ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old July 29th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #561
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

7-29-2010 thurs

Hey,

Tonight in stead of going to Royal oak, i was thinking of riding out to Romeo. To check out the thursday bike nite there at the village of Romeo. (side street near 32 mile & van dyke)

I'm sure it will be harley biker crowd, but i dont care. Its a place that i havent been to, surely you guys havent either. Royal oak is the same bikes every Thursday, basically!

Next Thursday, or the week after, if the weather is good. We should go take a ride out to the A&W way out in Lexington for its bike night!!!

How does Lexington sound in 1-2 Thursday nights?
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #562
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Hey, it's a Sport Bike Rally!!!

Sunday in Stockbridge @ the town square: noon - 4 PM. This is the place to be! (Stockbridge is on M-52 just west of Pinckney)

Mohawks are optional

Old July 30th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #563
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbear View Post
Hey, it's a Sport Bike Rally!!!

Sunday in Stockbridge @ the town square: noon - 4 PM. This is the place to be! (Stockbridge is on M-52 just west of Pinckney)

Mohawks are optional
Dawn and I will be there! COUNT ON IT!!!

* I talked to Ron last nite, he should be able to join us this time, but he'll let me know for Sure by Sat-nite! *

Matt?
Heather - Nick?
Tom?
Tommy?
Sean?
Lisa?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sidenote: TONIGHT!!! 7-30-2010

Dawn and I, are going up to Gibraltar, Mt. Clemens again! 8:30PM-9:00PM bout the time we'll show up there!

Then im thinking of going on a Night ride. Something short and local.

" I HAVE BOTH SAT & SUN OFF WORK! " Im not gonna ride 200 miles tonight, but i just feel its time for a Longer Night cruise, something dawn and i havent done together -or with other bikers- since last Summer!!!

Anyone is welcome to come along with us, as always!

later,

Old July 30th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #564
ScorpionNinja

UPDATE for Tonight! 7-30-2010

After we run up to Gibraltar, we will be cruising out to WOODWARD AVE.

Terry, a co-worker of mine, will be out there with his group of friends. Either on his Harley, or his awesome 69' Green Camaro 396.

Call my cell...

Later.

Old July 30th, 2010, 06:12 PM   #565
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

The 396 sounds interesting

Old July 30th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #566
busa bob
ninjette.org member

Name: bob

Motorcycle(s): 2000 hayabusa, 97 xz1100 ninja, 82 yz490, 76 ke175, 72 ts185, 71 ts185, 70 dt100

How is everybodys riding season going?. Sorry for not being around. I have been dealing with an sick mother.
busa bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #567
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

There has been extended interest with the BMW crowd concerning the Sport Bike Rally!
Anyway, looks like Roy "might" be doing a ride at 11:30 AM from Groesbeck & 10 Mile, unconfirmed ATM.
However the usual suspects will be heading out from Mickey D's in RO at about 10AM... Latest info is 10AM leaving RO.
Warning: Pete aka "Pink Linguini" is the ride leader. He has hockey pucks on his leather racing suit. lol
You have been warned!
Check back tomorrow for updates
Hey, Bob, you goin??? lol. "Slacker"... Seriously tho, family comes first! Take care of your momma

Old August 2nd, 2010, 08:33 AM   #568
busa bob
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2000 hayabusa, 97 xz1100 ninja, 82 yz490, 76 ke175, 72 ts185, 71 ts185, 70 dt100

I hope you's had a great ride. I was stuck at the hospital with my mother. She wasn't released until 4pm. Even thought they said at 8am she would be going home. Finially after 7weeks she is finially home.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:50 PM   #569
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa bob View Post
I hope you's had a great ride. I was stuck at the hospital with my mother. She wasn't released until 4pm. Even thought they said at 8am she would be going home. Finially after 7weeks she is finially home.
Good to hear your mom is doing ok!

I had a lot of FUN, Sunday!

I now love M-36 near stockbridge, i or we will have to ride that section of road through downtown Milford. Maury said we missed alot of nice curves around there from the detour!

- Bob,
ATM im real tight with money, while trying to get that much needed 7,500 mile maintaince done to my bike!
Then ill be looking for us to hit up Ubly dragstrip on a Sat or Sun afternoon for afew thrills!
Maybe LAST WEEKEND of AUG. 28-29th

Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:55 PM   #570
ScorpionNinja

Smile 8-14,15,22-2010 cheeseburger fest caseville, mi.

This will be a One day, all day Group Ride & Event!

Met up @ about 9-10AM, home by 9-10PM!!!

Either Aug. 14th (SAT), 15th (SUN), or 22nd (SUN).

We'll met up early morning @ a (spot). If people would like to, we all could have breakfast and conversation while we wait for the Late ones to arrive!

Then we'll gear-up and roll out! (like Optimus-prime)

Route we'll take up there, isnt determended yet. BUT i was basically thinking M-53 north, pinnabog, + other backroads, then onto M-25 West into Caseville, Mi.

or we could ride the east coast of M-29/M-25 up around to Port Austin (stop), and west on M-25 into Caseville. (stop)

LINK
http://www.casevillechamber.net/2009CBEvents.htm

-------------- >>> Please if you are planning on attending, POST what Date you PREFER! THEN LETS SEE WHAT SHAPES UP AND SEE WHAT DAY WORKS BEST FOR THE GROUP TO MAXIMIZE THE NUMBER OF RIDERS TO GO!!! (of the 3 to pick from)

Either Aug. 14th, 15th, 22nd.

FOR ME: I Vote for 14th or 15th.

* * * * * Start looking over your personal plans for this month and let me know whats the 411 on this Thread!!! * * * * * *

I know these people will be either coming along (100%), or very very likely (50/50): Sugarbear, Rage42, Heather & Nick...

I might be able to get afew BMW Motor City Riders to come along too!

All i know is that my GF and i will be going!!

Last futzed with by ScorpionNinja; August 4th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.

Old August 4th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #571
DarkStar
ninjette.org member

Name: Ron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Dave you pick the best ones... its never as simple as renisance festival or something. Chesseburgers ? Well it sounds fun ... I found a few sites that pick up on that route and how nice it is... (i think this does reverse out on the thumb and back over but it does mention som nice routes and eats. (sry i didnt see any DQ's but if there is one I know youll find it Mr.Scorp)

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route...MI/MI_11.shtml

This weekend looks great ... i need to get bike serviced soon. I just need the piece of mind from an authorized kawa repairshop. Waranty is about to expire. We will see if the weather holds up but if anyone is up for a short ride this weekend post up. I have to tear off and reface my deck sunday ... also as always get in a mtn bike ride and jam session. SO Sat or Sunday until 3 im good.

Scorp I hope you got my text msg ... I have the refugees staying at my house and they are ****ing with me big time ... Im so pissed cause i was pumped and ready... then they ****ed me. (long story)

Hope all is well with the rest of the gang ... I see the post so even though we all have our bits of trouble we havent become a statistic ....

take care..
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2010, 06:54 PM   #572
heatherintegra
heatherintegra

Name: Heather

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r/2009

hey everyone! sorry I have been not around lately...been super busy with work and getting ready for our mini vac. aug 14th-16th..unfortunally the cheefest is out for us on those two days since we are going to be gone...but the 22nd is a possibility. we did take a trip there day on a whim with some other people that nick knows...280 some miles up to bad ax..oh was I sore afterward...lol
heatherintegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #573
ScorpionNinja

8-14-2010 (sat) @ ubly dragway!

TNT $20

I wanna go, busabob can you make it?

anyone else?

Old August 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #574
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Cars too?

Old August 7th, 2010, 05:18 AM   #575
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmP View Post
Cars too?
cars,trucks,motorcycles... open TNT track days = $20 run what you broung!

or if you wanna hang out and watch the races, spectators cost just $5.

http://main.theublydragway.com/index...d=47&Itemid=59

Old August 7th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #576
busa bob
ninjette.org member

It sounds good to me.

Old August 9th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #577
rage42
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

I can't shake this walking pneumonia, can't do long rides right now. Maybe it would help if I didn't keep taking short rides either.

Old August 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #578
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage42 View Post
I can't shake this walking pneumonia, can't do long rides right now. Maybe it would help if I didn't keep taking short rides either.
that sucks matt. take it easy and get 100% soon, so ya can do another group ride or two, before the season is over!

Carol and i, have been wondering where,whats been up with ya lately!

Sat, after meeting up with carol and parting ways, dawn and I got some lunch and then figured we'd go for a 2UP ride back out to the general area(s) of the last 2 weekend trips!

-Commerce road is dirt... at some point....
wavey, bumpy dirt roads hurt your butt much quicker and req's more often butt breaks!

-Tipsoco road has twisties..... but its 20 mph in a urban house street area. the people outside getting the mail, cutting the grass didnt like us whipping by at 45 mph.

-Grange hall road has detours that lead you out to M-15, clarkston, etc. Instead of backtracking the Oxford/Ortonville/Holly path.

- a stop at K&W cycle, almost lead me to trading in the 250 for a 2009 650R. (which still could happen this or next year.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAT (8-14) & SUN (8-15), THIS WEEKEND Gibraltar trade center also is doing a outdoor motorcycle swapmet! parts, vendors,etc.

I might go up there SUN (8-15) to check out if i can find any parts that might fit on my 250R in the form of Longer Mirrors from say a ZX-10R, passenger grab handles off a 06 650R, or stuff like that. With a lil fabrication i could mod stuff cheaply and upgrade my bikes 2UP abilities!
Well see.

Let me know if you wanna met up and ride into Gibraltar or such.

later

Last futzed with by ScorpionNinja; August 9th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.

Old August 9th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #579
heatherintegra
heatherintegra

Name: Heather

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r/2009

soo sad!!!

Well today was my last day owning a ninja 250....we posted it yesterday and sold it today...Kinda sad..but now I get to move up into a new bike..not sure what kind yet...gsx650 or maybe a ninja 650..not sure yet...shall see...
heatherintegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #580
DarkStar
ninjette.org member

Name: Ron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Well grats heather. GL and hope your next bike is a good one .. let us know what you end up with. (pics!! or it didnt happen)

Both my bikes are in the shop = (. Man service is a rip off and im glad I atleast attempted to do my own service up to this point. (its a plus that i havent broke down or had any wheels fall off) I guess its worth the piece of mind that when my coverage expirers I'll be in good shape. But the K & W services prices ... what a joke. I now think I should have taken it to motorcity powersports. Although may not make that much of a difference.

Matt take care of yourself and would love to hear about your adventure ...sounds like some fun. Rest will help and get those breathing treatments!!

As for the rest of gang hope all is well ...

Upcomming events - labor day if im around arts eats a beats is in my back yard. (it is in Royal oak this year more towards the freeway from B's and washington street) Ive built a new deck (well half finished atm and have a grill) Im really waiting on bands to pick a day. I also got an invite to go up north. So i f i stay home ill post we can have home base and not have to worry about gear and bikes.

Ren festivial - would love to ride up and hang. Pretty biker friendly last year got a few bucks off for having a cycle endorsment on license.

take care...
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #581
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
Carol and i, have been wondering where,whats been up with ya lately!
Other than the trip, and getting sick, I've been spending time with Katie. She lives 50 miles north of me, and can't always get away so it's hard to meet up with everyone.

Oh Dave...I've fallen off the wagon, I was clean for about 2 years! (inside joke, not what you think folks)

Old August 10th, 2010, 12:00 PM   #582
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Hey, Matt. Sorry to hear about the walking pneumonia. Ugggh. Not good.
Hope you're feeling better. Get lotsa rest!
(And some chicken soup!!!)

Heather, hope you find another bike soon. Let us know what you get next!

Ron, get your bikes back on the road! I'm absolutely in for the Ren fest. Missed it last year. The jousting is always entertaining. (Can you believe that people make a living doing that stuff?) And those turkey drumsticks. Mmmmm.

Dave and Busa Bob are going to the Ubly drag strip this weekend... How about TmP?

Gibraltar a definite maybe for Fri and/or Sat night.

Old August 10th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #583
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I'm absolutely in for the Ren fest. Missed it last year. The jousting is always entertaining. (Can you believe that people make a living doing that stuff?) And those turkey drumsticks. Mmmmm.
:
If you didn't see, there's a 2 for 1 price of admission when you present your motorcycle license. I think it's near sept 1st, but I can't find the webpage.

Old August 11th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #584
busa bob
ninjette.org member

At the moment they are calling for rain on saterday. I hope it will pass and be cooler then they claim. Bikes run better in the cooler weather. Sunday i had a nice ride out on 69. Only passed one trooper on the other side of the express way. Still able to clear out the throttle bodies at 180..lol

Old August 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #585
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage42 View Post
If you didn't see, there's a 2 for 1 price of admission when you present your motorcycle license. I think it's near sept 1st, but I can't find the webpage.
Dawn and I will be going to that 100%! Guys keep updates on the DATE you all wanna met up for a group ride up to it, then hang for hours up there! Lets make a DAY of it!!!!

Quote:
At the moment they are calling for rain on saterday. I hope it will pass and be cooler then they claim. Bikes run better in the cooler weather. Sunday i had a nice ride out on 69. Only passed one trooper on the other side of the express way. Still able to clear out the throttle bodies at 180..lol

- bob, i still plan on going with you to Ubly this SAT... if the weather is nice.

Old August 11th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #586
busa bob
ninjette.org member

Sounds good. Lets see how the weather holds up.

Old August 13th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #587
Tofergstaff
Stealthy Ninjette

Name: Tofer

Motorcycle(s): 09' Kawi Ninja 250R

Hey Yall! New Member Rider from E.L. here Just bought an 09' Ninja 250

Pics are here http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52758
Tofergstaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #588
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Should have bought mine... :P

Old August 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #589
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Sounds good. Lets see how the weather holds up.
I have to work both SAT & SUN this weekend.

So... for SAT, if weather is nice for UBLY, i'll get off work about 9:00 AM. So say 10:00 AM we should met up somewhere near my house.
Then we can hit the road to UBLY.

Old August 13th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #590
ScorpionNinja

Tonight 8-13-2010

GF and I, will be heading up to Gibraltar in mt. clemens. this fri/sat they have an outdoor motorcycle swapmeet/vendors.
im gonna look for any 250R parts or zx-6r/650R(2009) deals, if their is any.

after that, aeh, 9:30PM well hit the highway for woodward ave. & 13 mile.
(Shell gas station)

later

Old August 13th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #591
busa bob
ninjette.org member

Dave. its going to be pushing 90 degrees and rain. Not the best combo for the drag strip. The next T/N/T is sept. 11th. The bikes run better in cooler weather.

Old August 13th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #592
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

What about Lapeer or Milan?
Lapeer has TNT EVERY Saturday.
We are planning on taking the cars out there next week.

Old August 14th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #593
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Dave. its going to be pushing 90 degrees and rain. Not the best combo for the drag strip. The next T/N/T is sept. 11th. The bikes run better in cooler weather.
i know.... i was thinking the same thing.

well, im going to gear up and get my ass out to the BMW dealer @ 15 mile / Van dyke, to join carol, betty and the rest of the BMW folks for the meeting.

todays Lunch ride is going to be out at the Angry Bull in kimball, Mi.

10:30AM BMW group leaves the dealership... so bob or anyone else... call my cell 817-0879 and let me know!

later

Old August 14th, 2010, 06:28 AM   #594
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmP View Post
What about Lapeer or Milan?
Lapeer has TNT EVERY Saturday.
We are planning on taking the cars out there next week.
tom, man for sure we will have to met up at the dragstrip once.

as for NEXT weekend... i have pre-plans for other things dude. sorry

21st (SAT) im going to Frankenmuth, Mi. for its annual Bike Fest!!!
22nd (SUN) im going to Caseville, Mi. for its annual "Cheeseburger Fest!" (last day of the Fest too!)

ttyl

dave

Old August 15th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #595
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Ey, no problem. I've turned down at least 20 of your rides LOL
Getting this bike was a bad idea in the first place... My wife was against it right from the start. Oh well. It was a fun little project this spring / early summer.

Old August 15th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #596
awesome_r6
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2009 R6

ScorpionNinja....Im looking foward in meeting up with ya very soon. If you are in the detroit area you should look up a sportbike club called Detroitsportbikes.com or (DSB for short). I have rode with them a few times and are pretty good people. One Hooters ride was about 200 bikes and we all went at once. No stops from hooters in royale oak to the hooters in flint. Had a great time. Also the Harsons Island ride was good. I would go on more with them but coming from Jackson to Detroit, go on the ride and then back to Jaclson takes alot out of ya. Well hope to see ya soon. Be safe.
One more thing. A co-worker and fellow Harley rider is having a charity poker run Sept 18th to help raise money for his sons kidney failure operation. Its about a 200 mile run that goes from Jackson to Ohio, over to Indiania and back to jackson. There will be a pig roast after. We could meet up some where simple and then go to the starting place.
awesome_r6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #597
ScorpionNinja

Well, yesterdays BMW group ride/lunch was fun!

Carol... pete was there! He led a after lunch ride halfway back to the metro area.
You were right, WOW! Pete didnt have on his leather & knee pucks, but man can that guy ride.

There was some good curves on Metcalf road(sp)?

Bob Seger was eating at the Angry Bull!

Didnt get pics, but ask Pete!

Oh, carol...

during the lunch, i was talking to a new BMW member, Bob. He told me hes got a son, that has a Ninja 250!!!
Next time for a Wed-dinner, or BMW meeting ride or whatever, hes gonna have his son come along!

I told him about this Fourm and have his son register on here.

Once we get him into our group and if he enjoys riding ALOT... then we'll have a FULL BAG OF ANGRY SKITTLEZ!!!

Thats right, hes got a GREEN 250!

Old August 15th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #598
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Hey ya'll. What UP???
Just got back from Columbus, Ohio. (Ohio = miles and miles of cornfields.) Over 500 miles for an overnight run Took mostly back roads on the way down. Stopped by a bird sanctuary on Lake Erie and the lighthouse at Marblehead. Nice to get away from the big city for awhile

And the new joke is: You might be a redneck if yer BMW has duct tape patches on the back tire so you can make it home to Cleveland. lol
And I have pictures

Hey, Brently sold his 250 to a new member in East Lansing. Nice to keep it in the "family"! That was is one nice 250

Dave: OMG a GREEN One!!! We'll have another 2 fiddy in the MC Beemer club. They're gonna learn to love us now.

Old August 15th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #599
rage42
ninjette.org member

And now I've picked up the flu...sorry I couldn't answer your call Dave...ill try to be ready for next weekend...ill see if katie can go, she's 20 mins off I75 on the way...
Posted via Mobile Device
rage42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2010, 04:32 AM   #600
Tofergstaff
Stealthy Ninjette

Name: Tofer

Motorcycle(s): 09' Kawi Ninja 250R

Quote:
Hey, Brently sold his 250 to a new member in East Lansing. Nice to keep it in the "family"! That was is one nice 250
Ha Yup that was me it is an amazing bike. I am working on putting front turn signals on it. I'm doing Nemy's DIY stock signals to flush mounts. I have them all adhered and such just waiting for them to dry. When I get out of work today ill work on putting the fairings back on, give her a wash and she will be ready to rock and roll again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tofergstaff is offline   Reply With Quote