ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old February 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM   #1
JBinSD
ninjette.org guru

Name: Joel

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300, '99 SV650 tracked

QS, are they worth it?

Seems like everything counts on the lil bikes. I priced a Bazzaz QS module and its $500 just for the QS module, anyone done this on the 250/300? Impressions/ opinions?
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #2
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Name: JJ

Motorcycle(s): 2018 Ninja 400 Race Bike (in progress...)

I have the Dynojet quickshifter on my 300 in conjunction with the PC-V, it works well. As far as it being "worth it" I guess if you're talking in terms of lap times it's probably negligible because the motor just doesn't pull that hard. On a powerful bike a QS is worth much more because of the lost momentum during shifts with the clutch or a throttle roll-off. On the 300 maybe a tenth or two but definitely not much more than that. Biggest benefit is that all of my other bikes have quickshifters and I'm used to it!
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2014, 05:50 PM   #3
shane liberty
ninjette.org member

Name: Shane

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

It was a big improvement on my formula twins bike. You do shave time per lap. It was such an improvement on my twins bike that I had to mentally adjust to the change as I was arriving at the next corner noticeably quicker. I want to run one of them on my Ninja 250 and my Vmax as a matter of fact, just don't have the dough right now.

Side Note: I'd run one if you're racing. If you're not racing, it's pointless. I know you are Joel, so dew eet.
shane liberty is offline   Reply With Quote