ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old May 11th, 2020, 09:27 AM   #281
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T, Ninja250R racer, Ninja250R street bike, EX250F#1, EX250F#2, EX250E, VF500F, CBR600RR

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
I hear there may be more stimulus going out if Congress can figure out how to sneak in more unrelated pork projects.

Btw, the government (better known as we the people) are borrowing this money at zero percent interest. Just whom are we borrowing this money from and how are we supposed to pay it back?
We are borrowing the money from a privately-owned bank that can print money out of thin air for very little cost. We are paying it back with decades of labour, sweat and lives. Along with handing over lots of public and corporate ownerships.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old May 12th, 2020, 06:33 AM   #282
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Well this Friday the 15th, Louisiana is going begin phase one of the reopening. Businesses will reopen with only 25% occupancy to maintain social distancing. It looks like we have a long ways to go before we return to”normal”.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2020, 08:56 AM   #283
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T, Ninja250R racer, Ninja250R street bike, EX250F#1, EX250F#2, EX250E, VF500F, CBR600RR

Same with CA. Three different northern counties with low population density and minimal CV-19 cases have re-opened.
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...inesses-reopen

Quote:
@[MENTION=3]Alex I fear a second wave because from what I saw at the memorial and what I see in public, less than half of the people are wearing masks. People are not heading the advice of the scientists.
More critically, people with influence (politicians and media) are not setting policy and reporting appropriately. We might be feeling safe due to large numbers getting infected and recovering without any issues, but we're far from herd-immunity. I still can't believe that face-mask requirements are not universal. That should be mandatory given that social-distancing is wishful thinking. Real reach of sneeze is closer to 2-3x distance dictated by social-distancing. Studies like this should be blasted on news, rather than showing nurses saying "Only sick people should wear face-masks". What idiots!!!

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2763852

EDIT: adding previous article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...6041202031254X
Early on, the virus was discovered in HVAC ventilation-system of hospitals. That was clue that it was airbourne. Washing-hands to clean off large droplets that fall onto surfaces doesn't do sh*t against aerosolized droplets that hang in air and can travel large distances once it's fully evaporated. As can be seen in photo above, only small portion of sneeze are in large enough drops to fall out, rest of spray stays suspended.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; May 15th, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

Old May 12th, 2020, 06:52 PM   #284
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Begin rant...
As of this Friday, I can get my nails done, hair done, a massage, get drunk at a bar and get a tattoo. But... I CAN'T GO TO THE F@!&ING GYM!!!
How the hell can they say a tattoo or a massage or going to a bar is safer than a gym!
/rant

Old May 13th, 2020, 05:26 AM   #285
Zaph42
ninjette.org guru

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Hmmm. Maybe it's because people breath too heavily in gyms. But for me, in the warmer weather is when I go to gyms the least as I can do outdoor running and biking.

Old May 13th, 2020, 06:44 AM   #286
Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Same with CA. Three different northern counties with low population density and minimal CV-19 cases have re-opened.
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...inesses-reopen

More critically, people with influence (politicians and media) are not setting policy and reporting appropriately. We might be feeling safe due to large numbers getting infected and recovering without any issues, but we're far from herd-immunity. I still can't believe that face-mask requirements are not universal. That should be mandatory given that social-distancing is wishful thinking. Real reach of sneeze is closer to 2-3x distance dictated by social-distancing. Studies like this should be blasted on news, rather than showing nurses saying "Only sick people should wear face-masks". What idiots!!!

You want to hear about some idiots! Monday we go back to work and I asked my Manager is wearing masks was going to be mandatory and he said: “The management team decided to not make it mandatory but to “strongly recommend “ because they did not want to wear them and if the employees saw them without them they would look like hypocrites” WOW WHAT IDIOTS!

Old May 15th, 2020, 08:07 AM   #287
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
I hear there may be more stimulus going out if Congress can figure out how to sneak in more unrelated pork projects.

Btw, the government (better known as we the people) are borrowing this money at zero percent interest. Just whom are we borrowing this money from and how are we supposed to pay it back?
Idk I’m just glad I got stimulus like the banks did when they went broke! I’m not gonna go political here.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 15th, 2020, 11:40 AM   #288
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Our county is letting a few things open- mostly retail, for curbside pickup (a thing which I am unlikely to use, I don't like to shop that way). We're still getting new infections and deaths, though our rates are pretty low (thankfully).

My father-in-law's nursing home had positive people working there so they tested everybody. He came up negative.

I expect our infection rate to go up now that people don't wear masks in public like they did last week. Everybody relaxes, but it's still running rampant. It's not enough for sick people to wear masks and stay home; people spread it without feeling sick.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2020, 12:02 PM   #289
Snake

Yes, as we open the country up people will relax and there will be more cases. There are two ways stop/control this thing: (1) Develop a vaccine that lasts at least a year like the flue vaccine or/and (2) test every single person so the ones that don’t have it can return to work and those that have it can get treatment. Any other suggestions, please chime in.

Old May 15th, 2020, 01:09 PM   #290
DannoXYZ

Quote:
You want to hear about some idiots! Monday we go back to work and I asked my Manager is wearing masks was going to be mandatory and he said: “The management team decided to not make it mandatory but to “strongly recommend “ because they did not want to wear them and if the employees saw them without them they would look like hypocrites” WOW WHAT IDIOTS!
Seems like they're opening themselves up to some major liabilities. One guy's already died. Seems like an OSHA case. Perhaps even class-action lawsuit if more people fall ill and die!!! You're being exposed needlessly: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...enger-coughing

Record everything, make copies of all documents. Never know when they'll come in handy.

Also avoid face-masks with valve. Those may filter on inhale, but will exhale unfiltered air, and moisture and viruses!

Old May 17th, 2020, 02:26 PM   #291
Snake

NASCAR has gone back to racing with no people the stands. All the pit crew had masks on.