ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Crutchlow undergoes successful surgery

ISLE OF MAN residentCal Crutchlow has undergone successful surgery on his left shoulder last Friday morning.

The 29-year-old went to the Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle last week to have Consultant Shoulder Surgeon and Professor of Orthopaedics & Sports Science Len Funk remove a plate from his left collarbone which was needed after a crash in 2011. Whilst under anaesthetic Crutchlow also had his shoulder cleaned due to arthritis.

Crutchlow explained:“I had arthritis in my left shoulder after a crash I had in 2010 and I also had a plate in there from my crash at Silverstone in 2011.

"I needed to get the arthritis cleaned out because in warmer conditions I didn’t have an issue, but in the cold, it was a bit painful. And the plate has been finally removed.

"Now I feel much better and want to thank Professor Len for his excellent job. Soon I will fly to America to start my winter training programme and I am really looking forward to the next outing aboard the RCV.”

The new CWM LCR Honda rider has planned a winter training camp in America and will fly out at the end of November. Crutchlow's second time with his new team will take place in February at the Sepang circuit.

Related Content

Cal Crutchlow undergoes double arm pump surgery
Crutchlow bites back at Bennetts
Crutchlow’s Ducati debut ‘bittersweet’
Crutchlow: ‘It’s a complete disaster’
Crutchlow to leave Ducati at the end of 2014

Click here for full story...