communicate on there especially with the way it is and Alex figured it would be wiser to make something more updated and so this forum style was created. VBB makes it much more organized and i would believe that if ninja250.org upgraded their forum style to something more current, they would have more traffic than this site since they have been around the longest (since the 80's).

If you want something more personal, create a forum with the same VBB style and personally invite them. No one is stopping you from doing so. Personally, I can but administrating another forum is a hassle and takes up a lot of work.

Another thing, the ninja 250 is the recommended newbie bike of choice. You will get people who have never used a forum and you will get people that have never been on a group ride. You will get dumb ass questions especially when people don't use the search button. It's just the nature of the beast. If it bothers you, just breathe and ignore the post. Is it really worth replying?
coffeecandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #76
kkim

Eli, if those comments are directed to me, did you even read the original post?

Old August 4th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #77
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Hey I'm still here!
Considering the low amount of miles I've been able to log this year with the incessantly crappy weather we've been having here in the Northeast, coming here regularly is about the only bike fix I've been getting lately.
I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but if I see something I can add that might help I do my best. Alex and Kelly have both done a fabulous job with this forum, but it was inevitable it would start to become a victim of it's success. The number of members it has now is astonishing, but it's obvious the #1 draw here is the amount of info and effort that Kelly (in particular - there are many others) adds every day and Alex's steady hand at the tiller.
One thing I don't understand is why people think discussion boards should be populated with one-sentence answers. I get the same thing when I post long missives here or on other boards I freaquent. If Kelly or Alex seem to be taking up too much type you have the wrong attitude. That stuff is GOLD baby! The more they have to say the more you'll learn, plain & simple.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #78
conchwanab
ninjette.org member

Name: Keith

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250

just droppin in to let everybody know how much I appreciate all of the information that is always shared on this forum.The shop manual pda that Kelly sent me was just awesome.This forum is always a great place to come to and decompress after a crappy day at work with snow flying and no chance of riding.Thanks to everybody that puts in the time to make this the #1 ninja forum around!!!
conchwanab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2009, 04:49 PM   #79
coffeecandy
ninjette.org member

Name: Eli

Quote:
Eli, if those comments are directed to me, did you even read the original post?
On a word document this is 2.5 pages of reading…5 pages if you double space it. No one wonder teachers are glancing over student papers now-a-days. I would! Hahaha

Anyhoo you asked if I read your post and I did here we go

Quote:
It was inevitable that I found 250.org and was enthralled with the amount of technical onfo that site had amassed over the years on the little ninja. I immediately wanted to become a contributing member from the many years of motorcycles that I had, but soon learned it was set up like an old boy’s network and they were not afraid to tell you that you are were not welcome if you didn’t see things their way. In short, it was their way or the highway.
I wonder if this is the first time you've been on a forum that has grown. Ninja250.org is a great resource and that is it. It is very difficult to communicate on there especially with the way it is and Alex figured it would be wiser to make something more updated and so this forum style was created. VBB makes it much more organized and i would believe that if ninja250.org upgraded their forum style to something more current, they would have more traffic than this site since they have been around the longest (since the 80's).

Quote:
I started looking for software platforms and programs to set things up and quickly realized I was in way over my tiny little head, but I kept searching. On one of my searches for vBulletin based sites, I ran across ninjette purely by accident.
If you want something more personal, create a forum with the same VBB style and personally invite them. No one is stopping you from doing so. Personally, I can but administrating another forum is a hassle and takes up a lot of work.

Quote:
Then in the summer, there was a huge influx of newbies there that simply would not search for the most basic of information. It quickly got very old to repeat endlessly the same newbie questions that turned up. The problem was that the forum was so popular, there would be countless new members asking the same questions over and over, day after day.
Another thing, the ninja 250 is the recommended newbie bike of choice. You will get people who have never used a forum and you will get people that have never been on a group ride. You will get dumb ass questions especially when people don't use the search button. It's just the nature of the beast. If it bothers you, just breathe and ignore the post. Is it really worth replying?

someone needs to stop ranting and post this up on a blog
coffeecandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2009, 05:39 PM   #80
kkim

points taken, but if that's all you got out of the post perhaps I do need to rewrite it for more clarity. It was by no means a rant and wrote it to help grow this forum closer, not criticize the newbs and to also help to increase the membership here by asking present members to invite new 250 enthusiasts they thought worthy of sharing their ideas here, which was the point of the post.

perhaps, if you didn't like the post, you should take some of your own advice and just move to the next?

...and be glad I posted the condensed version.