ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 Tech Talk

Old October 16th, 2014, 05:00 AM   #41
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Name: Pratik

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R15, Kawasaki Ninja 300

^^^ The horn mounting is not twisted. It needed to be out of the way to enable installation of the race. Therefore, its just been unfastened and moved out of the way. After installation of the race and steering stem the horn was mounted back in its regular position.
pratik06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2014, 03:32 AM   #42
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Translogic Micro Dash 3 Digital Dash

Before anyone comments on the 144 mph speed; Its in demo mode!

Old October 17th, 2014, 05:45 AM   #43
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

dash looks pretty sweet, keep it up!!!!
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2014, 05:50 AM   #44
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Oh Pratik !! this no longer a ninja 300, it is an object of desire !!

p.s. If you could share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions on my engine build project, I would highly appreciate it... any help is welcome...

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198145

please keep in mind that I have access only to parts from Europe (and very few from Asia) because of high custom rates and that my build is on a budget so it is hard for me to purchase top-notch stuff...however I have easy access to parts from other Kawa, Suzi and Yamaha models so I can use some of their stuff to make upgrades (if I can make them fit...)

Old October 20th, 2014, 11:55 PM   #45
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoulisninja View Post
Oh Pratik !! this no longer a ninja 300, it is an object of desire !!

p.s. If you could share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions on my engine build project, I would highly appreciate it... any help is welcome...

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198145

please keep in mind that I have access only to parts from Europe (and very few from Asia) because of high custom rates and that my build is on a budget so it is hard for me to purchase top-notch stuff...however I have easy access to parts from other Kawa, Suzi and Yamaha models so I can use some of their stuff to make upgrades (if I can make them fit...)
Nick,

Will surely go through your thread and revert with my thoughts

Old October 22nd, 2014, 12:28 AM   #46
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Custom made Triple Clamp & WoodCraft Clip On handle bars.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 12:58 AM   #47
GreatScott
Virgin Blood

Name: GreatScott

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja-250

Beautiful!

I am never disappointed in mankind's desire to modify their rides. Be it a cage or bike. Yes... with the amount of money spent, blood, sweat and tears put into this you could have gotten a much more powerful bike but you opted for ninjette (this is the first time I've used that word, forgive me if I used it incorrectly) for whatever reasons you have. And why the hell not?!?! My 250 is so much more comfortable than my buddy's ZX-6R and on city streets... is plenty powerful. I wouldn't mind a little more power when I'm on the freeway but it's not necessary. Especially when I've only been riding regularly for about five months.

I didn't see it already posted but how much have you sunk into this so far? Looks like you have some access to a CNC machine which should drop the cost a little.

... I'm tired, don't feel good, baby keeps waking up and I can't seem to fall asleep. Ignore me if I'm just rambling. The thread captured my attention because I use to spend a lot modifying my first car. A 67 VW bug. I'll delete this tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't make any sense.
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:53 AM   #48
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
Beautiful!

I am never disappointed in mankind's desire to modify their rides. Be it a cage or bike. Yes... with the amount of money spent, blood, sweat and tears put into this you could have gotten a much more powerful bike but you opted for ninjette (this is the first time I've used that word, forgive me if I used it incorrectly) for whatever reasons you have. And why the hell not?!?! My 250 is so much more comfortable than my buddy's ZX-6R and on city streets... is plenty powerful. I wouldn't mind a little more power when I'm on the freeway but it's not necessary. Especially when I've only been riding regularly for about five months.

I didn't see it already posted but how much have you sunk into this so far? Looks like you have some access to a CNC machine which should drop the cost a little.

... I'm tired, don't feel good, baby keeps waking up and I can't seem to fall asleep. Ignore me if I'm just rambling. The thread captured my attention because I use to spend a lot modifying my first car. A 67 VW bug. I'll delete this tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't make any sense.
@GreatScott, nice words spoken about @pratik06 's beautiful mod and for sure about the 2-fiddy.

Wish you and your family, especially your baby all the best and by the way it is nice to read somebody's talking about a 67 VW bug...
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2014, 02:15 AM   #49
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
Beautiful!

Thanks ... what you say make perfect sense . The bike is a gift from my wife. While not into bikes herself, she has always been very supportive about my life long obsession. I just can't stay away from tinkering around with all my bikes and cars (currently working on my wife's Ford Fiesta to bring it to RS specs).

Every time that I get a new one, its like its sits over there beckoning me to start working on it. Most of my friends don't get it, they are always going on about how I could get a bigger bike for amount of time, effort and money I am spending on this one. Yes, I spend almost the cost of the bike on this one, but then I would spend the same or more on a bigger bike when I get one. This is a hobby and great way to de-stress after a stressful week at work.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 02:52 AM   #50
GreatScott
Virgin Blood

Pratik06! my story is somewhat similar (albeit a long story that I'm still awake enough to type).

My wife loves motorcycles as well and had it not been for her only being 5'0" she'd be riding a standard to work everyday (she currently rides a Genuine Buddy 170i scooter). I've been wanting a bike for a long time but have not had a good excuse for buying one. I have almost no commute to work and my weekends are already pretty full. Just couldn't justify the purchase. We recently had a baby (8 and a half months ago) and my wife's mom passed away recently. You could imagine the postpartum-hormonal-grieving-hurricane that my wife became. But I manned up and put in 175% to make up for her only being able to throw in 25%. I took all the late night feedings and baby care. I had dinner ready when she got home from work (her commute takes over an hour to drive 13 miles, wtf?) and I sent her off to the spa as often as possible. She came home one day and told me to go buy a motorcycle for all my extra husbandry. I wasn't looking for anything when I put in the extra work but holy hell... it paid off.

She's doing much better now, we're all good and just trying to live the dream. I try to ride my bike to work everyday.

And to anyone with the idea of "I don't need my sig other giving me permission to buy X!" I don't need permission. I just like to run frivolous purchases by close friends to see if it is a good purchase or not. After all, I need someone to keep my spending in check. If I had to do it alone I'd be broke, lol.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 03:04 AM   #51
GreatScott
Virgin Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
@GreatScott, nice words spoken about @pratik06 's beautiful mod and for sure about the 2-fiddy.

Wish you and your family, especially your baby all the best and by the way it is nice to read somebody's talking about a 67 VW bug...
You're too kind. Fatigue allows me to use less vulgarity which makes me appear to be more civilized than I really am.

That money pit was my world! Bought it for $500 cash right after my 17th birthday. Drove a whole summer with no fourth gear. Girlfriend at the time had great legs and I loved watching them bounce in the passenger seat as I pushed the car to 55 in third over the hill and to the beach. Only caught fire twice but I had great reflexes and extinguished it both times without catastrophic damage. I was lucky enough to have places to store it when I lived in places with no garage or when people didn't like looking at it. I lost compression on a cylinder when I was 19 and that began my journey of high performance VWs. It also was the beginning of my education of what not to do to a VW but that lesson was a slow one and quite costly. Thing never ran right after that. I sold her a year or two ago to make space in my garage. Got $1,500 out of her. Not too bad considering it couldn't run for longer than fifteen seconds or so. Sometimes I have regrets... and then I pass a bug spewing smoke and the windows have to be rolled down so the driver doesn't get heatstroke. I'm rather not have to deal with that at this moment in my life.

Old November 14th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #52
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Takai Racing Juice Boot (Ignition Booster) & RipForce 4 (Ignition Coils)

Old January 28th, 2015, 04:57 AM   #53
pratik06
ninjette.org member

DEI Under Tank Insulation

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 29th, 2015, 01:03 AM   #54
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Rizoma Lux Billet (Red) Grips (Replacing the Driven D3 Grips)

Old January 30th, 2015, 03:55 AM   #55
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Ohlins S36DR1 Rear Shock Absorber

Old January 31st, 2015, 10:25 AM   #56
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Sweet ride just keeps Geting better

Old February 1st, 2015, 10:28 AM   #57
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Looks good!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 2nd, 2015, 07:51 AM   #58
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

I really dig that top triple clamp. Very nice. Did you weight it and the stocker? Very nice build, really enjoyable to follow.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 12:28 AM   #59
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
I really dig that top triple clamp. Very nice. Did you weight it and the stocker? Very nice build, really enjoyable to follow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Looks good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Sweet ride just keeps Geting better
Thanks . Yes it was weighed against the stock. While I don't remember the exact weight, one of the design criteria was to ensure that the weight of the clamp is not more than stock. The clamp weighs in at about 100 grams less than the stock clamp. As the clamp is made from a billet of 7075 aluminium there is enough scope to reduce the weight of the clamp by another 300 to 400 grams. However, we decided to play it safe and stick to the stock dimensions.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 01:32 AM   #60
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

I gotta say, nicely done!
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:18 AM   #61
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBO View Post
I gotta say, nicely done!
Thanks.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 04:24 AM   #62
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Ballistic Evo 2 Lithium Iron Battery

Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:26 AM   #63
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r FI

Mother of god...

@pratik06

What do these two mods do? thanks
Jason5885 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:57 AM   #64
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik06 View Post

I have one of those in my track bike, great battery. Not sure I would feel confident with a 4 cell in street bike with farkles though

Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:47 PM   #65
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5885 View Post
Mother of god...

@pratik06

What do these two mods do? thanks
Check this out http://www.takai-racing.com/main/, the site explains it all. All I will say is that it is well worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
I have one of those in my track bike, great battery. Not sure I would feel confident with a 4 cell in street bike with farkles though
Have been running with battery for the past couple of months without any problems. The greatest amount of power required is for starting the bike, the battery handles that just like the stock.

Old February 8th, 2015, 12:19 AM   #66
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
You gonna put the bike on a dyno??? I'm almost sold on a new ignition

Old February 8th, 2015, 11:19 PM   #67
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
You gonna put the bike on a dyno??? I'm almost sold on a new ignition
Would love to put the bike on a Dyno to know what are the real world gains. Unfortunately there is no bike Dyno in my town. The only way to test the gains is to do timed runs with a GTech data logger. Will be doing these runs in shortly with a completely stock bike running besides mine. Should be interesting.

Old February 9th, 2015, 02:15 AM   #68
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Would love to put the bike on a Dyno to know what are the real world gains. Unfortunately there is no bike Dyno in my town. The only way to test the gains is to do timed runs with a GTech data logger. Will be doing these runs in shortly with a completely stock bike running besides mine. Should be interesting.
Sounds good to me.

Old February 18th, 2015, 09:08 AM   #69
Jason5885
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r FI

Quote:
Update ?
Jason5885 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2015, 11:31 PM   #70
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5885 View Post
Update ?
Currently in the garage on paddock stand for some work

Just to give you a hint:

Old March 6th, 2015, 12:10 PM   #71
APEmike
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300

Hover conversion?
APEmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2015, 03:40 AM   #72
pratik06
ninjette.org member

WP Suspension USDs & Magura 4 Piston Brake Caliper

Custom Made Lower Triple Clamp

Custom Made Upper Triple Clamp

Custom Made Clip-ons

Steering Shaft made from Titanium 6AL-4V. Weighs 375 gms less than stock.

Magura 4 Piston Radially Mounted Caliper. Weighs 350 gms less than stock Nissan Caliper.

WP Suspension USDs. Each fork weighs 500 gms less than Stock Fork.

Handle bars made from Titanium 6AL-4V

The entire front assembly is now lighter by 2 Kgs as compared to the stock.

Old March 10th, 2015, 04:43 PM   #73
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

impressive, effective and pricey!
what is the origin of the front fender ?

Old March 10th, 2015, 11:22 PM   #74
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoulisninja View Post
impressive, effective and pricey!
what is the origin of the front fender ?
KTM Duke 390

Old July 13th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #75
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Brembo 300mm Floating Disc

Old July 26th, 2015, 06:27 AM   #76
reggae5
ninjette.org member

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Just discovered and read your thread. impressive. Makes me want to go out and buy a lottery ticket so I could afford to do that too, Congrats its looking great !!
reggae5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2016, 03:15 AM   #77
pratik06
ninjette.org member

ZX 636 Headlight Installation

Low Beam

High Beam

Old January 28th, 2016, 03:53 AM   #78
BernawanFR
ninjette.org member

Name: Bernawan

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2011

I am soooo jelly and peanut butter (read: jealous)
Pricey but worth every penny
BernawanFR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2016, 12:17 AM   #79
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernawanFR View Post
I am soooo jelly and peanut butter (read: jealous)
Pricey but worth every penny

Old January 29th, 2016, 12:23 AM   #80
pratik06
ninjette.org member

Installation of LED Headlights