ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 27th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #1
EngrNewf
Geeket

Name: Terri-Lynn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

rear/front stands

What should I look for in a rear or front stand for a 250? What stands are best, what stands are worse?

I'm assuming they won't all fit considering our wheels are 'thinner' then most. I'm assuming I need slider spools put on the wheels to get those little stands that you can push the wheel onto? Do they usually come with the stand or do you have to buy them seperately?

Old May 27th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Some info here:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9810

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

depends on what u want, I had a set of Handy stands www.handy.com for my last bike both stands for $99 cant beat the price but I have seen front and rear stands the front a headstock one for $140 plus shipping.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #4
BlueRaven
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I just went to my local dealership. They both selled for $50 CAD a piece. The spools were sold separately.

Old May 28th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #5
QuarterBoreNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): Why do you care?

I'm using T-Rex stands with the Ninjettes...http://www.t-rex-racing.com

Fast shipping, the stands hold up well, and there's usually a free spool deal going on when you order a front/rear combo...
QuarterBoreNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #6
rage42
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Alex, What pin # do you have on your pitbull front stand? Mine pushes the front fairing up before lifting the bike, so I haven't lifted it yet.

Old May 28th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I leave the #2 pin in there, that's made for the ZX-10R. When it lifts the ninjette, it does touch the front fairing underneath a smidge, but it catches very quickly and only deflects it very slightly, with no scratches, bends, or other consequences. I was wary about it before the first lift, but said the heck with it and it turned out to be fine.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old May 28th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #8
rage42
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

I was being pretty careful about it, tried to keep going but didn't see it catching. Using a #1 per their chart. Maybe I'll toy with it, maybe give them a call. thx

Old May 28th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #9
Alex
ninjette.org dude

When you are lifting the front, make sure to keep your foot or something else that works to hold the stand in place without rolling forward at all. That way it lifts it straight up, rather than having the stand come forward and have that arm put more pressure on the bottom side of that fairing.

Old May 29th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #10
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
When you are lifting the front, make sure to keep your foot or something else that works to hold the stand in place without rolling forward at all. That way it lifts it straight up, rather than having the stand come forward and have that arm put more pressure on the bottom side of that fairing.
I can't do this with my Harbor Freight front stand. It always drags my rear stand forward! I think it's because it's A) Too high and B) I'm using a low-profile spool stand in the rear instead of another one of the same type/height (I bought the front-fork adapters to replace the swingarm paddles to convert it to a front stand).

It is REALLY awkward! I wondered if I'm doing it right, considering how likely it felt that it would result in a drop. The stand said to see the instructions included with the front for adapters for using it as a front stand and, guess what? It doesn't include any! That's what I can expect from Harbor Freight. I thought that perhaps you aren't supposed to lift the rear first but that was even worse.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #11
ithaca00
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250 (street), 1994 EX250 (Race), 2008 250R (Race), 2000 250 (project), 1991 EL250 (a cruiser!)

Always lift the rear of the bike first! If it slides forward while lifting the front that's fine, as long as it pulls straight and the stand doesn't get caught up on anything.
ithaca00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #12
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I really like my Pitbull stands a lot. I have the rear stand that can be used spools or without. The front stand is the Newfront one they have. Both are very over built and will last forever. I also like that they are made in the US and I can get parts quickly. They are expensive, but I like to buy something once if I can.

Had to get another pin for my stand for the 250 - ordered it directly and got it 2 days later. Now that's customer service.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote